Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gators and Vols on the move

Started by Cartoon Man, October 29, 2017, 03:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

Quote from: smb on October 30, 2017, 09:48:36 am
Agreed.

Disagree. I believe once Gruden turns Tennessee down (again), they'll go after T Martin. He's one of their own.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hawgon

When McElwain got tired of sharks, started eyeing reptiles, and they had to put up signs, it was time to act in Florida.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GuvHog on October 30, 2017, 09:52:25 am
Disagree. I believe once Gruden turns Tennessee down (again), they'll go after T Martin. He's one of their own.

I hope they hire Tee.  No head coaching experience.  Big risk.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

hogsanity

Can anyone explain the fascination with Gruden? He has not coached ANYWHERE in 8 years, and has not held a college job of any type in over 2 decades.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: HawgPound on October 30, 2017, 09:49:52 am
The point is they did not get their choice of coach by making the fire mid season. They ended up with their interim. Do you want that for Arkansas?
It was basically a job interview and he won the job. He finished the year 5-2. If that happened at Arkansas statues would be erected of whoever did it.

Ya let's say we had fired Bielema with 7 games to go like LSU did Les Miles...and hired Dan Enos as interim. Then subsequently we finished the year 5-2 with a convincing bowl win. Yes, I would be perfectly fine with giving Dan Enos the job after that.

But then again...at this point I would take almost anyone over Bret Bielema. I can't stand him as our coach, I think he is terrible.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 30, 2017, 10:21:54 am
Can anyone explain the fascination with Gruden? He has not coached ANYWHERE in 8 years, and has not held a college job of any type in over 2 decades.

They see him on TV.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lawhawg20

Quote from: tusked on October 29, 2017, 04:10:57 pm
The trouble is A/M.  They could take Morris at SMU and that does hurt the UA options.

Word around Dallas is that Morris has always wanted the TAMU job.  He's an aggie grad and that's his dream destination.  I would not get your hopes up for him, though I think he would be a great hire. 

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on October 30, 2017, 10:21:54 am
He's a "likable" guy...just like Bielema! Also, big name therefore an assumption blue chip recruits would just line up for him.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's just the spin.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 30, 2017, 10:41:41 am
He's a "likable" guy...just like Bielema! Also, big name therefore an assumption blue chip recruits would just line up for him.

Don't shoot the messenger, that's just the spin.

Yeah, it's really stupid.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HawgPound

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 30, 2017, 10:36:52 am
It was basically a job interview and he won the job. He finished the year 5-2. If that happened at Arkansas statues would be erected of whoever did it.

Ya let's say we had fired Bielema with 7 games to go like LSU did Les Miles...and hired Dan Enos as interim. Then subsequently we finished the year 5-2 with a convincing bowl win. Yes, I would be perfectly fine with giving Dan Enos the job after that.

But then again...at this point I would take almost anyone over Bret Bielema. I can't stand him as our coach, I think he is terrible.
It was not an interview for the job until they struck out on at least two other offers. Let's not pretend that LSU wanted Orgeron out of the gate or even after stumbling the first time. it was a desperate hire that might work out.