• 388,818 Topics
• 22,007 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: There was a time...  (Read 1766 times)

johnny cash

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Thanks for nothing Jeff Long.
Re: There was a time...
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2017, 07:07:46 pm »

NYJMSU...Finebaum just the other day called him a scumbag. No one and I repeat no one in the media said he should be retained.
Finebaum also said he could be coaching in the SEC very soon.

Hoggie17

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2017, 07:41:21 pm »

Petrino's record was 21-5 his last 2 years and talk of NC before he was fired in April of 2012.  That's how bright things were for the Hogs. When CBB got here in December of 2012 the program was so bad that it would take him years to win.  I have never been able to figure that.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hoginsavga

• Varsity
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2017, 07:46:25 pm »

There was a time, I could drink my cares away
And drown out all of the heartaches
That hurt me night and day
When the thought of WINS came crashing through
I'd have one more
But now the whiskey ain't workin' anymore

Sorry, couldn't resist with the thread title.

It's funny that you post something of this nature. I have reached the point that I no longer care to get into serious discussions on Hogville. I suppose my level of apathy has relegated me to nothing more than finding humor on this board.

Hog fans, including me, are now like the tags on front of vehicles that say "house divided". Only ours would read "Fans Divided, on many levels".

Hoggie17

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 07:49:54 pm »

It's funny that you post something of this nature. I have reached the point that I no longer care to get into serious discussions on Hogville. I suppose my level of apathy has relegated me to nothing more than finding humor on this board.

Hog fans, including me, are now like the tags on front of vehicles that say "house divided". Only ours would read "Fans Divided, on many levels".
In your opinion who divided the house that Broyles built?

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Senior
  • Facts are stubborn things...
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2017, 08:03:22 am »

I always wonder what would have happened if petrino didnt get fired.  Would we have been better than 4-8 and 3-9?  Or was he really a flash and the wheels would have come off either way?

Swestwill66

• Varsity
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 08:20:21 am »

I always wonder what would have happened if petrino didnt get fired.  Would we have been better than 4-8 and 3-9?  Or was he really a flash and the wheels would have come off either way?

We wouldn't have been 3-9 or 4-8 . PETRINO wouldn't have let the team quit the way they did ! I recall Tyler Wilson calling out players for quitting.

Jimbob111

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 08:39:52 am »

When Arkansas fans thought if we replace HDN we can make a run at winning SECW and a NC.  Now the thinking is, by way to many fans, if we replace CBB we can win half our games.  I hope this not long term thinking.

On the radio this morning they were talking about how maybe someone gets injured (from another team) so that will get the Hogs a win.

So, we fans have gone from wanting to play tOSU at full strength (even though the right then would have been suspensions) to hoping the other team has an injury so maybe we can win.

Although we see how that went with A&M...even AFTER losing their starting QB.  It's a sad state to be in as a fan.

Beliema:  Give Hog fans something they've never had before again and again. It seems like just yesterday they had that miraculous 3-9 season.  We'll be telling our grandkids about that season some day.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 08:46:07 am »

We wouldn't have been 3-9 or 4-8 . PETRINO wouldn't have let the team quit the way they did ! I recall Tyler Wilson calling out players for quitting.

I agree. There is no doubt in my mind that the Hogs would have won at least 8 regular season games in both 2012 and 2013 with BP as head coach.

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 09:04:28 am »

There was a time we could beat Oklahoma in the Orange bowl, there was a time when we could win in muti OT's and recently we could have a  11 win season, now our coach has us at the bottom of the SEC with Vandy and KY.

Plenty of people admit that. But BP lovers pretend he wasn't effective against Bama, he wasn't a truly great recruiter AT ARKANSAS (good not great), he had a other years beside the two year amazing run, and that he caused the firing himself.  Long wasn't running around in late March saying I wanna fire Bobby. Bobby made his own bed.

I'd love an offensive genius for a coach. But they're few and far between, especially when you want one that wants to coach Arkansas AND one that won't cause his own dismissal or run to the next job as soon as he finds it.

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 09:07:09 am »

I agree. There is no doubt in my mind that the Hogs would have won at least 8 regular season games in both 2012 and 2013 with BP as head coach.

It's easy to have no doubt when there's NO WAY to prove a 4-8 or 3-9 team would be magically better.  I think they'd have won more, but I doubt it would be 8. Either way Bobby could have stayed if HE had wanted to badly enough. 

wildhogman

• Senior
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:14 am »

Probably because football is the main revenue generator.
Wrong, alumi and boosters and jerry jones generate the revenue. Footbll does make a lot more then the lacrosse team. But don't think for one second football brings in 100% of the money.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2017, 09:44:14 am »

Wrong, alumi and boosters and jerry jones generate the revenue. Footbll does make a lot more then the lacrosse team. But don't think for one second football brings in 100% of the money.

I will stick to my guns...without a successful football program the alumni, boosters--and Jerry Jones--will stop donating the amounts of money it takes to fund all the other programs.

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Senior
  • Facts are stubborn things...
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2017, 09:44:31 am »

It's easy to have no doubt when there's NO WAY to prove a 4-8 or 3-9 team would be magically better.  I think they'd have won more, but I doubt it would be 8. Either way Bobby could have stayed if HE had wanted to badly enough.

I just remember Tyler being hit early and often, offensive line woes then too, kniles never got it going.  Also remember CBB saying something to the extent he expected more in the cupboard when he arrived.  However, CBP has won 8 or more every season since he left us...

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2017, 09:55:44 am »

Football doesn't generate 100% of the money and no one has said it does. However, it DOES generate the overwhelming majority of the money. Money wise, football has always been the Bell Cow for the U of A Athletic department as well as the Razorback Foundation and as a result, it gets more attention than any other sports program.

wildhogman

• Senior
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2017, 09:57:16 am »

I will stick to my guns...without a successful football program the alumni, boosters--and Jerry Jones--will stop donating the amounts of money it takes to fund all the other programs.
How were the facilities from 1990 till 1998? Were we improving them with big money donations even then? because I am fairly certain our record was pretty dismal with several losing seasons sprinkled in. Not trying to argue, just pointing out that big money made a lot of money on speculation. They see decades into the future as opposed to the average person who see's into tomorrow, and perhaps even day after tomorrow where money is concerned.

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2017, 11:16:26 am »

Anyone seen the Sunshine Pump over in the Wilsonhog Thread.  Seems the Sunshine Club's senior committee is holding a Gala at RRS today.  The question is how many pounds has the Hog Mascot gained over the past 12 months.  Whoever gets closest gets his money back on today's game ticket.  That's first prize.  2nd place gets 2 free tickets to any 2 remaining Hog games this season home or away.  3rd place gets 2 free tickets for all the remaining games for the remainder of this season.  In order to claim either 2nd or 3rd, you must agree to keep butts in those seats, either you or someone else for all tickets you have won. 

Al Boarland

• Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 11:29:36 am »

Perfectly logical that every year that passes by without meeting expectations draws one’s perspective closer to reality.

BallHog1

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2017, 11:56:02 am »

Poppycock.

In the 60's, 70's, and 80's, The Hog football team almost always finished the season ranked in the top 25.

Under Houston Nutt, the Hogs f9inished in the top 25 a few years.

Under Petrino, the hogs finished $12 in 2010 and #5 in 2011.

Saying we shouldn't be expected to get there is nonsense because we HAVE been there.

I'd take Bobby Petrino back in a New York Minute and I'm far from alone in that.
You know, I wish I had the thousand bucks I blew back. The thing is it's done and I'm not getting it back. I've decided I won't cry about it for the rest of my life and move on instead. You should consider that too.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas