• 385,473 Topics
• 21,594 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Ranking SEC Coaching Positions  (Read 1391 times)

WalHog2018

• Varsity
  • Clint Stoerner shook my hand once
Re: Power Ranking SEC Coaching Positions
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2017, 12:07:09 pm »

I'm pretty sure the Hogs Baseball Team makes money..

False, according to the University of Arkansas Economic Report, baseball had 1.5 million in ticket sale revenue, 500K in donor revenue, and 2.5 million in expenses. Simple math: Baseball lost 1 million dollars.

Al Boarland

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2017, 12:07:42 pm »

Arkansas is a great destination for a coach.

At Florida, you'll get better recruits, but you'll get fired after two straight division championships if you start slow in the third year.  At Arkansas, you'll probably make more money than at Florida to start with, and you can go 7-6 and you'll get an extension and a raise and a huge buyout.  Beat Alabama just once and we'll probably build statues of you.

Nailed it. If you want job security and don’t care about being the best competing for championships Fayetteville is your destination job.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2017, 12:08:58 pm »

A dollar after expenses made is still Profit.

Baseball lost 1 million last year. According to University Economic report.

USChog

• Bench Warmer
  • what, me worry?
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2017, 12:11:31 pm »

Not a bad list, but Auburn is a better destination than Arkansas. I know I am going to get bashed for this, but I might even argue Ole Miss is better is well just because of their deep SEC tradition. I would say Arkansas and Ole Miss are a push.

wildturkey8

• Senior
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2017, 12:12:11 pm »

I think a very underrated job is South Carolina, if the right young dynamic coach arrived there, look out.  A lot of HS talent within a days drive to Columbia.  Also, drive an hour and half north of Columbia and you are flyfishing on a mountain stream.  Drive an hour and half south, you are catching redfish on a salt marsh near Charleston.  A lot of advantages.

USChog

• Bench Warmer
  • what, me worry?
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2017, 12:13:31 pm »

False, according to the University of Arkansas Economic Report, baseball had 1.5 million in ticket sale revenue, 500K in donor revenue, and 2.5 million in expenses. Simple math: Baseball lost 1 million dollars.

I'm confused? Simple math tells me that 1.5 + .5 = 2.0. So that is only a 500k loss, not a million.

BR

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Chaos, panic, & disorder -- my work here is done.
    • BR's Home Page
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2017, 12:14:44 pm »

Simple Math: 1.5+ .5= 2 Million in Revenue      2.5-2=.5   so thats a half a million or $500,000 if the numbers are correct.

davril98

• Varsity
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2017, 12:17:26 pm »

Based on conference wins since A/M and MO showed up. (2012 season)

1.  Alabama     42
2.  Georgia       32
3.  Florida        30
4.  LSU            28
5.  Texas A/M   24
6.  Miss. St.      23
    South Car.
8.  Auburn       22
9.  Ole Miss      20
10. Missouri     19
11. Tennessee  15
12. Vanderbilt  14
13. Arkansas   13
14. Kentucky   11

Ouch.

WalHog2018

• Varsity
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2017, 12:26:31 pm »

Simple Math: 1.5+ .5= 2 Million in Revenue      2.5-2=.5   so thats a half a million or $500,000 if the numbers are correct.

Whoops. You're correct. I got a little fired up. Sorry.

BR

• BR's Home Page
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2017, 12:32:16 pm »

Whoops. You're correct. I got a little fired up. Sorry.
I know it is SIMPLE MATH , plus the Revenue you quoted does not include any TV money, Concessions, Gear or any other outside revenue. Just Tickets & Donor... 

WoooPigNation

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2017, 01:11:48 pm »

Can we quit arguing about baseball and track? Lol. Does baseball make money or lose money? I don't know, Walhog says they lose money and the graphic previously posted said they made $16,000.  Take that money to any women's sport and let me know how far you get.

What matters is football (90%) and men's basketball (9%) and baseball (1%).  Thirteen wins in 5+ years and we are debating whether to fire the coach or not.  There should be no debate, end of the story.  I also think that the AD who gave CBB an extension after proving....nothing, should be shown the door.  I'm going to catch some heat on that, but I firmly believe it.  Focus on football and everything else will take care of itself. Long is too concerned about GPAs and graduation rates.  Sure, those are important, but I am infinitely more concerned with the W-L column. WPS, dammit.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2017, 01:26:15 pm »

Firing Bret.
Firing Jeff.
Understanding recruiting.
Getting rid of the PC bros in the athletic department.
Becoming a tough program mentally.
Fundraising and spending money.
Not accepting 8-5.
Not accepting 7-6.
Not accepting anything less than a Natty or SEC Title.
We have the resources. USE THEM.

A "Win at All Costs" program hires hookers for players, fakes test scores and irons out the police blotters on a fairly consistent basis. You don't want to burn down the program, so you're saying it wrong...

ipigsooie

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2017, 01:50:47 pm »

A "Win at All Costs" program hires hookers for players, fakes test scores and irons out the police blotters on a fairly consistent basis. You don't want to burn down the program, so you're saying it wrong...

So we need to be a "win at some costs program?"  I agree that we dont need to go into the gutter to build our program.  I also believe we need to take more chances on players. Sure, not all of them will work out, but you have to hope that your culture is enough to lead these guys in the right direction,  while also getting productivity on the field.

BR

• BR's Home Page
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2017, 07:43:40 pm »

Big name schools with openings this fall, it is going to be an unreal coaching search: Florida,  Ole Miss, Oregon State, Tenn, Nebraska,  UTEP looking.  Maybe UCLA, Illinois, Missouri, A*M,  Arkansas & Kansas : K-State could be also

1.   Alabama: 8-0 Going to a Bowl This Year

2.   Florida: 3-5 right now, Randy Shannon interm.. SC, UAB, Florida State & makeup -vs- Northern Colorado if needed to get to 6 wins.  Already Looking for a New Coach

3.   Georgia: 9-0 Going to a Bowl This Year

4.   LSU: 6-2 Going to a Bowl This Year

5.  Auburn: 7-2 Going to a Bowl This Year

6 Texas A&M  5-4.  New Mexico, ole Miss, LSU

7: Tennessee   3-5, going to be REAL HARD to get 3 more wins. Southern Miss, Mizzou, LSU, Vandy

8.  South Carolina: 6-3 Going to a Bowl This Year

9. Mississippi State: 7-2 Going to a Bowl This Year

10.   Arkansas: 4-5, don't see a Bowl for 2017 season

11.  Ole Miss:  4-5, Interm Coach, don't see a bowl for this year, Already looking for New Coach.  La Lafette, A*M, Miss State .

12.  Mizzou:  4-5, Has a shot to get to 6 wins...  Arkansas game could mean a ton to them.   Tenn, Vandy & HOGS ..They go to a bowl, I think Odom will be back...

13.  Kentucky: 6-3 Going to a Bowl This Year   Vandy, UGA, Louisville    might could go 8-4

14.   Vandy:  4-5, schedule could work out.. Outside shot at a bowl    Kentucky, Mizzou, Tenn

Hornkiller

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2017, 03:20:00 pm »

I think they have a mom and pop retailer up here started by some Wal guy.  I'm not for sure, but I think they make a decent profit.  Also there's a guy who likes to raise birds, don't know how he makes money doing it.  Another guy has a couple trucks he hauls stuff around the country for.  Another guy has a small retail store. Commonly in malls, but seems like the clothes there are too expensive for anyone so I also don't know how he makes any many.  Finally, some guy owns a football team that plays on Sundays, but with ratings down and all, don't think he'll turn a profit this year.

About that guy that owns a football team... one of his running buddies is T-Boone Pickens. Everytime Pickens has Jerry over to Stillwater to show him the new building or addition to the stadium he funded Arkansas seems to get a big check from Jerry for a new building or addition.  After OSU failed once again to beat OU, Pickens will be reaching for the checkbook for a sports medicine complex or meeting room. Let's make sure Jerry is at the ribbon cutting.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas