• 385,715 Topics
• 21,617 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gators and Vols on the move  (Read 3306 times)

HawgPound

• Varsity
  • reply hazy, try again!
Re: Gators and Vols on the move
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2017, 09:49:52 am »

I bet they win 10 games this year along with smoking our ass to oblivion. That story is yet to be finalized but not near the disaster our fan base makes it out to be.
The point is they did not get their choice of coach by making the fire mid season. They ended up with their interim. Do you want that for Arkansas?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Official Jeff Long Darksider!
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2017, 09:52:25 am »

Agreed.

Disagree. I believe once Gruden turns Tennessee down (again), they'll go after T Martin. He's one of their own.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:09 am »

When McElwain got tired of sharks, started eyeing reptiles, and they had to put up signs, it was time to act in Florida.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Setting the edge since 1960
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2017, 10:11:04 am »

Disagree. I believe once Gruden turns Tennessee down (again), they'll go after T Martin. He's one of their own.

I hope they hire Tee.  No head coaching experience.  Big risk.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is there a problem here?
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2017, 10:21:54 am »

Can anyone explain the fascination with Gruden? He has not coached ANYWHERE in 8 years, and has not held a college job of any type in over 2 decades.

jkstock04

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2017, 10:36:52 am »

The point is they did not get their choice of coach by making the fire mid season. They ended up with their interim. Do you want that for Arkansas?
It was basically a job interview and he won the job. He finished the year 5-2. If that happened at Arkansas statues would be erected of whoever did it.

Ya let's say we had fired Bielema with 7 games to go like LSU did Les Miles...and hired Dan Enos as interim. Then subsequently we finished the year 5-2 with a convincing bowl win. Yes, I would be perfectly fine with giving Dan Enos the job after that.

But then again...at this point I would take almost anyone over Bret Bielema. I can't stand him as our coach, I think he is terrible.

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2017, 10:38:16 am »

Can anyone explain the fascination with Gruden? He has not coached ANYWHERE in 8 years, and has not held a college job of any type in over 2 decades.

They see him on TV.

lawhawg20

• Band Nerd
  • Maybe we're just a baseball school...
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2017, 10:41:28 am »

The trouble is A/M.  They could take Morris at SMU and that does hurt the UA options.

Word around Dallas is that Morris has always wanted the TAMU job.  He's an aggie grad and that's his dream destination.  I would not get your hopes up for him, though I think he would be a great hire. 

jkstock04

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2017, 10:41:41 am »

He's a "likable" guy...just like Bielema! Also, big name therefore an assumption blue chip recruits would just line up for him.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's just the spin.

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2017, 10:43:46 am »

He's a "likable" guy...just like Bielema! Also, big name therefore an assumption blue chip recruits would just line up for him.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's just the spin.

Yeah, it's really stupid.

HawgPound

• Varsity
  • reply hazy, try again!
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2017, 05:16:30 pm »

It was basically a job interview and he won the job. He finished the year 5-2. If that happened at Arkansas statues would be erected of whoever did it.

Ya let's say we had fired Bielema with 7 games to go like LSU did Les Miles...and hired Dan Enos as interim. Then subsequently we finished the year 5-2 with a convincing bowl win. Yes, I would be perfectly fine with giving Dan Enos the job after that.

But then again...at this point I would take almost anyone over Bret Bielema. I can't stand him as our coach, I think he is terrible.
It was not an interview for the job until they struck out on at least two other offers. Let's not pretend that LSU wanted Orgeron out of the gate or even after stumbling the first time. it was a desperate hire that might work out.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas