• 382,854 Topics
• 21,411 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's the deal  (Read 1467 times)

GunnerHawg70

• Senior
  • IT'S GOOD TO BE A HAWG!!!
    • http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=3e29a62f78a6139c8d26f8ee3be1f639&action=dlattach;attach=101650;type=avatar
Re: Here's the deal
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2017, 10:06:14 am »

The D could not tackle a hot blond in High Heels crossing the street.
As much as I want to say you're wrong for that post - I can't.  Plus it was funny...lol ;D

Roaringboar

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2017, 10:14:19 am »

Well said Piggfoot.  One thing I have noticed on HV and various other Razorback social media outlets is how nasty and downright juvenile so-called Hog fans can be with their comments and posts.  Trust me I get the frustration shared by many wanting the boys to come out, put on a show and be competitive in games.  Problem is Arkansas football is the only game in town and doesn't have another P5 school or NFL team to take some of the heat off the boys.  Also people tend to forget these dudes are still kids and are supposed to be enjoying college life not feeling the pressure of an entire state looking down on them and the staff for losing a game.  Arkansas hasn't produced the HS talent in large numbers in some years to supplement the graduating seniors / transfers / injured players and out of state kids probably have other offers so there's your 50/50 ball if they come to Fayetteville or not. 

CBB should've had a better product in year 5 that I can agree on.  What the majority of folks are missing here is Arkansas was never gonna be in contention for the SECCG or Natty this season; this team was destined to go bowling at whatever level be it 6-6 or 8-4.  That was the glass ceiling for this season.

Alot of us knew we weren't going to be contending for a natty this season or going to Atlanta to fight for the SEC title, but we should be a 8-9 win team this season before the bowl game, and right now there is no reason to believe we will win more than 4, I don't see us winning but 3........We don't blame the kids, it's the coaches.....these kids are talented enough to get us at least back in to the SEC West top 3, but this year is going to see us finish 7th in the SEC west because we cannot compete because Bielema has failed as a head coach, this is why Wisconsin fans were thrilled to have him gone. I have a friend who's a huge Wisconsin fan who still laughs at us because "You guys thought he was going to get you a win over Alabama, you guys are just crazy. He couldn't even get us to the next level, why would he you guys?"

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2017, 10:27:48 am »

The overall record will be close to the same if this season isn’t a total collapse.

How about seeing what happens in the next 9 games?

Hogtimes

• Senior
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 10:47:17 am »

Yes it is CBB's fifth year and during that time Arkansas has not produced a D-Mac or a Matt Jones, or a Ryan Mallet. Additionally, notwithstanding Drew Morgan, neither has Arkansas produce the number of NFL quality recievers we enjoyed before Bielema. We've produced good players, just not the numbers.
Agim looks the part but by himself he can't replace Philon and Flowers together.

While we have not had the numbers of star quality Arkansas players, Coach Bielema has brought in better out of state players than we've seen before.

This year we have started over with our defense. We've hired a new Coordinator and installed a new scheme. Fans unrealistically have hoped this new scheme would magically improve our defense and I believe it will with time just don't expect it over night.
The boys have had to learn new assignments and in a way they are all first year players.

So while fans are disappointed, they have had ample venting time. You may say you direct your ire toward the coaching staff, but like your children when there is disharmony in the family the kids will take the brunt of it.

All you have to do is to look into the eyes of the kids and listen to their words when interviewed and see the pain they are feeling.
They know mistakes have been made and they feel badly about it They  are trying to improve. We need to support them and stop the mouthing.

Well pity...pity. These players are not kids, they are men.  Guys their age are dodging bullets and land mines and sleeping in tents in Afghanistan and other parts of the world fighting  for freedom. And we are suppose to look into the eyes of football players that are living the life of riley in opulent dorms with the best of everything and feel sorry for them.  Today's  athletes are  among the  the most coddled people the world has ever known.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:35:31 am by Hogtimes »

redleg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 03:54:56 pm »

What are we all going to do if Bielema is the coach in 2018 (which he will be) and the Hogs win 10 games in the regular season? Will we still want him fired, then? Or will we want him to stick around? I am curious to see what his offense does without a QB named Allen.
Just to clarify, I am not saying that is going to happen, I am just asking for curiosities sake.

KennyForAD

• Senior
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »

Is tĥis a ĵoke?  Year 5 and we have the worst line in football.  hello?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas