Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New name: 2019 PG Jahmius Ramsey is being recruited by Hogs ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 10, 2017, 11:00:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

September 10, 2017, 11:00:35 am Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:29:43 am by Kevin McPherson
Per source, Arkansas is involved with Jahmius Ramsey, a 6-4 PG at IMG Academy by way of Arlington, TX, via Helena-WHelena, AR ... he's composite Nat'l No. 78, a 4-star ... UA associate HC Melvin Watkins has been talking to him ... TA&M, K-State, UNLV, and Tulane are his reported offers ... played for San Antonio Hard Work on the Under Armour Association circuit in the spring/summer.

Just looking at highlights, this kid is talented, athletic, and physical/strong ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-HwXch7wGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a737U3hOos0

MakingPlays

Who hasn't TA&M offered?

Every time a name is brought up they've offered them.  I guess that's why they get so many people transferring and Kennedy's teams usual underachieves.  Seems like they don't care about fits or needs, they just offer anybody that's decent in their area and see how it pans out. 

batmanfan

Well if he has spent time in Ark that has to help...find it interesting we are going so hard after guards for '19 though.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

MakingPlays

Quote from: batmanfan on September 10, 2017, 12:05:54 pm
Well if he has spent time in Ark that has to help...find it interesting we are going so hard after guards for '19 though.

Same here.  We have no scholarships available for '19.  We've got 1 PG committed, and recruiting 2 more.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MakingPlays on September 10, 2017, 12:10:53 pm
Same here.  We have no scholarships available for '19.  We've got 1 PG committed, and recruiting 2 more.

Jalen Harris already here with three yrs eligibility left and Justice Hill on the way. Does the staff think Justice might go with football?

Kevin McPherson

September 10, 2017, 12:34:50 pm #5 Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:12:08 pm by Kevin McPherson
Quote from: MakingPlays on September 10, 2017, 12:10:53 pm

So much attention given to the '18 class (6 scholarships to give, 3 of which are off the board to in-state commits) and that '20 in-state class that many think could be the best ever in Arkansas ... that we sleep on the '19 class. Part of that is due to ZERO scholarships available as of now, but also I think the class is underrated in-state. Everyone knows about Justice Hill's early commitment to Arkansas (and he may re-class to 2018 at mid-term), but '19 Tim Ceaser (6-8 PF) and juco Javon Franklin (6-6 SF) are two very intriguing frontline prospects in that class who like the Hogs. Jahmius Ramsey is a big, strong combo guard (he's adamant he's a PG, but he can score the ball and has the size of a SG/wing) with ties to the state as well.

Hogs are going to have options if there is any attrition between now and this time next year when things will heat up as the '19 early signing period closes in.

Kevin McPherson

BTW, Jahmius Ramsey told me he has a "high level" of interest in the Hogs.

Razorod

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 10, 2017, 11:00:35 am
Per source, Arkansas is involved with Jahmius Ramsey, a 6-4 PG at IMG Academy by way of Arlington, TX, via Helena-WHelena, AR ... he's composite Nat'l No. 78, a 4-star ... UA associate HC Melvin Watkins has been talking to him ... TA&M, K-State, UNLV, and Tulane are his reported offers ... played for San Antonio Hard Work on the Under Armour Association circuit in the spring/summer.

Just looking at highlights, this kid is talented, athletic, and physical/strong ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-HwXch7wGg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a737U3hOos0

Very good looking player and looks to be a perfect fit for what Anderson likes to be able to do. I will be curious to see how many scholarships go out for the 2019 class.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

drester77

His dad was a helluva athlete at West Helena Central... Me and my brother Melvin Bradley( UofA Alum) both played with him... You will be hearing a lot about this kid this season....

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

batmanfan

On second thought this kid is around top 50-80 on these recruiting sites so if we have an Arkansas connection and an in then when you have a guy that highly thought of you got to go after him regardless of position.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

NWAHog479

If CJ Jones doesn't turn the corner this year and gets outplayed by the Freshman, maybe he will be a kid that transfers and opens up a scholarship. Just saying.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: drester77 on September 10, 2017, 05:08:31 pm
His dad was a helluva athlete at West Helena Central... Me and my brother Melvin Bradley( UofA Alum) both played with him... You will be hearing a lot about this kid this season....

I've had several folks reach out to me about his Dad and the family of hoopers from Helena-WHelena. He's cousins with Marquis Eaton (true freshman PG at Arkansas State, made my @ARHoopScoop All Arkansas High School team after helping lead Jonesboro to unbeaten season in '16-17) and Elauna Eaton (ESPN Nat'l No. 15 / 5* for c/0 2020, also plays at Jonesboro).

The Hogfather

Quote from: NWAHog479 on September 11, 2017, 08:59:20 am
If CJ Jones doesn't turn the corner this year and gets outplayed by the Freshman, maybe he will be a kid that transfers and opens up a scholarship. Just saying.

He's one that I'm expecting a big leap from.  What makes you think it is even a possibility for this to happen?  By all accounts, he was very impressive in the trip overseas and was very good in the sparse minutes he received as a freshman last season (47% FGs, 50% 3s).  I will be very surprised if he doesn't play well and play a lot this upcoming season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 11, 2017, 09:28:26 am
He's one that I'm expecting a big leap from.  What makes you think it is even a possibility for this to happen?  By all accounts, he was very impressive in the trip overseas and was very good in the sparse minutes he received as a freshman last season (47% FGs, 50% 3s).  I will be very surprised if he doesn't play well and play a lot this upcoming season.

Of course it's a possibility.

I think what he said was very reasonable. IF Jones gets outplayed by Hall and Garland, I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer out. I don't think anyone is actually saying to look for that to happen, but that it could if that's the way it plays out. It's definitely in the range out outcomes.

mhuff

Would help if Hill was interested in playing college FB and was offered by the Hogs.  This is if he was allowed to play BB. Has that happened while CMA has been here? 

Not sure how 2019 recruiting is going to work. May have a lineup of all PG's.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 11, 2017, 11:18:59 am
Of course it's a possibility.

I think what he said was very reasonable. IF Jones gets outplayed by Hall and Garland, I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer out. I don't think anyone is actually saying to look for that to happen, but that it could if that's the way it plays out. It's definitely in the range out outcomes.

Well, anything's possible, but I think it is highly doubtful.

rzrbackramsfan

CMA is on a serious amount of talent right now!!! Hopefully he can real two of these top 100 players home.

The Hogfather

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on September 11, 2017, 09:30:32 pm
CMA is on a serious amount of talent right now!!! Hopefully he can real two of these top 100 players home.

For reel!