Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 16, 2024, 11:53:39 am

Pettway

Started by Rock City Razorback, September 26, 2017, 11:42:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock City Razorback

After starting the season opener and getting some solid PT and balls thrown his way, seemingly disappeared and isn't listed on depth chart for NM St game, even after JC injury. With Brandon Martin still out and adjusting, there isn't a big body receiver that could make those 50/50 plays since lacking in separation. Is he another that's in CBB's doghouse or does anyone have insight as to that situation? Could just be hasn't made the catches and most of opportunity, but coaches mentioned in preseason he really stepped up and he has a lot of talent...

IronHog

He's from South Arkansas
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

SemperHawg

Probably still working on being able to recite the 5 Edges from memory. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 11:43:19 am
He's from South Arkansas

This is absolutely a stupid thought.  Stop telling on yourself.

Pettway was passed on the depth chart because he wasn't catching the ball or getting open.  Go back and look at my post history on him, I was a huge fan of him while we recruited him, when we got him, and while he's been here.  However, the beginning of the year him and stewart have just let me down by not catching balls thrown their way. 

IronHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 26, 2017, 11:52:32 am
This is absolutely a stupid thought.  Stop telling on yourself.

Pettway was passed on the depth chart because he wasn't catching the ball or getting open.  Go back and look at my post history on him, I was a huge fan of him while we recruited him, when we got him, and while he's been here.  However, the beginning of the year him and stewart have just let me down by not catching balls thrown their way. 

If he was an engineering major from Springdale they'd throw him screens every series successful or not......

PorkRinds

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 11:55:07 am
If he was an engineering major from Springdale they'd throw him screens every series successful or not......

:puke: :puke:

onebadrubi

There is a really nice world outside of your dense bubble, you should get out of the delta and explore it.  You'd  be shocked to learn people aren't all out to get you and you aren't as good as you think you are.

hogsanity

you have got to be one of the people here playing a character. You really think that a players home town is why he is not playing? Really?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Next1_04

These are the days of our lives.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:13:05 pm
you have got to be one of the people here playing a character. You really think that a players home town is why he is not playing? Really?

I've watched kids from certain areas struggle under this staff for 5 years.....

BB needs to coach in the B1G or Big 12.  You can't win in Arkansas benching or running off your speed players.

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 12:24:45 pm
I've watched kids from certain areas struggle under this staff for 5 years.....

BB needs to coach in the B1G or Big 12.  You can't win in Arkansas benching or running off your speed players.

or maybe ar hs football players are not that good when they have to play with or against players who are from other states or even other areas of this state.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:29:28 pm
or maybe ar hs football players are not that good when they have to play with or against players who are from other states or even other areas of this state.

Nah.

You say BP was "lucky" to have that recruiting class but he got them on the field playing well.......retention and development

BB has similar or better physical talent from instate but runs them off or buries them on the depth chart.

hogsanity

Quote from: IronHog on September 26, 2017, 12:31:53 pm

Nah.

You say BP was "lucky" to have that recruiting class but he got them on the field playing well.......retention and development

BB has similar or better physical talent from instate but runs them off or buries them on the depth chart.

according to YOU they are better. But for some reason no one is paying you to evaluate them. There are some militias that you and delta could join. They seem to fit your attitudes pretty well.

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 12:36:16 pm
according to YOU they are better. But for some reason no one is paying you to evaluate them. There are some militias that you and delta could join. They seem to fit your attitudes pretty well.

According to you Pettway is 5-9 and runs 4.9 cause he's from Arkansas.....

Except  warren kids.  They were special somehow