• 382,500 Topics
• 21,391 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: We...will...finish...8-4 - Outback Bowl  (Read 6062 times)

Ward

• Varsity
  • Auburn OC Chip Lindsey no likey the press box
Re: We...will...finish...8-4 - Outback Bowl
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2017, 12:47:30 pm »

No matter what you predict or think this team is handicapped bad. We have one facet of the game that is totally missing. Special teams. No field goal confidence at all. No kick return threat. Very little punt return threat. Almost no touchbacks on kickoffs. We were one end zone pick away from being in a dog fight yesterday to see who would score the most points before time ran out. How in the world can we beat Auburn and anybody SEC wise with a pulse with no ST?
To top that off, AA will be beat nearly to a pulp with the OL we have. The defense has a passing game weakness that was really exposed yesterday. Scramble out if the pocket and either run or throw to wide open recievers.

D'Vion Warren is ready to take one to the house

HoopS

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2017, 12:52:19 pm »

The conference is darnsure down.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Ward

• Varsity
  • Auburn OC Chip Lindsey no likey the press box
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2017, 12:57:24 pm »

The conference is darnsure down.

anyway, it's my hope that after the 8-4 finish, in the coach shuffling period before the bowl games are played, that Bill Snyder retires and Bret Bielema takes his respectable show to Kansas State

hogcard1964

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2017, 12:59:39 pm »

Nobody is going to want him now.

hawgdavis

• Senior
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2017, 01:34:10 pm »

Guy must of gotten some free samples in the mail... dude...read the small print before you pop those in... 8-5 won't happen.

Why not? Only teams that look the part to me are Bama and UGA everyone else not so much and we have had slow starts before and finished strong. No reason to think it can't happen again. Line doing a little better and receivers starting to come on it could happen.

Al Boarland

• Hogvillian
Re: We will finish 8-4
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2017, 01:49:50 pm »

we are going to take Auburn to the woodshed

classic beating

Let me guess. The game is circled.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Official Jeff Long Darksider!
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2017, 01:53:33 pm »

Let me guess. The game is circled.

After last year, it darn well should be! If it isn't, somebody is missing the boat.

Al Boarland

• Hogvillian
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2017, 01:58:28 pm »

Several posters seem to believe we will beat Auburn.  HOW?  Gus, in my opinion, wanted the Arkansas job and was totally overlooked.   I think Gus circles the Arkansas game annually as his must win for that season.  He has the team and the will power to kick us in the nuts and he will.

There is absolutely no reason based in reality that someone should pick the Hogs to beat Auburn.

Auburn has the edge is every single matchup and it’s really not close sans QB. AA will be running for his life for 4 quarters and we will have to play from behind which we suck at.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:18:22 pm by Al Boarland »

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:01 pm »

5-3 in conference

Looking at the Outback Bowl

Lol, I hope you come back at the end of the season and realize just how stupid your post about us finishing 8-4 really was.

Al Boarland

• Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2017, 02:04:40 pm »

After last year, it darn well should be! If it isn't, somebody is missing the boat.
A&M game was circled too. Circling a game doesn’t mean jack when you don’t stack up to the team you are playing. They have one of the best defenses in the country and it appears their offense is clicking. The line will probably be Hogs +10.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2017, 02:05:45 pm »

Several posters seem to believe we will beat Auburn.  HOW?  Gus, in my opinion, wanted the Arkansas job and was totally overlooked.   I think Gus circles the Arkansas game annually as his must win for that season.  He has the team and the will power to kick us in the nuts and he will.

This is a week or two early, but I believe this 100%.

GTOWNHOG

• Senior
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2017, 02:11:50 pm »

Don't think we will win 8.  We are likely to lose to  @Alabama, Auburn, and @LSU (3-9 in Baton Rouge since 1992).  That gives us 5 losses. 4-4 SEC.  Saturday's game in Columbia, SC will be no easy task, either. I'll let you know where we are after Saturday...  :) :D ;D   

my3boneheads

• Varsity
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2017, 02:17:29 pm »

More like 7-5 if the breaks go our way. We have to learn to win the close ones.

johnny cash

• Thanks for nothing Jeff Long.
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2017, 02:18:48 pm »

Who are the 5 conference wins against?

HoopS

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2017, 02:29:57 pm »

Lol, I hope you come back at the end of the season and realize just how stupid your post about us finishing 8-4 really was.
why wouldn’t Hog fans hope he’s right?

Calling All Hogs

• Global Moderator
  • Th-th-th-that's all Bret!Time to move a-Long too!
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2017, 02:37:19 pm »

I'll wait and see who LSU appoints as their interim coach before I predict a victory. :)

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2017, 02:59:18 pm »

why wouldn’t Hog fans hope he’s right?

I hope he's wrong and we go 10-2 but no way in heck we're going to go that.  Just as there's no way we're going 5-3 in the SEC.

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Varsity
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2017, 03:37:31 pm »

I hate it but feel like 4-4 in sec play.  5-3 requires us to be lights out in nov (which we have done before) Feel like we can beat SC, OM, Miz, and leaning towards Ms st since its at home.  However, Fitzgerald scares me more than LSU so a bit torn.

ModestoHOG63

• Varsity
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2017, 03:43:29 pm »

I'm sorry ....THIS is not going to happen.    In fact I'm struggling with ANY conference wins with this staff and the problems we've seen since last year.  I know its not a popular opinion but its what I'm seeing, currently.    Though I have to admit that Williams is going to go off on his former team (S. Carolina) would not surprise me.

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Varsity
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2017, 04:05:22 pm »

I'm sorry ....THIS is not going to happen.    In fact I'm struggling with ANY conference wins with this staff and the problems we've seen since last year.  I know its not a popular opinion but its what I'm seeing, currently.    Though I have to admit that Williams is going to go off on his former team (S. Carolina) would not surprise me.

No need to apologize.  Everyone gets to have an opinion right or wrong.  I have a feeling youll be wrong if your leaning towards a donut in sec play but only time will tell.  I think with the exception of bama and auburn we are as good or as bad as any team left on the schedule BUT i do think SC is probably the most pivotal game so i hope your right about williams.

rhames

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2017, 04:06:56 pm »

I get not liking the staff and ready for a change. However it is dumb to say the team will struggle to win one conference game. It's either agenda driven or you haven't been paying attention to the league at all.

Looking at it objectively Arkansas gets to 6 with a shot at 7.  Wins total. Not conference wins.

ModestoHOG63

• Varsity
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2017, 04:09:43 pm »

I get not liking the staff and ready for a change. However it is dumb to say the team will struggle to win one conference game. It's either agenda driven or you haven't been paying attention to the league at all.

Looking at it objectively Arkansas gets to 6 with a shot at 7.  Wins total. No conference wins.

or maybe you and others have an agenda towards people who speak the truth.  Are you Liberal?   lol

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »

Id kill for 8-4.  Couldn't care less the the conference is way down.  5-3 in the SEC for a mediocre team is quite good. Don think it will happen, of course, but not that crazy of a notion.  The trip to SC looms large for us.  Would be a good win in the road against a decent team.

rhames

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »

or maybe you and others have an agenda towards people who speak the truth.  Are you Liberal?   lol

Oh man. Such great insight and deflection.

HogimusMaximus

• Hogvillian
  • YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 04:18:57 pm »

We will finish 5-7/maybe 6-6

HardCore

• Senior
  • Was it good for you too, Leo?
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2017, 04:26:05 pm »

I'm still looking for that liquor store you all are getting that Absinthe. 

hog of steele

• Senior
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:46 pm »

I will take it.

Tejano Jawg

• PLUCK WAR EAGLES!
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2017, 04:59:30 pm »

If someone is that optimistic, I'm not going to talk them out of it. It's refreshing, actually.

Well, we won't have to wait long to see if it's even possible…like NEXT Saturday. The South Carolina game has to be a win, with some solid play from us all around.

rhames

« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2017, 05:01:38 pm »

If someone is that optimistic, I'm not going to talk them out of it. It's refreshing, actually.

Well, we won't have to wait long to see if it's even possible…like NEXT Saturday. The South Carolina game has to be a win, with some solid play from us all around.

A phrase we have grown to say a lot it seems

It's Bret's biggest game since he has been here.

007 License To Squeal

• Former Air Force Combat Crew BMAT
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2017, 05:19:36 pm »

5-3 in conference

What year?  It won't be THIS year?

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Official Jeff Long Darksider!
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2017, 05:29:33 pm »

5-3 in conference

An 8-4 regular season finish won't get the Hogs to the Outback Bowl. It would probably gain them either a return to the Belk Bowl or to the TaxSlayer (Gator) Bowl.

Bardicer

• Varsity
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2017, 05:32:47 pm »

Must be dreaming or something.   After what I've seen from this team I keep thinking it will struggle to win 1 SEC game.   But at the start of the season I said we'd go 5-7.    For that to pan out at this point there would have to be another surprise SEC win lurking out there somewhere for us.   

Been an awesome 5 year run for Bert Bret.   Great time to be a Razorback, isn't it?

FIFY  :)

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2017, 05:43:13 pm »

There are 3 games that should be won (Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri).

There are 2 toss-up games (South Carolina and Mississippi State).

There are 3 games that have a high probability of being losses (Alabama, Auburn, and LSU).

The key are the 2 toss-up games, particularly Mississippi State at home.   

FANONTHEHILL

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2017, 05:46:32 pm »

I’m the King of the Optimists.  I also fully subscribe to the 1-0 mentality.  Let’s worry about South Carolina.

HoggyCat

« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2017, 05:53:46 pm »

It's possible. If the offense keeps progressing like it has, it's certainly possible. Auburn Is going to be really tough.

I want to see us play a real defense before I say the offense is actually professing. A&M is horrible (USCe was without their best WR) and NMSU is well, NMSU. A sunbelt school. Plus two of the TDs we scored were following a 4th down conversion. We won't be going for and/or getting conversions in SEC play.

HoggyCat

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2017, 05:57:52 pm »

No matter what you predict or think this team is handicapped bad. We have one facet of the game that is totally missing. Special teams. No field goal confidence at all. No kick return threat. Very little punt return threat. Almost no touchbacks on kickoffs. We were one end zone pick away from being in a dog fight yesterday to see who would score the most points before time ran out. How in the world can we beat Auburn and anybody SEC wise with a pulse with no ST?
To top that off, AA will be beat nearly to a pulp with the OL we have. The defense has a passing game weakness that was really exposed yesterday. Scramble out if the pocket and either run or throw to wide open recievers.

The defense laughs at this post.

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2017, 07:30:35 pm »

Its not nearly as out of the question as it seemed last week- although still highly unlikely. We arent world beaters but it was plain from the games yesterday that much of our SEC competition aren't either.

Bama will destroy us- but they are doing that to everyone. Auburn looks to be strong. Having them at home helps but winning that one will be a long shot. Everyone else on the slate is at least a toss up. One things for sure, you cant make a good judgement on a single weekend, particularly early in the season.

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2017, 07:58:55 pm »

We have 6 winnable games left. Obviously Alabama, and probably Auburn. Auburn's offense is better than our defense, and their defense is better than our offense -- that's a hard situation to overcome, so I'm not seeing that. Everything else is on the table.

The problem realistically, is that 5 of those 6 are also losable games. We proved last year that we can lose games that should be locks (Missouri). While we CAN win those games, it's unlikely that we WILL win all of them. Realistically, I think we split them and 6-6 is most likely.

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2017, 08:02:33 pm »

We have 6 winnable games left. Obviously Alabama, and probably Auburn. Auburn's offense is better than our defense, and their defense is better than our offense -- that's a hard situation to overcome, so I'm not seeing that. Everything else is on the table.

The problem realistically, is that 5 of those 6 are also losable games. We proved last year that we can lose games that should be locks (Missouri). While we CAN win those games, it's unlikely that we WILL win all of them. Realistically, I think we split them and 6-6 is most likely.

Completely agree. 

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2017, 08:10:45 pm »

Auburn would stomp a mud-hole in us if we played them today.  Don't see that changing much in 3 weeks.  I attended their game against MissState yesterday.  Their defense is for real and Stidham is getting more comfortable by the minute with their offensive scheme.  Don't see the Hogs winning this game . . . even at home.

Piggfoot

• Hog Table top cooker
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »

Hope you're right but I fear overly optimistic.

Hawgzinbowlz

• Hog Spirit
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2017, 08:42:53 pm »

Swap SC and Auburn and maybe that duck Hog can hunt.

" GO HOGS "

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2017, 09:16:25 pm »

The problem with this staff is the larger tendency to lose games they should win rather than the opposite. I can't think of a single notable upset this staff has managed in the last 4+ seasons while the opposite are easily memorable. More troubling is the tendency to come out on the short end in close games, which is exacerbated by the fact that we have no servicible kicker this year and that's frequently the difference in a close game.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »

There are 3 games that should be won (Coastal Carolina, Ole Miss, and Missouri).

There are 2 toss-up games (South Carolina and Mississippi State).

There are 3 games that have a high probability of being losses (Alabama, Auburn, and LSU).

The key are the 2 toss-up games, particularly Mississippi State at home.   

This is right on. So yeah, that means the OP is not out of his mind. We have 6 winnable games, and if Auburn had a bad afternoon somehow, 7. In saying that, I recognize I'm indirectly saying how 'down' the SEC-W is this year.

But as Bacons Rebellion warns, 5 may be losable. I'll even up that to 6. And why not 7? Last I checked we lost to Missouri last year, who says this year is an automatic W?

I've said this every week, I don't know much about this team, except to say it's consistently inconsistent. Our running game will look great, then disappear. AA will look sharp, then get sacked 6 times. Our D will play well for 90% of the game, but in the other 10% we'll give up big plays that prove to be the difference. How can we possibly know which Hogs will be on the field?

judgeroyswine

• That's not pessimism, that's just how it is.
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2017, 10:20:16 pm »

5-3 in conference

You're wrong, but I applaud your optimism.

Ben

• Senior
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2017, 10:27:00 pm »

LSU

Mizzou

Miss State

Ole Miss

Auburn

we will lose the next two and be 2-4, then go on a 6 game win streak
LSU and Ole Miss are tossups since they are on the road. Auburn will beat us. Way better defense and offense is now clicking

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2017, 10:37:24 pm »

5-3 in conference

Ive been saying the same. This season is a repeat of 2015 except we didnt lose to a toledo type school

secfan30

« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2017, 10:39:33 pm »

Swap SC and Auburn and maybe that duck can hunt.

Im with you and think this is possible.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2017, 10:53:07 pm »

This is right on. So yeah, that means the OP is not out of his mind. We have 6 winnable games, and if Auburn had a bad afternoon somehow, 7. In saying that, I recognize I'm indirectly saying how 'down' the SEC-W is this year.

But as Bacons Rebellion warns, 5 may be losable. I'll even up that to 6. And why not 7? Last I checked we lost to Missouri last year, who says this year is an automatic W?

I've said this every week, I don't know much about this team, except to say it's consistently inconsistent. Our running game will look great, then disappear. AA will look sharp, then get sacked 6 times. Our D will play well for 90% of the game, but in the other 10% we'll give up big plays that prove to be the difference. How can we possibly know which Hogs will be on the field?

The by-product of poor head coaching.

Exacerbated by the protection/blanket of an excessive undeserved buyout.

Rzbakfromwaybak

« Reply #99 on: October 02, 2017, 12:07:27 am »

we are going to take Auburn to the woodshed

classic beating

Yeah, just like last year....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas