• 385,566 Topics
• 21,600 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smart Phone Upgrade  (Read 191 times)

HawgWild

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Life is good
Smart Phone Upgrade
« on: October 07, 2017, 11:00:35 am »

I've got a pair of LG2 phones that'll be 4 years old in a few months and am considering upgrading to new phones. Can I just buy a network compatible Smart phone outright and put in my current simm cards? I'm just fine with my current data plan and am afraid I might lose some discounts I'm getting that are no longer applicable if I go to AT&T to do this.

TIA

zsanfusa

• Varsity
Re: Smart Phone Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:08:16 pm »

Yes, just make sure the phone you buy is GSM network compatible (AT&T is on a GSM network).  This applies if you buy a carrier unlocked phone through a retail channel.  Any AT&T phone will also work if buy one that is carrier locked, you may also be able to walk into a store (AT&T) and just purchase a phone (pay for it without contract payments, buying it all at once) without a contract, just walk in and ask.  Personally, I just bought a Pixel 2 XL (which is made by LG) which is unlocked and works with all carriers (GSM and CDMA).  Really it's all about what suits your needs.  If you like LG checkout the V30, it was just released and has great reviews.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogs run wild

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:16:02 pm »

my phones is like 4-5 years old just cuz i don't want to pay $800 for a phone. even with monthly installments, it'll be like $900. if my phone breaks, i'm screwed.

zsanfusa

• Varsity
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:58:59 pm »

Checkout budget smartphone reviews for phone that range anywhere from $150 to $400.  You can still find some pretty good phones that are wallet friendly.  Also unlocked phones are usually cheaper than carrier locked models.  ASUS sells some pretty good budget smartphones.  OnePlus and Xiomi are also know for there budget products.  Just read up and buy from a seller like Amazon, and you can stretch your dollar pretty far.

HawgWild

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Life is good
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:39:30 am »

Good info to know. Thanks for the response.

zsanfusa

• Varsity
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas