Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU is putting it to Okie Lite

Started by Hogs49ers, September 23, 2017, 03:42:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs49ers

TCU's defense appears to be the real deal, holding Ok St to only 7 pts so far.  That loss may not be quite as bad as many of us thought at the time.
SCREW Vandy!

sowmonella

Scored on all 4 possessions to start the game. Up 20-7 in 2nd Q.  I thought OSU would blow em out at home.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hawgmasta

That loss may not be as bad as we thought. Then again CBB can't afford any losses.

jst01

Quality loss for hogs. Man with one or two plays against them and the ball bouncing a different way today, we are undefeated. Almost over that hump!

rtr

Patterson got them ready to play. Still a long way to go, though.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

porkrindjimmy

So? You got to be kidding me? In case you didn't realize, we lost a game today, again in a horrific car wreck fashion. Your hero was out coached again today...

Jeez....yay for TCU....

PRJ

Tusks

Not to knock the OP but I really don't care what other teams do.  It's more important what the hogs do.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HamSammich

You guys crucified me when I said TCU could be in the playoffs.

rtr

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:50:32 pm
I am still skeptical.  Patterson is good though.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

thebignasty

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:50:32 pm

Hey, that's just who you meant when you picked Texas!

Some of y'all have some pitiful victim complex going on.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

sowmonella

Quote from: tusked on September 23, 2017, 03:50:06 pm
Not to knock the OP but I really don't care what other teams do.  It's more important what the hogs do.
Ignore the thread then. The topic states whats in the post.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HamSammich

Quote from: thebignasty on September 23, 2017, 03:51:55 pm
Hey, that's just who you meant when you picked Texas!

Some of y'all have some pitiful victim complex going on.

The way Texas played USC vindicated me. Also .... trust me. I'm not sure I had the free capital to cover a bet that I shouldn't have taken if texas had won the natty. I'm happy
W

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: sowmonella on September 23, 2017, 03:52:14 pm
Ignore the thread then. The topic states whats in the post.

Get out of here with that common sense.  Some folks can't handle that you know

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Iwastherein1969

Are you trying to say we don't suck because we lost to A&M and TCU ?  I can remember the days we never lost to those two teams.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

ZERO

Me and a couple other guys were saying last week that TCU will win the Big 12 or come damn close. We lost to a really good team. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter anymore. Because we know exactly what kind of team A&M is. We know exactly what kind of team we are.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: HamSammich on September 23, 2017, 03:53:48 pm
The way Texas played USC vindicated me. Also .... trust me. I'm not sure I had the free capital to cover a bet that I shouldn't have taken if texas had won the natty. I'm happy
W

No it didn't.

Texas' offense was terrible. Their defense five game plan and execution was world class, but that won't last the whole season, hell, it didn't even last that entire game.

Bottom line is they lost to Maryland and then put up a good show against USC.

Your prediction was still moronic.
This is my non-signature signature.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

TCU was a quality loss. We'll get 7 wins and will be matched with a G5 conference school in a bowl. It'll be ok peeps.

sickboy

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 03:55:54 pm
Are you trying to say we don't suck because we lost to A&M and TCU ?  I can remember the days we never lost to those two teams.

Different world now.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: sickboy on September 23, 2017, 04:00:51 pm
Different world now.

Sad, but true. Everyone around us got better, and we're the same.

bigyellowdog

HamSammich

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on September 23, 2017, 03:58:38 pm
No it didn't.

Texas' offense was terrible. Their defense five game plan and execution was world class, but that won't last the whole season, hell, it didn't even last that entire game.

Bottom line is they lost to Maryland and then put up a good show against USC.

Your prediction was still moronic.

Lol haters will hate. Your ilk make me laugh

Iwastherein1969

Hoggish1

Quote from: sowmonella on September 23, 2017, 03:47:35 pm
Scored on all 4 possessions to start the game. Up 20-7 in 2nd Q.  I thought OSU would blow em out at home.

And why did you think that?  Because they were ranked in the top 10?  At this time of the year rankings for most of the top 25 are fairly meaningless.

When TCU blows them out will that convince you that Arkansas is better than the two losses they now have?

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Tusks

so is 37-31 'putting it to' okie lite ?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

wildhogman

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 23, 2017, 04:17:31 pm
Not really. Petrino didn't lose to Aggy.
And he didn't beat one sec team last year. Hint, he played two, look it up. He is a decent coach, but not god of football

Youngsta71701

Maybe we're not as bad as I and we thought we were. Still should have beaten Texas A&M though. Horrible gameplan on defense got us beat. They got a freshman QB. Bring pressure on him all day and rattle him.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 06:02:46 pm
Maybe we're not as bad as I and we thought we were. Still should have beaten Texas A&M though.

Doesn't matter how good we are, CBB will turn a game/season into a loss. It's what he does.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on September 23, 2017, 06:02:46 pm
Maybe we're not as bad as I and we thought we were. Still should have beaten Texas A&M though. Horrible gameplan on defense got us beat. They got a freshman QB. Bring pressure on him all day and rattle him.

One thing is for certain. TCU is better than most here thought.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on September 23, 2017, 06:04:17 pm
Doesn't matter how good we are, CBB will turn a game/season into a loss. It's what he does.
Yep. Always playing not to lose instead of attacking and playing to win.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on September 23, 2017, 06:05:08 pm
One thing is for certain. TCU is better than most here thought.
yeah, TCU occupies a lot of my day...I think of them quite a bit

Iwastherein1969

September 23, 2017, 06:11:44 pm #33 Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:45:54 pm by Iwastherein1969
Quote from: wildhogman on September 23, 2017, 06:02:39 pm
And he didn't beat one sec team last year. Hint, he played two, look it up. He is a decent coach, but not god of football
who said he was a "god of football"...I merely stated a fact...and you launch into a hyperbolic rage

TebowHater

toxichog

Strike Gundy off the list..........he lost to TCU on his home field........should be fired tomorrow........

Youngsta71701

Quote from: toxichog on September 23, 2017, 10:23:38 pm
Strike Gundy off the list..........he lost to TCU on his home field........should be fired tomorrow........
I know you're trying to be sarcastic but it's two total sides of the spectrum. His track record at Oklahoma State is much better than Beilema's track record at Arkansas.

maggiesue

Back in the day (70's and 80's), Arkansas could play with anyone because teams didn't put up 50 and 60 points like athletic spread teams do today.  Patterson came to TCU and built his program one brick at a time with a defensive philosophy.  We will struggle to ever be an upper echelon team, imho, regardless of the coach, unless we become a defensive focused team.  We cannot get the athletes other programs have on offense, but we can go get kids who play tough defense to want to come to the Hill if that is what we preach.  Go get Venables or Bud Foster and let's become nasty on defense.  It is absolutely a beat down to never have a defense that can stop the other team!

JOKERHOG

Quote from: maggiesue on September 23, 2017, 10:49:10 pm
Back in the day (70's and 80's), Arkansas could play with anyone because teams didn't put up 50 and 60 points like athletic spread teams do today.  Patterson came to TCU and built his program one brick at a time with a defensive philosophy.  We will struggle to ever be an upper echelon team, imho, regardless of the coach, unless we become a defensive focused team.  We cannot get the athletes other programs have on offense, but we can go get kids who play tough defense to want to come to the Hill if that is what we preach.  Go get Venables or Bud Foster and let's become nasty on defense.  It is absolutely a beat down to never have a defense that can stop the other team!

Was hoping for Patterson when Beleima fell out of the sky and killed our program.  He was supposed to be a defense first coach and tough in the trenches.  Hasn't turned out that way at all. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

twistitup

tcu has stability we can only dream about. It's not a revolving door of coaches - instead it's a solid group of coaches that that are confident in their philosophy and who develop players to fit their scheme.

...while our program lacks stability and a solid identity / philosophy
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogsolo

That's what happens when you are playing 22 seniors.  TCU is primed to have a good season if the QB doesn't melt down on them.   

twistitup

Quote from: IAMHogholio on September 24, 2017, 06:25:32 am
That's what happens when you are playing 22 seniors.  TCU is primed to have a good season if the QB doesn't melt down on them.   

CBB believes in a strong redshirt program, I thought you knew.

Year 5 with a strong redshirt program.....we should be LOADED
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....