• 382,514 Topics
• 21,390 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: What has caused the OL issues?  (Read 7720 times)

lakecityhog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: What has caused the OL issues?
« Reply #300 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:22 pm »

Muskee, I could maybe agree with you IF Wallace was seeing the field AT ALL. He went from a 10 game starter to at best #8??? Think about this, he isn't even on the punt or XP team!!

Are you seriously going to try to tell me that he has "regressed" to the point of not even making the XP line? There simply has to be something going on behind the curtain to explain that level of drop.

And the real truth is that the easiest fix for our O'Line problems don't even have to involve Wallace!!! Move Ragnow to RT, Gibson back to his natural position of RG and Rogers becomes the center. Rogers was the #32 center coming out of HS, oh wait! Don't tell me, we missed on him too, right???

Our O'Line problems are just like our Kickoff problems and our defense problems, all can be summed up with 1 word STUBBORNESS!!!!!  BB is too stubborn to admit that his decisions might be wrong and therefore he refuses to give Wallace a fair chance, actually try to kick the ball into the endzone and take more chances on defense by being more aggressive!!!

Letsroll1200

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #301 on: October 04, 2017, 09:17:35 pm »

None of us have inside information here aside from FOTH and he isn't likely to comment on this...too much class. It seems that some don't understand that some players evolve and develop at a higher rate than others. It's quite possible that the explanation is as simple as Wallace performed better last year than he is this year, but then that would spur all kinds of conspiracy theories that are likely, unfounded. How could that possibly happen? It just happens. It shouldn't, but it does nonetheless. Some players PRO-gress while others RE-gress. It happens.

Some lineman get the opportunity to play through their shortcomings (Froholdt, Clary and Ramirez) and others dont. Just happens. Uncommon

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

What's Shakin' Macon

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • My English Mastiff and #1 Hog fan, Maizy
Re: What is wrong with the OL?
« Reply #302 on: October 04, 2017, 11:24:23 pm »

I’ll stand in for Benny.  497 yards, ZERO sacks, and 42 points and there’s a crappy OL thread.  Brilliant.
It was NMSU and in your hurry to post stats, you didn't notice this thread was created a month ago. So yes, you exhibited a great deal of brilliance there as well.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2017, 05:26:49 am »

Muskee, I could maybe agree with you IF Wallace was seeing the field AT ALL. He went from a 10 game starter to at best #8??? Think about this, he isn't even on the punt or XP team!!

Are you seriously going to try to tell me that he has "regressed" to the point of not even making the XP line? There simply has to be something going on behind the curtain to explain that level of drop.

And the real truth is that the easiest fix for our O'Line problems don't even have to involve Wallace!!! Move Ragnow to RT, Gibson back to his natural position of RG and Rogers becomes the center. Rogers was the #32 center coming out of HS, oh wait! Don't tell me, we missed on him too, right???

Our O'Line problems are just like our Kickoff problems and our defense problems, all can be summed up with 1 word STUBBORNESS!!!!!  BB is too stubborn to admit that his decisions might be wrong and therefore he refuses to give Wallace a fair chance, actually try to kick the ball into the endzone and take more chances on defense by being more aggressive!!!

Well again, everything is just speculation and assumption unless you and I are given unlimited access to practice and staff and position meetings where we could see what is and isn't being accomplished.

Youngsta71701

• There's a God somewhere.
« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2017, 10:02:02 am »

I’ll stand in for Benny.  497 yards, ZERO sacks, and 42 points and there’s a crappy OL thread.  Brilliant.
Even though there we 0 sacks Austin still got blasted 8 times and knocked on his ass numerous other times. It all adds up my friend.

Youngsta71701

« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2017, 10:02:48 am »

Well again, everything is just speculation and assumption unless you and I are given unlimited access to practice and staff and position meetings where we could see what is and isn't being accomplished.
Maybe we need to hire an inside man ;)?

PolishPigPower

• As useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller...
« Reply #306 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:36 am »

I'm not an O-line expert and never played the position, but what stands out to me are the tight splits in the line.  HDN and MikeyMarkuson had gotten their O-line splits exceptionally tight toward the end of their time here.  Should lend a hand to the run game, but typically causes pass blocking to be more difficult.  The similarities are starting to show.

I think the issues start with coaching, and that we can't understate how problems on the O-line ripple thru the rest of the team.  It's amazing how an average QB can become an All-American when he has a day and a half to throw, and how an average RB becomes a Heisman candidate when holes get routinely blown open for him.  This will be the big off-season change, IMHO, which will help save CBB (at least for a year).

JaketheSnake

« Reply #307 on: October 05, 2017, 10:33:42 am »

I'm not an O-line expert and never played the position, but what stands out to me are the tight splits in the line.  HDN and MikeyMarkuson had gotten their O-line splits exceptionally tight toward the end of their time here.  Should lend a hand to the run game, but typically causes pass blocking to be more difficult.  The similarities are starting to show.

I think the issues start with coaching, and that we can't understate how problems on the O-line ripple thru the rest of the team.  It's amazing how an average QB can become an All-American when he has a day and a half to throw, and how an average RB becomes a Heisman candidate when holes get routinely blown open for him.  This will be the big off-season change, IMHO, which will help save CBB (at least for a year).
Tighter splits can actually help fornoaas pro bc the ol will have more help and the DL has less land to make moves without running into someone else.  Run blocking has a more difficult time with real right splits bc holes don't open as wide and did a shorter amount of time.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #308 on: October 05, 2017, 10:36:49 am »

Not retaining coaches is why we have the issues we have -

zebradynasty

• Varsity
« Reply #309 on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:25 am »

I'm not buying that Wallace can't understand or is too confused about the signals to play. OL are normally some of your smarter players on the team, at least that's been the case for Arkansas. Also, the OL is getting beat in more ways than just missed assignments. There is not much difference in getting beat by not knowing your assignments and getting beat with a speed rush every passing play.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #310 on: October 05, 2017, 06:00:59 pm »

Maybe we need to hire an inside man ;)?

FOTH is the closest we are going to get to that. I am pretty sure he hears about a lot of things from inside the team that he wisely chooses to not share on Hogville.

JaketheSnake

« Reply #311 on: October 05, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »

FOTH is the closest we are going to get to that. I am pretty sure he hears about a lot of things from inside the team that he wisely chooses to not share on Hogville.
Sadly, when he does choose to share it doesn't take very long for people to think they know more than him.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #312 on: October 06, 2017, 07:25:53 am »

We should look in the direction of strength, conditioning, and nutrition

We may find more than just the solution for the Oline, but for the TEAM

What's Shakin' Macon

« Reply #313 on: October 08, 2017, 01:26:41 am »

I always do.  Rather have the coaching staffs grades who know he assignments than the experts on the message boards.
Haven't seen them posted just yet.

Youngsta71701

« Reply #314 on: October 08, 2017, 08:20:03 am »

I always do.  Rather have the coaching staffs grades who know he assignments than the experts on the message boards.
A player can do the right assignment all he wants but it doesn’t matter if he’s getting destroyed, getting pushed 10 yards in the backfield, or his fundamentals are horrible. Do the grades take that into account?

Youngsta71701

« Reply #315 on: October 08, 2017, 08:23:49 am »

We need an inside man like Trey Biddy that doesn’t always bow down to the coaches. You know, one that doesn’t mind keeping it real and thinking for himself.

With that being said this offensive line will not be as good as it can be or reach its full potential until they put Brian Wallace back at Right Tackle. Period.

What's Shakin' Macon

« Reply #316 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:07 am »

We need an inside man like Trey Biddy that doesn’t always bow down to the coaches. You know, one that doesn’t mind keeping it real and thinking for himself.

With that being said this offensive line will not be as good as it can be or reach its full potential until they put Brian Wallace back at Right Tackle. Period.
Yep, FOTH is too biased. He thought all our OL problems were fixed b/c we didn't take a sack in the NMSU game.

That being said, while there is a lack of overall insight on the board, I think there are quite a few posters who know football really well here. Now basketball, on the hand... lol
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas