Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I guess cellphones on sidelines are a big deal?

Started by rhog1, October 01, 2017, 01:02:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rhog1

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/watch-alabama-strength-coach-rips-phone-away-someone-crimson-tide-sideline/

You know it's funny when a Bama guy had a cellphone on our sidelines taping our coach no one thought it was a big deal. Guess it is a big deal when they have one on Bama's sideline.

NuttinItUp

Wow. He looked pretty angry when taking the phone.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/914344737678725122

I wonder if he was worried about information being passed, or just wanted the guy to pay more attention to the game?

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 01:16:39 pm

I wonder if he was worried about information being passed, or just wanted the guy to pay more attention to the game?

He was watching the Auburn game?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: rhog1 on October 01, 2017, 01:02:26 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/watch-alabama-strength-coach-rips-phone-away-someone-crimson-tide-sideline/

You know it's funny when a Bama guy had a cellphone on our sidelines taping our coach no one thought it was a big deal. Guess it is a big deal when they have one on Bama's sideline.

My thoughts exactly.

rhog1

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 01, 2017, 01:16:39 pm

First of all the guy had a huge camera around his neck. He is obviously a reporter of some kind. The Bama coach really had no right to snatch it out of his hands like that. If he didn't like it He should have asked the guy to leave. With the obvious SDS Bama bias I get the feeling that if one of our coaches had done something like that the Headline would have read Arkansas coach snatches phone from journalist, and the whole article would have been blasting us for it.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: rhog1 on October 01, 2017, 01:59:41 pm
First of all the guy had a huge camera around his neck. He is obviously a reporter of some kind. The Bama coach really had no right to snatch it out of his hands like that. If he didn't like it He should have asked the guy to leave. With the obvious SDS Bama bias I get the feeling that if one of our coaches had done something like that the Headline would have read Arkansas coach snatches phone from journalist, and the whole article would have been blasting us for it.

It was not a professional journalist.

It is an NCAA rule that journalist are not to be behind the bench or in the players area taking pictures.  Media is not allowed in the players area or directly behind the players area.

Now, if he were a journalist in that area that is restricted, then that coach has a right to be upset and to snatch the phone away.

So, this begs the question, who was this guy?  Team photog?  Recruit?  College journalist that didn't know the rules? (This on I doubt because they have people that keep real journalist out) 

You are correct though, had it been one of our coaches doing this they would have said, "Not a good look for Arkansas as coach bullies kid on his own sidelines."
Retired Radio Host

johnny cash

He just did what I would like to do to a lot of people walking in public.

RollHogTide

I believe the photographer in question works for Alabama.

Arctic Hog

Sportscenter was showing this highlight last night.  The commentator was talking about how good the Alabama strength coach is and his intensity.  Paraphrasing here, but they said something to the effect of, "If you're on the Alabama sideline, you better be paying attention to the game and not your cellphone."  Apparently, this coach has done this to other people in the past.

HardCore

Quote from: Arctic Hog on October 01, 2017, 02:56:45 pm
Sportscenter was showing this highlight last night.  The commentator was talking about how good the Alabama strength coach is and his intensity.  Paraphrasing here, but they said something to the effect of, "If you're on the Alabama sideline, you better be paying attention to the game and not your cellphone."  Apparently, this coach has done this to other people in the past.

I like it.  That guy teaches focus.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

PorkRinds

He was standing right behind the people doing the play call signs. That's my guess.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: HardCore on October 01, 2017, 04:32:42 pm
I like it.  That guy teaches focus.

If it happened here, people would gripe about it.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 01, 2017, 08:43:34 pm

Not if we were winning like Bama does.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HardCore

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 01, 2017, 08:43:34 pm

Got a feeling Saban doesn't put up with too much crap....and that filters down to his staff.  Interesting concept.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

tucsonhogfan

I think he should have found a cop and had the coach arrested for stealing his phone.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HardCore on October 02, 2017, 12:56:22 am
Got a feeling Saban doesn't put up with too much crap....and that filters down to his staff.  Interesting concept.

No flip-flops, reggae music, and dancing?