6 (1.8%)
Long & Bielema
179 (54.2%)
Frito Pie
23 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 328

NuttinItUp

Kendall

Both of them.  Bielema for his inability to coach and recruit in the SEC and Long for hiring him.

Smalltownhog95

I'd fire my own son if he was responsible for this team. But Long and CBB to answer your question.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Marshfieldhog

Arkansas Fan

Even if we lost, I doubt Long would fire.

3dawghawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Kendall on November 04, 2017, 06:11:34 pm
Both of them.  Bielema for his inability to coach and recruit in the SEC and Long for hiring him.

Can't fault the hire. Was a good hire at the time.  Now we know it was crap and who actually ran Wisconsin. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

NuttinItUp

Kendall

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 04, 2017, 06:41:39 pm
Can't fault the hire. Was a good hire at the time.  Now we know it was crap and who actually ran Wisconsin. 

I can fault the hire.  Any coach that comes in here expecting to run the ball and rely on the defense should not be hired.  We need a spread out pro style offense.  The coach before Bielema showed what the potential was with an offense like that.

DLUXHOG

NEITHER!!! You need to add this as an option and reset your darned poll!
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DLUXHOG on November 04, 2017, 07:24:07 pm
NEITHER!!! You need to add this as an option and reset your darned poll!

Read: Frito Pie

immahog

I have a bad feeling that BB will be our coach next season someone tell me I'm wrong
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Hoggiedawg

NuttinItUp

Quote from: immahog on November 04, 2017, 07:26:21 pm
I have a bad feeling that BB will be our coach next season someone tell me I'm wrong

Stands will be >50% empty if so

Bubba's Bruisers

BB is a no brainer.  Really don't know enough about Long to make an educated call.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

SemperFi

Both. Piss poor leadership leads to piss poor coaching leads to what we're seeing on the field today.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

farmhawg

Fire the chancellor first, then both of them.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

3of5-2

You are wrong. At least I hope you are.

tophawg19

Fire all the way down to the Janitors and have them clean out the whole mess
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

DEVIL DOG HOG

Get rid of the coaches.  I have been saying this since the South Carolina game.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

LawDogg

phadedhawg

NuttinItUp

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 04, 2017, 07:31:25 pm
Fire all the way down to the Janitors and have them clean out the whole mess

Not sure how much the janitor have to do with it, but ok!

Potosihog

If Long willingly fires CBB I would let him stay.  If there is any resistance whatsoever, fire both of them.

LZH

Is it appropriate now for some of us to finally say "we freekin told you so"?

wachhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on November 04, 2017, 06:41:39 pm
His system was never going to work at Arkansas. But, otherwise I think you are correct. Unfortunately  there are those who still think it was BB who was responsible for those winning Wisconsin teams. What does that say about Arkansas to them?  Jeff  Long and his choices over these last six years have set the program back far more than we know, I fear.

Poker_hog

Long has created a culture where winning is secondary to a lot of other things.  We won't win big until he's gone.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

RazorbackToTheFuture

Firsr time I didn't vote for Frito Pie.  Jeffie and Bert gotta go.

birmingHAMette

Both need to be gone ASAP.
Has Long been interviewed at all or said anything recently?
Go Hogs

Matt Burks

Quote from: birmingHAMette on November 04, 2017, 08:41:57 pm
Both need to be gone ASAP.
Has Long been interviewed at all or said anything recently?
I think Long's silence is possibly a good thing

hogfanmd

Free Frito pie and Miller lite at the games would ease  the pain
It's insult to frito pie being on that list.

BearsBisonsBoars

Long is doing fine. The AD is much more than Football, and our department is healthy all things considered.

However, football is the most important part of the equation. So my opinion changes if he doesn't make a coaching change after this season.

radar

Both, Long can not be trusted to hire the next head coach.

porkrindjimmy

I don't think you are wrong.

PRJ

bennyl08

Quote from: Poker_hog on November 04, 2017, 08:16:10 pm
Long has created a culture where winning is secondary to a lot of other things.  We won't win big until he's gone.

This one of the areas I absolutely agree with Long on. For the players, character and academics have a higher priority than winning, but for the coach, winning is the primary duty, with facilitating players in their academics and characters being secondary job duties.

If a player isn't breaking the law and getting things done in the classroom, then we won't kick them off the team, no matter if they end up being talented or not. However, for the coach, if the players he signs aren't talented enough, or he and his coaching staff are incapable of winning enough with the players, it doesn't matter how good he does at making sure they go to class, the coach is out of there. That's how Long has operated so far. I've seen nothing to suggest that he suddenly doesn't care about winning and wants to keep Bielema.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 04, 2017, 08:46:33 pm
Long is doing fine. The AD is much more than Football, and our department is healthy all things considered.

However, football is the most important part of the equation. So my opinion changes if he doesn't make a coaching change after this season.

Long presents a culture problem at Arkansas, I don't think he is the leader we need to get us out of this hole he had a hand in digging.   I don't see any proof, looking at his resume, that he has the experience or knowledge to execute a game plan that will achieve the results we are demanding if we are demanding the head coach be fired.  These things go hand in hand, just like BB changing assistants hasn't changed the outcome of the football program, Long firing BB and hiring the next coach might not change the culture of the program either.

Then we will have to hear endlessly from some fans about fan expectations and how we are a mid-tier team etc etc...  CBP proved we can be more but that gets ignored when it's convenient.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 04, 2017, 09:02:31 pm
Long presents a culture problem at Arkansas, I don't think he is the leader we need to get us out of this hole he had a hand in digging.   I don't see any proof, looking at his resume, that he has the experience or knowledge to execute a game plan that will achieve the results we are demanding if we are demanding the head coach be fired.  These things go hand in hand, just like BB changing assistants hasn't changed the outcome of the football program, Long firing BB and hiring the next coach might not change the culture of the program either.

Then we will have to hear endlessly from some fans about fan expectations and how we are a mid-tier team etc etc...  CBP proved we can be more but that gets ignored when it's convenient.

This "hole" is the product of one bad hire that everyone thought would be a good hire when it happened.

I'm not a fan of the man, personally. But firing the man over one wiff in one sport is silly.

Poker_hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 04, 2017, 08:56:36 pm
This one of the areas I absolutely agree with Long on. For the players, character and academics have a higher priority than winning, but for the coach, winning is the primary duty, with facilitating players in their academics and characters being secondary job duties.

If a player isn't breaking the law and getting things done in the classroom, then we won't kick them off the team, no matter if they end up being talented or not. However, for the coach, if the players he signs aren't talented enough, or he and his coaching staff are incapable of winning enough with the players, it doesn't matter how good he does at making sure they go to class, the coach is out of there. That's how Long has operated so far. I've seen nothing to suggest that he suddenly doesn't care about winning and wants to keep Bielema.

Bert likes to say "you recruit your own problems".  Meaning he won't recruit player he thinks has character issues.  Well a lot of great football players aren't model citizens.  It's also easy to get in his doghouse for off the field issues but hard to get out of it.  I don't know if that's coming from long or just s Brets stubbornness. 

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on November 04, 2017, 08:56:36 pm

Long hasn't done anything at all so far that facilitates the building of a winning football program so I don't see the reason for the absolute confidence some posters seem to still have in him.

Head coaches aren't the only ones fired because a team doesn't win, AD's regularly get the axe too.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 04, 2017, 09:09:19 pm
Long hasn't done anything at all so far that facilitates the building of a winning football program so I don't see the reason for the absolute confidence some posters seem to still have in him.

Head coaches aren't the only ones fired because a team doesn't win, AD's regularly get the axe too.

You have no evidence for this besides the fact that he hasn't fired the coach mid season - and that action is extremely rare.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 04, 2017, 09:07:25 pm
This "hole" is the product of one bad hire that everyone thought would be a good hire when it happened.

I'm not a fan of the man, personally. But firing the man over one wiff in one sport is silly.

Look not everyone thought it was a good hire and a lot of us also look at more than one hire, maybe you don't but most that have a strong opinion do.  It's no different than you going through the process of hiring a new employee, hopefully you are looking at more than their last job.

Razor8

I need an AD who doesn't wait until the stands are empty before he knows to make a change. Both need to go!
Razorbacks

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 04, 2017, 09:14:23 pm
Look not everyone thought it was a good hire and a lot of us also look at more than one hire, maybe you don't but most that have a strong opinion do.  It's no different than you going through the process of hiring a new employee, hopefully you are looking at more than their last job.

And just like hiring employees, you can only hire those interested. Do you know who was passed over? Perhaps Bret was the best option available. Perhaps he wasn't, too. But you and I will never know.

What we do know is that Bret had a strong resume and a history of stability, and we really needed some stability in 2012.

Edit: one can gripe about every new hire and be right much more often than not. Not agreeing with the hire doesn't impress me.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 04, 2017, 09:13:57 pm
You have no evidence for this besides the fact that he hasn't fired the coach mid season - and that action is extremely rare.

Well I have the last ten years plus his time at Pittsburgh, what do you have?

Poker_hog

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 04, 2017, 09:17:29 pm
Well I have the last ten years plus his time at Pittsburgh, what do you have?

4 of the 10 years he's been here we've had a football with a losing record.  That in itself should get him fired.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on November 04, 2017, 09:17:14 pm
And just like hiring employees, you can only hire those interested. Do you know who was passed over? Perhaps Bret was the best option available. Perhaps he wasn't, too. But you and I will never know.

What we do know is that Bret had a strong resume and a history of stability, and we really needed some stability in 2012.

That's a argument similar to the argument not to fire BB this year because there will be several other high profile openings.  I don't know who was considered, who was offered, who was passed over but I do know who I would have preferred and my top two candidates are doing a lot better than BB and I'm pretty sure we could have gotten either one at the time.

jmark

football is the number 1 razorback sport.  we need to be better at it.

we need an new state uniter if ever hope to compete in the future sec
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007