• 382,941 Topics
• 21,414 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Could be worse, could be Texas  (Read 1181 times)

WoooPigNation

• Band Nerd
Could be worse, could be Texas
« on: September 29, 2017, 10:48:42 am »

I was thinking last night as I was watching that Texas under Charlie Strong than we are under HCBB.  Texas has hundreds of recruits to pull from and yet was a complete dumpster fire. Was the job to big for Charlie? I think so. Just couldn't hand the heat of Texas football.

The short is this, i think if we get a good coach like a Les Miles (assuming the rumors about Mizzou talking to him are false) than we would be much better than Texas with Herman.  No reason Arkansas cannot be better than Texas on a yearly basis.

mckinneyhog5

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: Could be worse, could be Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:52:28 am »

I was thinking last night as I was watching that Texas under Charlie Strong than we are under HCBB.  Texas has hundreds of recruits to pull from and yet was a complete dumpster fire. Was the job to big for Charlie? I think so. Just couldn't hand the heat of Texas football.

The short is this, i think if we get a good coach like a Les Miles (assuming the rumors about Mizzou talking to him are false) than we would be much better than Texas with Herman.  No reason Arkansas cannot be better than Texas on a yearly basis.
Didn't you already try telling us this?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HillBillyHogfan

• Varsity
  • @HillbillyHogfan
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:52:39 am »

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 10:54:46 am »

Hang on, I have to create an alter to respond.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 10:59:04 am »

Arkansas football has enough problems without worrying about Texas.  :puke:

WalHog2018

• Band Nerd
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 11:00:37 am »

I love Charlie Strong to Texas. Would build a great program here.

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 11:02:24 am »

I'll give it to them...they picked the one coach (Miles) that would make Hogville melt if we hired. I really can't think of another coach that would have the same effect. I'm a die hard Razorback fan but would give up if that happened.

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 11:03:48 am »

I'll give it to them...they picked the one coach (Miles) that would make Hogville melt if we hired. I really can't think of another coach that outdoor have the same effect. I'm a die hard Razorback fan but would give up if that happened.

I have a couch in my living room that would be on fire in a dumpster.

WalHog2018

• Band Nerd
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:32 am »

Miles has won more SEC Championships individually than our entire program. Would be an excellent hire. Yall wouldn't take Saban because he beat you? Grow up. I want to win.

Polecat

• Hogvillian
  • WPS!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:55 am »

Texas has like 6 of the top 7 recruits in the state already committed for 2018. Arkansas is over here sweating the de-commitments of 3-star kids. That's the reason Arkansas will not be "much better than Texas" unless changes are made

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 11:07:57 am »

It wasn't the heat he couldn't handle. It was the tejas politics so to speak within the school.

WoooPigNation

• Band Nerd
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2017, 11:08:04 am »

Y'all have to be kidding me... Who has more SEC titles: Arkansas or Les Miles? Who has more National titles since 1965: Arkansas or Les Miles? Who has more national title appearances? Arkansas or Les Miles?

I agree, if that weasel face yankee Long didn't fire Petrino would be top 10 team every year but Long once again was an idiot.

Only way he can redeem himself is to hire Miles.  If not, than I say we show Long the door along with Bielema. 

WalHog2018

• Band Nerd
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 11:09:33 am »

Would also take Lane Kiffin.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2017, 11:09:50 am »

Y'all have to be kidding me... Who has more SEC titles: Arkansas or Les Miles? Who has more National titles since 1965: Arkansas or Les Miles? Who has more national title appearances? Arkansas or Les Miles?

I agree, if that weasel face yankee Long didn't fire Petrino would be top 10 team every year but Long once again was an idiot.

Only way he can redeem himself is to hire Miles.  If not, than I say we show Long the door along with Bielema. 

Eat more grass...............It's good for you. So says your coaching lover Les.

WalHog2018

• Band Nerd
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 11:12:41 am »

Eat more grass...............It's good for you. So says your coaching lover Les.

Great logic.  The rationale of a fan from a losing program.  Lets demand greatness.

WoooPigNation

• Band Nerd
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 11:13:24 am »

I admit, I like Stoops more than Miles. But if eating grass it what it takes to win than I'll be face first in grass all day. 

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 11:14:11 am »

It wasn't the heat he couldn't handle. It was the tejas politics so to speak within the school.

no, I think it was losing to Kansas.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 11:14:53 am »

Great logic.  The rationale of a fan from a losing program.  Lets demand greatness.

It's real easy to demand something you have NO control over huh.

WalHog2018

• Band Nerd
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 11:16:08 am »

Demand it with your donations.  $$$ talks. 

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2017, 11:16:31 am »

no, I think it was losing to Kansas.

I know. But UT internal politics is a different breed. They believe they have to have a certain type coach and he wasn't it.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 11:18:41 am »

Demand it with your donations.  $$$ talks. 

IF I was to demand it I would be irrational and illogical. There is NO guaranteed winning anywhere. Even the better known programs have had their down years. Besides that my affiliation with the school goes WAY back. It isn't tied to winning only and making demands. I'm an alum. It's my school and I'll support them through thick and thin and long after you are gone by making demands and get frustrated and leave  when there are times those demands aren't met. I don't base my donations and support only on winning. Heck if fans making demands for winning was the only thing causing them to sport a team then the Cubs would have ceased to exist about 100 years ago and a whole lot of other teams would not be here today.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:32:32 am by Inhogswetrust »

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 11:29:17 am »

Charlie set Herm up for some success.

WoooPigNation

• Band Nerd
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 11:32:39 am »

Inhogswetrust logic: "We are a mediocre team and program and that's all we're gonna be. I'll take a 7-5 season and good GPA.  That's hog football"

Bullsh*t, Hogs need to be a win at all cost program.  I would rather stretch the rules and have an NCAA championship taken away from us than never make it to one at all.

phadedhawg

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 11:37:38 am »

Why spend the money to get Miles.  We have a huge buyout to contend with regardless. 

Miles, I don't know, I don't think he would raise our program by much.  +1.5 wins a year...maybe.  Let's try to find some young coaching talent....someone trying to make a name for themselves.  Plus we could save some money too and they'd be easy to get rid of if they didn't pan out. 

A coach like Miles, with a big name like his, could command figures as high, maybe higher than Bielema.  I doubt Miles is hungry, so you're gonna have to pay the man.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 11:44:41 am »

Inhogswetrust logic: "We are a mediocre team and program and that's all we're gonna be. I'll take a 7-5 season and good GPA.  That's hog football"

Bullsh*t, Hogs need to be a win at all cost program.  I would rather stretch the rules and have an NCAA championship taken away from us than never make it to one at all.

You need to quit stressing and go root for someone else then. Demands do NO GOOD whatsoever from fans. You say all I need to know about you by wanting to "stretch the rules". I bet your mom isn't real proud of you right now.

Heck I've probably been to more games both good and bad than you have been alive for. I'll be there tomorrow. I wonder if you and Walhog will be. It's real easy to tell other how to spend their money huh.

WoooPigNation

• Band Nerd
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 11:50:16 am »

You need to quit stressing and go root for someone else then. Demands do NO GOOD whatsoever from fans. You say all I need to know about you by wanting to "stretch the rules". I bet your mom isn't real proud of you right now.

Heck I've probably been to more games both good and bad than you have been alive for. I'll be there tomorrow. I wonder if you and Walhog will be. It's real easy to tell other how to spend their money huh.

You bet you're ass I'll be there.

devildoghawg

• Senior
  • 60% of the time, it works every time.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 11:53:01 am »

You two idiots should meet up and jerk each other off.  Good god this board has went to hell in a handbasket.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:09 am »

Good for you. Now quit demanding and wanting to cheat and enjoy the time you have there. Otherwise IF you knowingly want to root for cheaters then there are other places to go.

Ben

• Senior
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:19 am »

Herman is only in his first season without any of his players. Minus the collapse vs Maryland, he came close to coming into USC and beating them with a freshman qb. Sorry, but when herman gets the players he wants and the right QB for his system (mobile and can throw), Texas is going to get dangerous.  We saw his work at Ohio St as a OC and in his only 2 years at Houston.

AFWarrior83

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 11:58:35 am »

Why are some fans so adimant about hiring Les Miles?  The guy is MOTHO repackaged, but with a better record due to talent.

Ben

• Senior
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 11:59:37 am »

Les was also stocked with talent since LSU is in a fertile area

longpig

• contrarian extraordinaire
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 12:01:06 pm »

;D
You two idiots should meet up and jerk each other off.  Good god this board has went to hell in a handbasket.

longpig

• contrarian extraordinaire
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 12:02:11 pm »

Les was also stocked with talent since LSU is in a fertile area

Everything but a QB. 

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:13 pm »

I know. But UT internal politics is a different breed. They believe they have to have a certain type coach and he wasn't it.

Even if true, what would that have to do with the product he put on the field?  Were recruits not signing with him because of "politics"?  Were these alleged shadowy figures disrupting practices and sabotaging him on the sidelines during games? 

Charlie Strong wasn't getting the job done and Texas fired him after a few years when it was obvious they had made a bad decision.  That's one of the differences between them and us.

Ex-Trumpet

• When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:46 pm »

At the risk of feeding this troll, CBB is 2-2 against that great champion Les Miles.  Let that sink in for a minute...

RazorPiggie

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 12:07:14 pm »

Oklahoma State Cowboys (Big 12 Conference) (2001–2004)
2001   Oklahoma State   4–7   2–6   5th (South)         
2002   Oklahoma State   8–5   5–3   T–3rd (South)   W Houston      
2003   Oklahoma State   9–4   5–3   3rd (South)   L Cotton      
2004   Oklahoma State   7–5   4–4   5th (South)   L Alamo

Thats what Les would do here.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 12:08:56 pm »

No we wouldn't.

AFWarrior83

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »

I agree.

Ex-Trumpet

• When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2017, 12:19:57 pm »

I don't think he'd do that well!

buldozer

• Senior
  • Lets Call Those Hogs!
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2017, 12:55:55 pm »

Wrong! Texas doesn't play in the SEC West.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2017, 03:32:33 pm »

Texas will be bad news in another year or two . This coach got them playing much better.

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2017, 03:35:19 pm »

Texas will be bad news in another year or two . This coach got them playing much better.

Yeah I'm sure we'll get that return game from 2009 right around the time Herman's got them rolling.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2017, 03:37:05 pm »

Mod sammiches....

PygmalionEffect2

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2017, 03:45:33 pm »

At the risk of feeding this troll

Yeah, and odds are he's an lsu fan.

Haven't been any heavy rains in baton rouge in a few weeks so I guess they have a break from continuously bailing water out of their homes.

The Boar War

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2017, 04:54:13 pm »

I doubt Miles is hungry, so you're gonna have to pay the man.

I'm not on the Miles bandwagon but I would think he'd be very eager to prove himself.

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »

I'd instantly stop watching pressers. Can't stand hearing him talk.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:18 pm »

I'd instantly stop watching pressers. Can't stand hearing him talk.

No reason to watch - he struggles to put together a coherent sentence.
Half the time he's talking - I'm trying to figure out what exactly his point is.

WaltonCollege

• Senior
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:35 pm »

Arkansas football has enough problems without worrying about Texas.  :puke:

This

HogPharmer

• Hogvillian
  • KCCO
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 05:19:23 pm »

You use the term Yankee in such a demeaning way, yet you want to hire Les Miles as our new HC?

By the way, how many accounts on HV do you have?

HiggiePiggy

• Hope...
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »

Miles has won more SEC Championships individually than our entire program. Would be an excellent hire. Yall wouldn't take Saban because he beat you? Grow up. I want to win.

I would take Saban. Not Miles.  Miles never built a thing. Saban has built up 3 programs taking 2 of them to national champions. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas