• 382,518 Topics
• 21,391 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well, time will tell...  (Read 1183 times)

hogsgolfpro

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Well, time will tell...
« on: September 30, 2017, 11:21:43 pm »

2-2...2 wins over cupcakes, 2 losses to a currently legit top 10 team (under current conditions) and somehow an Aggie team that is 4-1 and would be 5-0 had they not pulled a once in a lifetime choke job with a deer-in-the-headlights backup qb (at that time). I by no means think we are world beaters, we will be lucky to get 6 wins, but maybe the two losses weren't AS bad as we were feeling at the time? The TCU game was just ugly, I concede that.

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
Re: Well, time will tell...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 11:27:40 pm »

Solid thread.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

DoubleReedHawgCaller

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 11:29:38 pm »

Nothing is as bad once you convince yourself that it isn't.

sickboy

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 01:37:25 am »

Nothing is as bad once you convince yourself that it isn't.

Technically, nothing is anything unless you convince yourself that it's not nothing first.

searkhogfan

• Senior
  • TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS, OH MY !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:41 am »

2-2...2 wins over cupcakes, 2 losses to a currently legit top 10 team (under current conditions) and somehow an Aggie team that is 4-1 and would be 5-0 had they not pulled a once in a lifetime choke job with a deer-in-the-headlights backup qb (at that time). I by no means think we are world beaters, we will be lucky to get 6 wins, but maybe the two losses weren't AS bad as we were feeling at the time? The TCU game was just ugly, I concede that.

Today's cupcake, lost to Troy by the same point spread as LSU did.  So now I'm marking LSU down as a cupcake also...   ;D

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 03:02:25 am »

Frank.

Athog

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 07:29:35 am »

Plus 1

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 07:32:10 am »

LSU looked horrible!

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 08:43:01 am »

World beater is pretty severe language.  Of course we are not that, but then there are probably only about 6 teams I'd call that and four of them will be in the playoffs when the season is done.

The TCU game was ugly only because we missed two chip shot field goals and kept shooting ourselves in the foot AND gave up two cheapies in the last two minutes.  Not because we weren't capable of beating them. Now we see they are in the top seven and maybe get ranked even lower when polls come out today.

As for 6-6, looking at the final eight games, I wouldn't argue with losses at Bama and Auburn but what about USEe, Olepiss Misstake, LSWho and Mizzery tells you those are losses?

8-4 is quite possible, especially if the D keeps improving.

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 09:20:43 am »

Take out Alabama and Georgia and the SEC is weak this year.  Arkansas can score enough points against the rest of the conference but their matador defense can't stop grandma Moses in a wheel chair

elksnort

• Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 09:37:29 am »

Take out Alabama and Georgia and the SEC is weak this year.  Arkansas can score enough points against the rest of the conference but their matador defense can't stop grandma Moses in a wheel chair
THIS.
Not that it would help but there's not much talk on this board about our defense.

HardCore

• Senior
  • Was it good for you too, Leo?
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 09:59:03 am »

LSU looked horrible!

That was against a team that actually had a pass rush.  Our pass rush doesn’t get close enough to the QB to say Hello

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 01:58:27 pm »

True on the SEC.

We fixed about half of the defensive problems from last year. Need two safeties who are SEC legit, and a NG who is more than a plugger.

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 02:03:06 pm »

THIS.
Not that it would help but there's not much talk on this board about our defense.

To be fair, the offensive line play is so much more noticeably horrible that the defensive busts, which are less frequent (even if more costly) just get overlooked.

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 02:10:41 pm »

If Paul Rhoads is going to continue as our DC and so many of you appear to really like him as such, explain to me his philosophy of never blitzing?  Is it just because of lack of players capable of getting it done at this point?

racinghog

• Varsity
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 02:18:04 pm »

If Paul Rhoads is going to continue as our DC and so many of you appear to really like him as such, explain to me his philosophy of never blitzing?  Is it just because of lack of players capable of getting it done at this point?
Did you watch the second half?

Potosihog

• Hogvillian
  • Some Days !!!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 02:50:51 pm »

Did you watch the game yesterday?  We blitzed more yesterday than I have seen since Burns was the defensive coach.

They didn't get home often but their qb was throwing quick patterns for the most part.

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:25 pm »

Did you watch the second half?

I watched the whole game, just never saw and all out blitz causing any problem with a Sunbelt team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas