• 385,170 Topics
• 21,574 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arkansas State taunting us  (Read 4606 times)

HoggyCat

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Arkansas State taunting us
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2017, 09:44:58 pm »

We are the 3rd best team in the state, but we go to class and have integrity. Minus the whole stealing from the bowl sponsor thingy

And spitting in opponent's face....

hog of steele

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2017, 10:12:03 pm »

Just because folks didn't come doesn't mean the seat wasn't sold. I get how it's a big paycheck for the red wolves. But giving up a home game for a sunbelt team is a losing proposition.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • So you are my pops...I hope, I hope, I hope
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2017, 11:47:13 pm »

How about this, Red Mange Fans. The flagship university of the state of Arkansas will continue to refuse to play you in any sport. Why you might ask ? Because that is what you crave from the flagship university of the state of Arkansas. Crave on, Red Mange fans.

GolfNut57

« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2017, 12:52:59 am »

How about this, Red Mange Fans. The flagship university of the state of Arkansas will continue to refuse to play you in any sport. Why you might ask ? Because that is what you crave from the flagship university of the state of Arkansas. Crave on, Red Mange fans.

Hey little piglet of the SEC. Show me a post where a ASU fan is begging you for a game these days. Refuse to play all you want. We at ASU quit caring about that cowardly policy of yours ten years ago. We have learned that our SOS looks better by playing the teams that are 2-3 times better than the doormat of the SEC. But ride those SEC coattails for all its worth.

PS. As CCU is the whipping boy of the Belt the UAF is the same for the SEC. Ain't life great?

pigture perfect

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2017, 01:27:45 am »

ASU fans donít even come close to having the hatred of Hog fans in this argument. Most of the stAte fans I know also root for the Hogs. Iím an alumnus and I do. I think the ones that you hate are just the wolf fans who are tired of hypocrisy.

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Varsity
  • Facts are stubborn things...
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2017, 10:46:43 am »

Lots of talk about the future of War Memorial, have a spring game scrimmage between the hogs and wolves.  Would create alot buzz imo.

Ex-Trumpet

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2017, 10:59:09 am »

I don't hate A-State...I think of them like UCA, ArTech, OBU, HSU, Hendrix, etc.  Just  another school in Arkansas.

Except they caved in to the PC police over their mascot.  If they had renamed themselves the "Engines" I would have had a newfound respect for them.

Dropkick

« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2017, 11:05:11 am »

Sometimes you have to consider the source. A lot of ASUJ fans depend on Razorback losses to make them feel better about their status in the grand scheme.

GolfNut57

« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »

Sometimes you have to consider the source. A lot of ASUJ fans depend on Razorback losses to make them feel better about their status in the grand scheme.

Maybe some of those ASU fans that take enjoyment out of watching the Hogs struggle or lose do so because some Hog fans take their frustrations from disappointing Hog games out on ASU by bashing/belittling them for no reason. You know, in order to make the Hog fan feel better about himself or his school.

This is nothing more than your everyday life in college sports where two school from the same state enjoy taking shots at the other. No need to take it so serious. It isn't life or death like some act it is.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2017, 07:40:20 pm »

Give ASU the recruiting advantages of being in the SEC along with the guaranteed money share and it would be interesting to see how high ASU would climb. Just admit that right now Arkansas is the tick that's latched onto the SEC coattails. As a school you provide nothing to SEC football. You'd be better off in the conference with Texas and OKLAHOMA.
you are given nothing...the SEC wanted the UA, not ASU....invitations to join a conference are earned not given...so your hyperbolic statement is null and void

GolfNut57

« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2017, 09:52:51 pm »

you are given nothing...the SEC wanted the UA, not ASU....invitations to join a conference are earned not given...so your hyperbolic statement is null and void

My post had nothing to do with invitations being given. And I think you know that. Your reply is just a lame attempt to deflect from what you know to be my point. Which is right now you like to put Arkansas on a pedestal above ASU while ignoring the recruiting and financial advantages they have just by being in the SEC. To criticize ASU for not being on the same level as Arkansas despite the disparity between the two leagues is just outright stupid.

grayhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #161 on: November 05, 2017, 09:57:12 pm »

Let them taunt all they want, I don't care what an indian red wolf says anyway.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2017, 05:39:56 am »

My post had nothing to do with invitations being given. And I think you know that. Your reply is just a lame attempt to deflect from what you know to be my point. Which is right now you like to put Arkansas on a pedestal above ASU while ignoring the recruiting and financial advantages they have just by being in the SEC. To criticize ASU for not being on the same level as Arkansas despite the disparity between the two leagues is just outright stupid.
deflect conjecture ?  grammatically impossible...how does one deflect something that is based on speculation...an analogy if I may, "your statement that ASU, if given all the accoutrements of the UA, would be able to compete on the same athletic level", would be like saying if the Atlanta Braves wore pin stripes and a navy blue cap that intertwined an N and a Y they would own 27 World Series titles. That's 'la la' land type of thinking.

GolfNut57

« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2017, 07:41:09 am »

deflect conjecture ?  grammatically impossible...how does one deflect something that is based on speculation...an analogy if I may, "your statement that ASU, if given all the accoutrements of the UA, would be able to compete on the same athletic level", would be like saying if the Atlanta Braves wore pin stripes and a navy blue cap that intertwined an N and a Y they would own 27 World Series titles. That's 'la la' land type of thinking.

Making stuff up now to prove your point? I never made any such claim as what you stated above. THIS is what I stated in my previous post; "Give ASU the recruiting advantages of being in the SEC along with the guaranteed money share and it would be interesting to see how high ASU would climb.
In no way did I state that ASU would be able to compete on the same athletic level. You have major reading comprehension issues if you got that out of my post.

Albert Einswine

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2017, 11:23:37 am »

The hardcore, bitter, old school JSU fans are as irritating as they come. Fantasy land dwellers for the most part. However, I do believe JSU would beat our Hogs fairly comfortably this season based on their having better overall coaching. Shame on Long.

Dropkick

« Reply #165 on: November 06, 2017, 11:27:56 am »

Only 2 things I dislike about living in NEA. Mosquitos and the other pests which are a portion of the ASUJ fanbase.

Dropkick

« Reply #166 on: November 06, 2017, 11:44:10 am »

ASU fans celebrate our close wins over small teams like they celebrate their close losses against the big boys. We should probably just let them have their fun.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #167 on: November 06, 2017, 11:45:05 am »

I don't blame them
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas