• 385,472 Topics
• 21,594 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rhine River Cruise??  (Read 206 times)

Boog41

• Hogvillian
Rhine River Cruise??
« on: October 28, 2017, 04:44:11 pm »

Anyone ever done one of these?

I知 wanting to plan one, but not sure where to start. Is there a preferred cruise line?

HawgWild

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Life is good
Re: Rhine River Cruise??
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 04:58:34 pm »

I've never been but everyone that I've talked to that has, loved it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Vantage 8 dude

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 12:32:17 pm »

Anyone ever done one of these?

I知 wanting to plan one, but not sure where to start. Is there a preferred cruise line?
There are several companies out there that offer such. Just Google and you can get a list. For my money it would be Viking.

Boarcephus

• Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 01:41:49 pm »

Had a friend just back from one and played golf with another guy who just game back and they love them.  The guy I played golf with has been on 4 of them.  From what he says, great small ship experience, give or take 100 passengers.  Beat the hell out of the mega ships with 3000+.  He indicated beer and wine were included but the harder stuff you could buy a card for and have those included as well.  Only downfall was the trip over. 

Boog41

• Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 06:29:37 pm »

Thanks Vantage for the Viking name.

Hey Boar, good to hear from you. If you wouldn稚 mind, next time you talk to those guys ask them if they have a preferred cruise line.  Beer and wine is all I need, so I知 good with that!!

I知 looking to go next May-ish. I know I want to start, or end, in Amsterdam.

Boarcephus

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:09:29 am »

Thanks Vantage for the Viking name.

Hey Boar, good to hear from you. If you wouldn稚 mind, next time you talk to those guys ask them if they have a preferred cruise line.  Beer and wine is all I need, so I知 good with that!!

I知 looking to go next May-ish. I know I want to start, or end, in Amsterdam.

She told me the choose Viking because it was the most highly recommended.  She said there were roughly 200 on board, all beer, wine and Champaign was included with all meals and all excursions were included in the price.  They toured the Rhine and stayed mostly in Germany.  They enjoyed theirs so much they've already scheduled another one next year touring the Danube.  We may look into one of those in the near future.  I'd just dread the flight.

Boog41

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:13 am »

She told me the choose Viking because it was the most highly recommended.  She said there were roughly 200 on board, all beer, wine and Champaign was included with all meals and all excursions were included in the price.  They toured the Rhine and stayed mostly in Germany.  They enjoyed theirs so much they've already scheduled another one next year touring the Danube.  We may look into one of those in the near future.  I'd just dread the flight.

Awesome! Thanks brotha!

I'm with you on that flight over. Nine hours is a long time to be in a sardine can.

Boarcephus

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 11:02:48 am »

Awesome! Thanks brotha!

I'm with you on that flight over. Nine hours is a long time to be in a sardine can.

The only time in my life I wish I was 4 feet tall and weigh in at 50 pounds is when I climb on board a plane. 

Vantage 8 dude

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 02:12:00 pm »

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Eastern Europe. While we didn't travel Viking, we did see several of their ships tied up along the bank near the Parliament Building on the Danube in Budapest. Whether one goes by ship or land, the capital of Hungary is an absolute MUST see. Incredibly beautiful and exciting city. BTW if anyone has seen any of the printed or tv advertisement for Viking it's very likely you would have seen the aforementioned building along the Danube.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2017, 07:50:19 am »

Thanks we been talking about doing this once we retire!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas