• 389,026 Topics
• 22,020 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am an ORIGINAL DARKSIDER, HERE IS WHAT WE DO:  (Read 2988 times)

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
Re: I am an ORIGINAL DARKSIDER, HERE IS WHAT WE DO:
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2017, 12:04:55 am »

I harbor no ill feelings for CBB. It's not his fault that he was stupidly put in a bad position when he was hired and is in over his head.
Who wrote that personal letter to Jeff Long? Bielema did, because he wanted this job.  He wanted to coach in the SEC, and felt the Hogs would be perfect for him since he grew up on a hog farm.  Is it Bielema's fault for taking this job?  Sure it is.  The fact that he can't cut the mustard is no one's fault but his.

It's not Jeff Long's fault either.  Long felt that Bielema could get us to the top of the league here just like he had done at Wisconsin.  I guarantee you Long would never hired him had he known how Bielema would flop around in medriocrity and not know what he was doing.  It's clear we have a coach that can't put together a winning program without a mentor like Alvarez telling him what to do.

AP85

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Left Lane Ready.
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2017, 04:32:10 pm »

I turned down four free tickets.

That's how you initiate a change.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2017, 04:56:27 pm »

The only good thing that happened back then was when I got booted from Clay's board for posting Nutt's record

There was a lot of that going around.  Ah, good ol' Clay.  No one could toe the company line like he could.

Bebop

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2017, 05:11:08 pm »

Bielema took over a program at Wisconsin that was already built a certain way and all he had to do was keep it going and oversee the controls of the machine.  At Arkansas he attempted to undo what we were doing before he got here and make it like what he inherited before.  Turned out to be too tough a job for him.  The head coach of the Razorbacks has to be a dynamic leader that is willing to do a lot of the heavy lifting himself.  He can't be a CEO like Bielema has tried to be here and was at Wisconsin.

I believe this to be the case due to the fact that other coaches have come and gone at Wisconsin and Wisconsin hasn't missed a step. The unifying factor is Alavrez. That and Wisconsin is in the weaker division in the Big 10.

gchamblee

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2017, 08:11:28 am »

I believe this to be the case due to the fact that other coaches have come and gone at Wisconsin and Wisconsin hasn't missed a step. The unifying factor is Alavrez. That and Wisconsin is in the weaker division in the Big 10.

Only 2 coaches have come and only 1 has gone since CBB left. Andersen was run out of town and Chryst, a CBB disciple, is having success there.

Bebop

« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2017, 09:09:34 am »

Only 2 coaches have come and only 1 has gone since CBB left. Andersen was run out of town and Chryst, a CBB disciple, is having success there.

I didn't mean to make it sound like there was a rotating door of head coaches at Wisconsin. My bad. My point was that Wisconsin has had similar/same amount of success outside of Bielema being their coach.

In other words, Bielema didn't make Wisconsin, Wisconsin made him.

gchamblee

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2017, 09:57:25 am »

I didn't mean to make it sound like there was a rotating door of head coaches at Wisconsin. My bad. My point was that Wisconsin has had similar/same amount of success outside of Bielema being their coach.

In other words, Bielema didn't make Wisconsin, Wisconsin made him.

That's the part I am disagreeing with, respectfully. They have had 2 coaches and one was run out of town because he was messing it all up (where was the built in guaranteed success here?) and then Chryst, who does thing just like CBB, is having good success.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas