Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We won but missed a few opportunities

Started by RedRazorHog, October 01, 2017, 10:33:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRazorHog

Good to see the team get the W.  That said, we missed a few opportunities to improve, here are a few things I think we should have done. 
- Get Cole Kelley traditional snaps so he can get game experience
- Toss out our special teams and ask them to make a field goal and build confidence
- Sub in Jalen Merrick or Brian Wallace or Zach Rogers to get them some game experience and see if that improves the line
- Rotate in Hammonds to see the impact on the overall offense

Seemed like BB was trying to get a point total versus thinking about the future.  When you watch Saban, he is so focused on improvement that he coaches every minute for the future.  I think BB could take a play from that book.

What are other things we could have done to improve?
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 01, 2017, 10:33:42 am
Good to see the team get the W.  That said, we missed a few opportunities to improve, here are a few things I think we should have done. 
- Get Cole Kelley traditional snaps so he can get game experience
- Toss out our special teams and ask them to make a field goal and build confidence
- Sub in Jalen Merrick or Brian Wallace or Zach Rogers to get them some game experience and see if that improves the line
- Rotate in Hammonds to see the impact on the overall offense

Seemed like BB was trying to get a point total versus thinking about the future.  When you watch Saban, he is so focused on improvement that he coaches every minute for the future.  I think BB could take a play from that book.

What are other things we could have done to improve?
We can quit conparinf ourselves to Bama.  We arnt and will never be Bama.  No coach is Saban and will never be Saban. You don't know what Saban or CBB is thinking and neither do I. 

RedRazorHog

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 01, 2017, 10:56:09 am
We can quit conparinf ourselves to Bama.  We arnt and will never be Bama.  No coach is Saban and will never be Saban. You don't know what Saban or CBB is thinking and neither do I. 
Who knows what you know and you don't know what I know  and we don't know that you don't know or do know anything so know this, we know that you don't know what we or they know...

--Knute Rockne

JaketheSnake

Quote from: RedRazorHog on October 01, 2017, 11:00:27 am
Who knows what you know and you don't know what I know  and we don't know that you don't know or do know anything so know this, we know that you don't know what we or they know...
No arguments here

Swestwill66

Hard to argue with that

Boardon Hamsay

Yes. I believe this aligns to Descartes' "Discourse on the Method."
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 01, 2017, 12:15:50 pm
Yes. I believe this aligns to Descartes' "Discourse on the Method."

Good 'ern on Descates... I was gonna go with Lloyd Dobler...

--Knute Rockne