• 382,950 Topics
• 21,414 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you still feeling good about the jumbo package  (Read 1217 times)

Piggfoot

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hog Table top cooker
Are you still feeling good about the jumbo package
« on: September 30, 2017, 06:29:42 pm »

I was hoping we could see Kelly in our base offense for a series at least. 

code red

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
Re: Are you still feeling good about the jumbo package
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 06:54:11 pm »

I got to say.  Watching our pass pro.....and Auburn n Bama.  It would be a miracle if Austin doesn't get hurt this year.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

31to6

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:55:59 pm »

I got to say.  Watching our pass pro.....and Auburn n Bama.  It would be a miracle if Austin doesn't get hurt this year.
Hahah they better take a good surgeon to Tuscaloosa. Might have to re-assemble him so they can roll him out on the field in the 2nd half...

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 06:57:02 pm »

The steamboat package with Kelley only works if you have the threat of a true RPO.  Kelley would have had a touchdown pass if their defensive back didn't hold Stewart.

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 06:58:31 pm »

Sure. We threw an incomplete pass. The world didn't end.

I didn't like using it on 3rd and 4. If we had used it on 1st and goal from the 2 it would have made more sense.

31to6

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 06:59:36 pm »

The steamboat package with Kelley only works if you have the threat of a true RPO.  Kelley would have had a touchdown pass if their defensive back didn't hold Stewart.
Would feel better if he didn't have to take the snap in the gun all the time. With his size he should be able to get 2 yards on a QB sneak every time. Would add a wrinkle.

Would also like him to have a quick pass out of the formation. Would keep the safeties honest if we showed it.

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »

Would feel better if he didn't have to take the snap in the gun all the time. With his size he should be able to get 2 yards on a QB sneak every time. Would add a wrinkle.

Would also like him to have a quick pass out of the formation. Would keep the safeties honest if we showed it.

He doesn't have momentum on a quarterback sneak from under center, only push. Better with a 3-4 yard head start.

31to6

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 07:45:13 pm »

He doesn't have momentum on a quarterback sneak from under center, only push. Better with a 3-4 yard head start.
1) He can get 2 yards behind Ragnow. Hell, he's over 2 yards tall.
2) Not suggesting he never take it in the gun. I see the value of him being able to read and then run. But his first steps are so slow--if the defense is getting penetration he's going to be tackled for a loss, which has happened a couple times now.

JIHawg

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 08:29:47 pm »

Sometimes fumbling takes you out of a game.

Porkchop#1

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 08:35:40 pm »

Sometimes fumbling takes you out of a game.
But interceptions don't.

jm

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2017, 08:40:56 pm »

He looks too slow. I will be surprised if he can be productive as the starter based on the few plays he has been in on. A QB doesn't have to be super fast but he does have to have the footwork to get the ball out.

fullfan

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »

All I know is if CK is the starter next year expect a lot more shotgun.  He is not mobile enough to operate under center the entire game.   Not a knock he may have a rocket arm and pick apart defenses. 

10thPlanet

• It's not hard to be humble
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2017, 12:57:13 am »

No, never did. I don't like using what is likely our starting QB for work our RB's can do from the Wild Hog formation.

hogginbama

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2017, 01:20:50 am »

He looks too slow. I will be surprised if he can be productive as the starter based on the few plays he has been in on. A QB doesn't have to be super fast but he does have to have the footwork to get the ball out.

Last QB we had that was slow as you mention was a cat named Ryan. He seemed to do pretty well slinging that pig-skin down the field. Amazing you guys will criticize and write the kid off before he has even started a game next year.

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2017, 06:37:55 am »

Last QB we had that was slow as you mention was a cat named Ryan. He seemed to do pretty well slinging that pig-skin down the field. Amazing you guys will criticize and write the kid off before he has even started a game next year.

We had a lot better Oline when Mallet was here, the one we have now will get CK killed this year and next.

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2017, 10:49:38 am »

BAMA has the ability to legally hurt any player on the opposition at any time.  They know the tricks, the angles, the hurt technique.  That said, Saban sort of likes Bielema.  Bret stood up and repeated what Saban wanted said early in his time here, thus making a friendship.  BAMA and Saban clearly see we aren't a threat to win against them so we will likely be spared.  BAMA will beat us a badly as Saban decides  and then just put the game to bed and say nite, nite.  Please note what BAMA did to Vandy last week.  Saban needed to explain to their coach the pecking order and who to look up to and he did just that.

Con el Cerdos

• Varsity
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 11:10:19 am »

BAMA has the ability to legally hurt any player on the opposition at any time. They know the tricks, the angles, the hurt technique.  That said, Saban sort of likes Bielema.  Bret stood up and repeated what Saban wanted said early in his time here, thus making a friendship.  BAMA and Saban clearly see we aren't a threat to win against them so we will likely be spared. BAMA will beat us a badly as Saban decides  and then just put the game to bed and say nite, nite.  Please note what BAMA did to Vandy last week.  Saban needed to explain to their coach the pecking order and who to look up to and he did just that.

Agree with the first part in bold.  Second part, not so much.  If Saban gets the chance and he will, he'll bury them neck deep in darn, and then tromp on their head.

I don't expect Austin Allen to finish the game.  Hell, Bama tries to maim QBs.  From my view of our OL, AA's season may even be endangered.

ShadowHawg

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 11:40:45 am »

We have never had a qb as mud footed as Kelley. Yes Mallet was painfully slow.

Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head

• Semi-retired Eponymous Mod Accountability Manager
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 12:04:46 pm »

This thread seems oddly personal for MMQB. Seems like every other thread about the jumbo package went to the Tavern.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas