• 382,744 Topics
• 21,397 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: AState message board seriously humiliating itself over Miami cancellation...  (Read 2361 times)

Seminole Indian

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: AState message board seriously humiliating itself over Miami cancellation...
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2017, 10:21:46 am »

Think Memphis is in the same boat.

It is my understanding that their AD requested their conference look into a 13th game next year but was not optimistic. Not sure Miami would go for that..

Miami's AD said while their OOC schedule was complete for a couple of years they would probably reschedule the game later if A-State wanted to.

Not sure if A-State is still trying to add a game this year, but they have an open date in Nov  and there might be a few FCS available for that date, as well as Memphis.

GolfNut57

Re: AState message board seriously humiliating itself over Miami cancellation...
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »

Think Memphis is in the same boat.

It is my understanding that their AD requested their conference look into a 13th game next year but was not optimistic. Not sure Miami would go for that..

Miami's AD said while their OOC schedule was complete for a couple of years they would probably reschedule the game later if A-State wanted to.

Not sure if A-State is still trying to add a game this year, but they have an open date in Nov  and there might be a few FCS available for that date, as well as Memphis.

It would probably be better for all concerned if the two schools forgot about making up the game down the road and for Miami to just go ahead and pay the $650K to end the deal. Should they play I could see a lot of cheap shots being taken by both teams. Might set a new NCAA record for PFs and ejections.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Seminole Indian

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2017, 03:57:47 pm »

I never thought of that.

Rudy Baylor

• Bench Warmer
  • Hans Blix is very angry with Jeff Long & CBB
« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2017, 05:49:56 pm »

You think jonesboro tech fans reacted poorly to this?

Go find their response to Coach Broyles death.

There are also a couple of them who went after and made fun of Canaan Sandy a few years back on twitter.

jonesboro tech fans are classless, trashy, pieces of filth.

correct

very sad

http://scout.com/college/arkansas-state/Board/105452/Contents/Frank-Broyles-106130623

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2017, 04:47:20 am »

Miami players will not return to campus until Monday.  Meaning they will have gone almost two weeks without practicing, meeting with coaches or having a workout facility. Will be interesting to see if there is a lag in conditioning and team cohesiveness the first game back.

I guess them not traveling to Jonesboro was a very smart decision in hindsight.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas