• 385,073 Topics
• 21,566 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: It is NOT time to empty the stadium  (Read 6159 times)

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
Re: It is NOT time to empty the stadium
« Reply #300 on: November 06, 2017, 11:11:34 am »

I'm sorry but at this point the best thing for this program is a cleaning out of the current staff.
Whatever the fans can do to attempt to effect change should be done.
It may make no difference whatsoever - but we can at least try to let our dissatisfaction be known and have our voices heard.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #301 on: November 06, 2017, 11:15:44 am »

Dad is and old timer and brutally honest - he laughed at the fact CC was running a 100% high school offense and we couldn't stop it w SEC athletes. He was beside himself for sure...

Gruden? You got the wrong guy....I've never been THAT fan but I do think we can do better - much better. I don't know how you 'high rollers' stomach this shiite, it hurts me as blue collar guy, I can't imagine what if feels like for people who invested much more than we have. I bet you guys have to drink straight liquor just to keep a smile on your face.

It's an embarrassing situation - he goes back to TX and has daily interactions w many,many h.s football coaches down there - but he can't exactly brag about the Arkansas football program with our current situation.

Sad

Well, that high school offense looked like what some of the guys that have a decent chance of being our next coach run.....it's obvious that this isn't going to work, but I hope the next coach will get 5 years to try his hand at turning it around. I actually do a lot better at games I attend, than the ones I watch on TV, haha.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #302 on: November 06, 2017, 11:18:13 am »

Well, that high school offense looked like what some of the guys that have a decent chance of being our next coach run.....it's obvious that this isn't going to work, but I hope the next coach will get 5 years to try his hand at turning it around. I actually do a lot better at games I attend, than the ones I watch on TV, haha.

With the right guys on the roster - that O can be successful. I'm not against a triple option, spread type of O - We just need to keep that identity long enough to recruit the proper guys to run it...we can't be shifting our offensive philosophy every few years, it just doesn't work like that.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #303 on: November 06, 2017, 12:51:03 pm »

People are mad, that’s understandable.  But don’t stop attending games.  Get on the phone, write an email, write a letter.  Contact the Razorback Foundation, The Board of Trustrees, your local state congressman, or the chancellor.  The reason I say this is because it really doesn’t hurt the university to have an empty seat that they’ve already sold. 

But here is something that does hurt the program.  My son is a redshirt sophomore.  He has two more years.  I want 2018 and 2019 to be better.  But I also want 2020 and beyond to be even better than that.  At yesterday’s game, I was approached by a family member of player on a visit.  He saw my parent wristband and asked if I had someone on the team. I told them that I did.  They then asked, “it’s homecoming and there’s a crowd like this?”  “Why would you want to be part something where the fans turn on the boys during a tough time?”

So how am I supposed to answer that question?  Young men that could help this team in the future are watching what the fans are doing this year.  If the recruits don’t think they’ll be supported, they could likely come back to Razorback Stadium on the other sideline.  Think about that before you boycott games.

I know you’re pissed off.  I’m pissed off.  But for the sake of the future of the program you need to show players, current and thise that could potentially help this program, that you will be there for them.  Please keep this in mind when you consider the Miss St and Mizzou games.
I have my own opinions about everything but I will keep them to myself until after the season. A few people here know why

Con el Cerdos

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #304 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:16 pm »

This thread proves that one should not poke a sleeping bear, nor an awakened one, either!

urkillnmesmalls

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #305 on: November 06, 2017, 01:24:15 pm »

I have my own opinions about everything but I will keep them to myself until after the season. A few people here know why

Because hindsight is 20/20 and predicting what is going to happen is a lot easier after it has happened?   ;)   

Nothing like saying "I told you so," after saying it AFTER the event.   :P

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #306 on: November 06, 2017, 01:30:44 pm »

Because hindsight is 20/20 and predicting what is going to happen is a lot easier after it has happened?   ;)   

Nothing like saying "I told you so," after saying it AFTER the event.   :P

I think he has a relative who plays and will wait until his career is over to say anything.

Vantage 8 dude

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #307 on: November 06, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »

People are mad, that’s understandable.  But don’t stop attending games.  Get on the phone, write an email, write a letter.  Contact the Razorback Foundation, The Board of Trustrees, your local state congressman, or the chancellor.  The reason I say this is because it really doesn’t hurt the university to have an empty seat that they’ve already sold. 

But here is something that does hurt the program.  My son is a redshirt sophomore.  He has two more years.  I want 2018 and 2019 to be better.  But I also want 2020 and beyond to be even better than that.  At yesterday’s game, I was approached by a family member of player on a visit.  He saw my parent wristband and asked if I had someone on the team. I told them that I did.  They then asked, “it’s homecoming and there’s a crowd like this?”  “Why would you want to be part something where the fans turn on the boys during a tough time?”

So how am I supposed to answer that question?  Young men that could help this team in the future are watching what the fans are doing this year.  If the recruits don’t think they’ll be supported, they could likely come back to Razorback Stadium on the other sideline.  Think about that before you boycott games.

I know you’re pissed off.  I’m pissed off.  But for the sake of the future of the program you need to show players, current and thise that could potentially help this program, that you will be there for them.  Please keep this in mind when you consider the Miss St and Mizzou games.
As always your posts make a huge amount of sense. And despite my displeasure with CBB and most of the staff, I continue to firmly support the players. The real quandary is how do you do both? Yes, it's critical we show our support to the team. On the other hand, IF "the powers that be" aren't made fully aware and in no uncertain terms how many of us feel what will likely change? It's true that emailing or writing letters to the BOT or JL could be one solution. However, I suspect a LOT of folks either don't want to or don't feel comfortable in doing so. Not saying that's right or wrong, but how it likely is. So....the only other way many can think of showing their displeasure and disappointment. So we're back to a real dilemma of the entire mess. Wouldn't it be lovely if our HC actually decided to live up to his mantra of being #UNCOMMON and either took a sober look at his own failings and addressed them or gracefully stepped down for the long term good of the program?

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #308 on: November 06, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »

As always your posts make a huge amount of sense. And despite my displeasure with CBB and most of the staff, I continue to firmly support the players. The real quandary is how do you do both? Yes, it's critical we show our support to the team. On the other hand, IF "the powers that be" aren't made fully aware and in no uncertain terms how many of us feel what will likely change? It's true that emailing or writing letters to the BOT or JL could be one solution. However, I suspect a LOT of folks either don't want to or don't feel comfortable in doing so. Not saying that's right or wrong, but how it likely is. So....the only other way many can think of showing their displeasure and disappointment. So we're back to a real dilemma of the entire mess. Wouldn't it be lovely if our HC actually decided to live up to his mantra of being #UNCOMMON and either took a sober look at his own failings and addressed them or gracefully stepped down for the long term good of the program?

Do you actually think that the "PTB" are that insulated that they don't know  what's being said, what the feelings of the fanbase is? As to "Uncommon" that's been on the walls on campus for years.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/925420880133574656

Vantage 8 dude

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #309 on: November 06, 2017, 02:56:33 pm »

Do you actually think that the "PTB" are that insulated that they don't know  what's being said, what the feelings of the fanbase is? As to "Uncommon" that's been on the walls on campus for years.

https://twitter.com/RazorbackFB/status/925420880133574656
Well if the PTBs are already very well aware of the discontent then obviously that's a huge start. However, it never hurts to keep sending out the message. And as far as the Uncommon reference, yes, it's been around since CBB arrived. That's the major reason I referenced it. Let him personally use what's he's been preaching all this time.

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2017, 05:44:47 pm »

I think he has a relative who plays and will wait until his career is over to say anything.

Oh..I figured it was something like that, and I don't fault anyone for not getting involved.  I don't even have anyone up there at this point, but I question why I am involved here. 

I was just fun'n...and I hope that came across in my post.  I respect anyone's decision not to post on Hogville.   ;)

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »

The time to empty the stadium has been Long overdue.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2017, 06:26:40 pm »

Nm

Lrgrbt

• Varsity
« Reply #313 on: November 06, 2017, 06:35:43 pm »

Nope, youngest had a golf tournament scheduled for Germantown, but had a medical situation that caused him to withdraw. I had already told my daughter to use the tickets. The lack of class fans at my house were cussing at the TV, it was beyond reasoning to watch our defense give up play after play.
What is he right about?  Although I sympathize with his post, I’m not going to sit here and say he is right for several reasons.

1.  NW AR only will NEVER fill that stadium.  There’s a garbage product on the field produced by the entire UA sports administration but you think people are going to drive 4-7 hours for the kids?  Nope!  It doesn’t happen anywhere and it’s not going to happen here.

2.  There’s not much to do in Arkansas but deer season is upon us.  That’s almost as sacred as UA football.  So you expect people to lose the upcoming weekends of hunting to watch this product?

3.  Do it for the kids!  WHAT?  These are not kids, they are young men and know about what’s going on in that program!  I would be less than a man to approach the family of a recruit and put on rose colored glasses to cover for this HOT MESS!

4.  Hard decisions are a part of life in adulthood and these young men are adults!  It’s time for several of them to make decisions about their future and it should not be dependent on how many folks come out to praise a pitiful product on Saturdays!

5.  Nobody is boycotting Hog Football.  Unlike most on here, I understand human nature and people are not going to invest the time to sit in a stadium and watch a terrible product!  Can they get their money back?  No because nobody will even buy the ticket for pennies on the dollar from them.  So guess what most rational people do, cut their loses and find something else to do with their time!

6.  It’s not just happening at UA, it happens across the college football landscape everywhere!  Did you see the lack of attendance in the upper decks at LSU when they played Auburn?  What about aTm in the 4th quarter Saturday?  What about the empty seats at the USC game?  There’s too many other things to do than watch a terrible football team!

7.  You were one of the ones who drunk the BB kool aide or bought his snake oil because you let your son go there.  Do you really think people are going to sacrifice their valuable time “for the kids” to watch pure crap?  You told us all about the culture change and all the leaders stepping up and that everything is going to be different because of a new found commitment!  Things changed alright!  Players playing out of position!  Players that should never touch the field playing!  Play makers buried on the bench!  A coaching staff that has no clue who is in the game!  A coaching staff that doesn’t teach all the plays to the most dynamic players!  A coaching staff that CLEARLY plays the favorite game like it’s pee wee coaches who play their woeful kids!  Now you expect fans to bail out this mess!

8. Nobody has confidence in anything Hog football so why go?  Apathy has set in and folks are doing other things with their time as is the case with every garbage sports team, pro or college...

9.  Stop the best fan crap!  I’ve been in Norman for gameday, lived in Oklahoma for 2 years!  You know what the difference is, they DEMAND better!  I lived outside of Manhattan, KS.  You know what I saw, Wildcat plates on every car, signs in every yard, and full stadiums and traffic jams on game day!  What about Louisiana?  You have no clue about that fan base!  They love football, love the Tigers, and won’t, in any circumstance settle for a garbage program!  NO, UA fans are not the best in the country, they are just like every other program in the country with the exception, some DEMAND excellence and we don’t!  So stop the self proclaiming sunshine pumping because I’ve been around a lot of sports in a lot of places and there is absolutely NOTHING about the UA fan base that sets it apart from any other!

10.  Now if I were the father of a young man playing ball at UA, I would be laser focused on the events of the next 3 weeks and if the UA administration is going to fail my son, I wouldn’t!  I’d recommend he put himself in a situation that is most advantageous to him!

Fans aren’t coming back to the stadium!  That’s a done deal!  It’s supply and demand and the product isn’t worth the time and money!  You think the HC crowd was bad?  Wait until you see who show up after LSU run up a 52-10 butt whipping! 

It’s not the fans who are failing the young men on the team, it’s the UA sports administration!

Amen

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Calling the Hogs from Kabul, Afghanistan
    • Facebook
« Reply #314 on: November 06, 2017, 10:20:06 pm »

Nope, they are more concerned about what is written on HV.......
Nope, they only care about the product on the field and the amount of people in the stands.  Unlike those that think their emails matter, few on here act like what is said here really matters.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:15:38 pm by Pork Twain »

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #315 on: November 06, 2017, 10:25:55 pm »

He knows...we've been disagreeing about ish for 35 years!  He's one of my best friends!
With friends like that, who needs enemies!   ;)

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »

Hey, now, I resemble that remark!

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2017, 10:56:58 pm »

Hey, now, I resemble that remark!
You and me both, Okla!

TazorTusk

• Varsity
« Reply #318 on: November 07, 2017, 01:03:11 am »

The OP and I share one common concern -- recruiting.

I may enjoy following recruiting just as much as I enjoy following the team in season.

I've not been a Bielema hater or a Bielema lover, but my love for recruiting has led me to a conclusion in the past few weeks.  In my opinion, his lack of productivity on the field with the subsequent discontent it has produced have significantly impaired his recruiting abilities.  Whatever abilities he might have had in the early years of his being here, I believe these have now been eroded beyond repair.

So, while I greatly empathize with FOTH and the current team members, I can also see why devoted fans would choose to not attend games if they perceive this as the only way to bring about a coaching change.

Best of luck to Coach and Jen and the little one, but I sincerely hope he does not return to coach the Hogs next year.  It has been a while since recruiting has been very exciting, and I'd rather have a temporary downturn in this year's recruiting (when we only have about 15 openings) than to see us tail off further in the future in this area (when more scholarships are at stake).

Ex-Trumpet

• When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #319 on: November 07, 2017, 11:34:10 am »

Yeah, I really need to get out more, broaden my horizons...

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #320 on: November 07, 2017, 12:29:21 pm »

Keep your friends close, and your enemies..............I go with buried, but some say closer.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #321 on: November 07, 2017, 12:31:46 pm »

Keep your friends close, and your enemies..............I go with buried, but some say closer.

trotline bait

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #322 on: November 07, 2017, 03:39:08 pm »

Yeah, I really need to get out more, broaden my horizons...

I thought your horizons were already pretty broad....
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas