Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just something to tuck away for future reference . . .

Started by WizardofhOgZ, September 01, 2017, 02:15:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

You know what might be fun, at some point down the road?  Have Hammonds at Wildcat QB, with Hayden also in the backfield at RB.  They could do a series of radar options off of that set.

What would we call such an offense?

Why . . . that would be our "H2-O", of course!

:D

TebowHater

Can Hammonds play QB? If so, this honestly might be the first time where we really have the depth and contrasting style of players to be successful at Wildcat since the 2007 days. Would be fun to see all those guys out there at once. Every back who touched the ball last night seemed to be a playmaker, and even those who didn't touch it (FBs) looked impressive.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: TebowHater on September 01, 2017, 03:25:22 pm
Can Hammonds play QB? If so, this honestly might be the first time where we really have the depth and contrasting style of players to be successful at Wildcat since the 2007 days. Would be fun to see all those guys out there at once. Every back who touched the ball last night seemed to be a playmaker, and even those who didn't touch it (FBs) looked impressive.

Dunno, to be honest.  But we're not talking about winging the ball downfield so much as running a little option.  One of the two H's is probably capable of handing that role.

Don't get me wrong - nothing wrong with our current offense.  I'm not trying to scrap our offense in favor of the wishbone, or anything. 

But this might be a nice little package for special situations.  I like seeing defenses have to make split-second decisions on which lightning bolt to defend.  One false step and you've created a running lane for a home run threat. 

That's what made the original wildcat with DMac and Felix so potent.  I'm not comparing the H's to those two in absolute terms; but they do have a similar type of excitement to them when they touch the ball in space.

hawgfan4life

I don't know if Hammonds was hurt a little still and they used him limited, but they really need to figure out how to use him better.  They wasted him most of last year as a 4th string TB and they have him at a 4th string TB/3rd String WR/only get the ball on plays in the game type plays.  Two or three touches on limited plays is not good use of his ability.  Maybe he isn't getting it done mentally, attitude wise, etc., and I support limited play until he does.  However, if there are no reasons other than they haven't figured out how to use him, then WHY NOT!  Hammonds is a highlight waiting to happen.  More so than Chase. 

010HogFan

Quote from: hawgfan4life on September 01, 2017, 04:34:10 pm
I don't know if Hammonds was hurt a little still and they used him limited, but they really need to figure out how to use him better.  They wasted him most of last year as a 4th string TB and they have him at a 4th string TB/3rd String WR/only get the ball on plays in the game type plays.  Two or three touches on limited plays is not good use of his ability.  Maybe he isn't getting it done mentally, attitude wise, etc., and I support limited play until he does.  However, if there are no reasons other than they haven't figured out how to use him, then WHY NOT!  Hammonds is a highlight waiting to happen.  More so than Chase. 

I harped on and on about this a few months ago and I pray to God they have found a way to work him in better than they did last year.