• 389,006 Topics
• 22,020 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Middle of the O-Line  (Read 1600 times)

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
Re: Middle of the O-Line
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2017, 10:43:35 pm »

A&M gashed the D on the ground and in the air. I guess you could say “we’re a lot better” at stopping the run. We’ve gone from abysmal to just crappy.

Deja vu, we allowed 5 big plays that determined the outcome of the A&M game. 2 passing plays for 131 yards and 3 rushing plays for 156 yds.

Take those away those 2 passing big plays and on the other 12 completions we allowed 85 yards for 7.1 yds/compl. Take away the 3 big rushing plays and on the other 39 carries we allowed 129 yds for 3.3 yds/carry. The defense didn't get "gashed" but we did have breakdowns defensively on 7.2% of all of A&M's plays that gave them the game. That means that on 92.8% of all of A&M's plays the defense played pretty doggone well. We just have to get a handle on the occasional breakdowns that can cost us games.

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2017, 10:46:07 pm »

Deja vu, we allowed 5 big plays that determined the outcome of the A&M game. 2 passing plays for 131 yards and 3 rushing plays for 156 yds.

Take those away those 2 passing big plays and on the other 12 completions we allowed 85 yards for 7.1 yds/compl. Take away the 3 big rushing plays and on the other 39 carries we allowed 129 yds for 3.3 yds/carry. The defense didn't get "gashed" but we did have breakdowns defensively on 7.2% of all of A&M's plays that gave them the game. That means that on 92.8% of all of A&M's plays the defense played pretty doggone well. We just have to get a handle on the occasional breakdowns that can cost us games.

Explosiveness wins games.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2017, 10:54:05 pm »

Explosiveness wins games.

Yes it can and it is aided by the times when there is a defensive breakdown in alignment and assignment. Unfortunately that happened to us on 5 of A&M's total of 69 plays.

AugustaHog

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2017, 11:06:27 pm »

Sucks that we're not very good, because this is one of those years we could make a run.
I really thought 8-4 and a solid bowl would be a great season prior to week 1.  The SEC is much weaker than I expected it to be though.  This is the easiest schedule we have had in years.  I hope we can survive October because November has the potential to be very good if we get growth on OL and stay healthy.  8-4 is still possible, but I don't think a win over USC, OM, LSU, MSU, or Mizzou will be deemed a marquee victory.  I'd take a 5 gm win streak into a decent bowl though.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas