• 385,503 Topics
• 21,598 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: former ole miss bb player justin reed has died  (Read 153 times)

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
Re: former ole miss bb player justin reed has died
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 07:30:02 am »

Rebels247David‏ @Rebels247 Oct 20

Former #OleMiss Basketball Standout Justin Reed Passes Away From Cancer https://247sports.com/college/ole-miss/Article/Former-Rebel-Justin-Reed-Passes-Away-109179760 via @247Sports

Former Ole Miss basketball star Justin Reed passed away early Friday morning after a long battle with a form of spinal cancer.

Reed was 35. He was diagnosed with angiosarcoma three months ago.

We are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of an all-time Rebel great, said Ole Miss mens basketball head coach Andy Kennedy. J. Reed epitomized the qualities of what it means to be an Ole Miss Rebel. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and to all those who mourn with us.

Reed was named the SEC Freshman and Newcomer of the Year in 2001 coming out of Provine High School in Jackson, Miss. By the time his career wrapped up in Oxford, he was one of the most accomplished players in the history of the Ole Miss basketball program. A second-round draft pick by the Celtics in 2004, he later enjoyed an NBA career that included stints in Boston, Minnesota and Houston.

Coach Jason Flanigan‏ @CoachFlanigan1

I called him Bulldog, he called me Cap! I'm glad I got a chance to go on a wonderful ride with you. RIP J-Reed! #RebelsForLife

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas