Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pitino, AD Put on Leave at Louisville.....

Started by moses_007, September 27, 2017, 01:52:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

moses_007

Wonder who's going to be Bobby Petrino's boss now?

Polecat

If the most trusted, upstanding high-profile employee at your school is named Bobby Petrino, you might have a problem
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

goodguytex

And with the AD being fired, per Bobby  Petrino contract, his buyout goes from over 8 million to over 4. Speculation is going around he may try to bolt from the dumpster fire that is Louisville. Maybe try to get back into the SEC.

The OTR

Pitino will be fine. He will go back into his coffin and go back home to Transylvania and drink bloody mary's at his castle for his remaining days.

moses_007

Quote from: Polecat on September 27, 2017, 02:03:00 pm
If the most trusted, upstanding high-profile employee at your school is named Bobby Petrino, you might have a problem

Maybe Bobby has turned over a new leaf.

phadedhawg

I always thought I hated "Slick Rick" but in hindsight, I miss him coaching at UK.  The current guy makes Pitino seem like an alright kinda dude. 

The issues at Louisville are breathtaking.  I haven't heard how much of it Pitino is directly responsible for but it's his ship and he's gotta go down with it.  Losing a figure like Rick Pitino isn't good for college basketball or maybe that's just nostalgia talking. 

I think he gets another shot somewhere else if he wants it.  Louisville, say goodbye to being relevant. 

gchamblee

Quote from: Polecat on September 27, 2017, 02:03:00 pm

i lol'd

moses_007

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 02:21:18 pm
I always thought I hated "Slick Rick" but in hindsight, I miss him coaching at UK.  The current guy makes Pitino seem like an alright kinda dude. 

Calipari is about as slimy as you can get.

gchamblee

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 27, 2017, 02:21:18 pm

The issues at Louisville are breathtaking.  I haven't heard how much of it Pitino is directly responsible for but it's his ship and he's gotta go down with it.  Losing a figure like Rick Pitino isn't good for college basketball or maybe that's just nostalgia talking. 

I think he gets another shot somewhere else if he wants it.  Louisville, say goodbye to being relevant.

He is done....

Sex Scandal involving giving money for an abortion
Sex scandal involving bringing strippers into the players dorms
FBI probe into fraud

At some point you can no longer claim "I didnt know anything about it"

Gonzo

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 02:35:28 pm
He is done....

FBI probe into fraud

Clearly setting himself up to run for office, was probably always the plan.

Go Hogs!

moses_007

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 02:35:28 pm
He is done....

FBI probe into fraud

Pitino and Joe Paterno must be somehow related.

gchamblee

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 02:38:36 pm

Paterno was unable to get another job after the scandal. Just sayin.

PorkSoda

Quote from: goodguytex on September 27, 2017, 02:08:29 pm
And with the AD being fired, per Bobby  Petrino contract, his buyout goes from over 8 million to over 4. Speculation is going around he may try to bolt from the dumpster fire that is Louisville. Maybe try to get back into the SEC.
hmmm....might be time for Long and Petrino to make up.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

moses_007

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 02:39:29 pm
Pitino-Paterno-Petrino.... all involved in sex scandals.

gchamblee

Razor1997

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 02:38:36 pm

Pitino, Petrino, Paterno... what is it about coaches named P_t_no and their scandals?

JohnnyJohn

Quote from: gchamblee on September 27, 2017, 02:39:29 pm

???

Yeah, he was 6 feet underground.  Can't seem to find that craigslist domain...

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Paterno got out easy to be honest.

He deserved much more hatred than he got on his way to hell.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

moses_007

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 27, 2017, 02:39:32 pm
hmmm....might be time for Long and Petrino to make up.
Long did admit he really liked Petrino a lot, thought he was doing a great job as our coach, and that it was a most difficult decision for him to have to make when he fired him.  I think they could mend their differences and work together again. 

Long could definitely bring integrity back to Louisville.

gchamblee

Quote from: JohnnyJohn on September 27, 2017, 02:44:36 pm
???

Yeah, he was 6 feet underground.  Can't seem to find that craigslist domain...

You missed the sarcasm, sorry.

grayhawg

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 02:46:34 pm
Long did admit he really liked Petrino a lot, thought he was doing a great job as our coach, and that it was a most difficult decision for him to have to make when he fired him.  I think they could mend their differences and work together again. 

And hopefully he does, SOON

PorkSoda

lol +1
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

moses_007

I think Finebaum is right... Bobby Petrino won't want to be a part of this dumpster fire at Louisville, so he'll leave at the end of this season.  I'd bet he has his agent looking at coaching jobs right now.

Our luck would be that Saban retires, and Alabama hires him.

BroyledNutts

Well played, Sir...

moses_007

Quote from: BroyledNutts on September 27, 2017, 03:07:39 pm
Well played, Sir...
If you guys remember, Long broke down and cried during his presser when he fired Petrino. He had tremendous respect for Petrino and his coaching ability... after all, our team had just finished the previous season ranked #5 IN THE NATION!

BroyledNutts

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 03:12:28 pm
If you guys remember, Long broke down and cried during his presser when he fired Petrino. He had tremendous respect for Petrino and his coaching ability... after all, our team had just finished the previous season ranked #5 IN THE NATION!

Cried all the way to the selection committee on the way to the bank....

LRHawg

razorsharptusk

Wonder if Kentucky basketball is sweating at the moment....  Wouldn't that be interesting.
GO HOGS!!

moses_007

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 27, 2017, 04:18:18 pm
Wonder if Kentucky basketball is sweating at the moment....  Wouldn't that be interesting.
Naw, Calipari probably has his Wildcats cheering the news in Lexington.

Danimal

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 03:03:37 pm
I think Finebaum is right... Bobby Petrino won't want to be a part of this dumpster fire at Louisville, so he'll leave at the end of this season.  I'd bet he has his agent looking at coaching jobs right now.

If he were to return to the SEC (west), I'd rather see him at Bama than anywhere else. It's not like we're gonna compete with them most any given year in the first place -- nothing lost, nothing gained.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 02:37:10 pm

Go Hogs!

As a Republican no doubt.

jvanhorn

Quote from: moses_007 on September 27, 2017, 03:03:37 pm

Saban isn't going to retire anytime soon.  This is his life.  All he knows.  And if he did you have to think Alabama would take a run at the HC at Clemson.

apcapri

Petrino to Tennessee after Butch gets canned.

GoHogs1091

A garbage athletics department that is a cesspool.  Jurich hired garbage, and this is what garbage leads to (a cesspool with a big stink).

When a new AD is hired there, the new AD will probably need to totally clean house. 

moses_007

Quote from: apcapri on September 27, 2017, 07:00:58 pm
Petrino to Tennessee after Butch gets canned.
I see him to A&M before Tennessee. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Gonzo on September 27, 2017, 02:37:10 pm

Go Hogs!

Ha that funny.  All of that is a just a fun weekend for Bill Clinton

moses_007

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 27, 2017, 07:03:41 pm
A garbage athletics department that is a cesspool.  Jurich hired garbage, and this is what garbage leads to (a cesspool with a big stink).

When a new AD is hired there, the new AD will probably need to totally clean house. 
Yeah, that's why Bobby Petrino will likely get out of Louisville.... a second time.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on September 27, 2017, 07:03:41 pm

That garbage athletic department that Jurich ran. Started in Conference USA. He moved it into the Big East and made it into a force in the ACC. He's been a great AD for Louisville.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 28, 2017, 06:13:04 am
That garbage athletic department that Jurich ran. Started in Conference USA. He moved it into the Big East and made it into a force in the ACC. He's been a great AD for Louisville.

By great, you mean fired over a federal investigation?

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: goodguytex on September 27, 2017, 02:08:29 pm

Bobby Petrino at LSwho is a scary thought. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

moses_007

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on September 28, 2017, 07:35:42 am
Bobby Petrino at LSwho is a scary thought. 
Petrino at any SEC West school is a scary thought. 

Calling All Hogs

PorkSoda

Quote from: moses_007 on September 28, 2017, 03:34:17 pm
Petrino at any SEC West school is a scary thought. 
but he aint good enough for Arkansas.

gchamblee

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 28, 2017, 04:03:48 pm
but he aint good enough for Arkansas.

I can only assume you just came out of a coma so I am going to do you a solid and give a very quick history lesson so that you don't make this mistake again. We actually hired him at Arkansas and he was our coach for 4 years. He was good enough for us. Now you may carry on.

hog of steele

Louisville should hire Long! He could bring the character their programs need.

Edit: has anybody checked to see if our buyout drops if Long is fired?

Hawghiggs

Quote from: gchamblee on September 28, 2017, 07:13:49 am
By great, you mean fired over a federal investigation?

For two decades he fought and maneuvered Louisville from a hardly heard of program. To a nationally admired and often envied program. We are only talking about Louisville. Because of what Jurich has made it into. So yes, Great AD.

gchamblee

Quote from: Hawghiggs on September 28, 2017, 04:06:53 pm
For two decades he fought and maneuvered Louisville from a hardly heard of program. To a nationally admired and often envied program. We are only talking about Louisville. Because of what Jurich has made it into. So yes, Great AD.

The way he did that was obviously a problem according to the FBI. I am not judging him, simply pointing out that there's more to the story.