• 382,584 Topics
• 21,395 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Predictions  (Read 5939 times)

rzrbackramsfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
Re: Season Predictions
« Reply #150 on: September 23, 2017, 01:30:38 pm »

I was talking about the tough inside bangers and Corey Beck-like rugged guards that the top teams have that helps them advance past the first couple of rounds in the tourney. We need to toughen up some inside. I'm hoping Gafford, Hall, and Osabuohien can help in this regard.

But we made it to the second round of the NCAA and could've gone so.m much farther if not for the refs without, apparently, those players you described?

TheRazorback500

• Hogvillian
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2017, 03:32:45 pm »

But we made it to the second round of the NCAA and could've gone so.m much farther if not for the refs without, apparently, those players you described?
UNC wasn't particularly tough inside last year. I agree about the refs, though. We have quite a history with SEC officials.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Big Nasty 34

• Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2017, 09:33:59 am »

Hoping for more, but NIT or bubble is the best I can see with this team. We don't have enough "men" yet.

Basketball, especially at the college level has turned into a guards game. We should have 2 of the best guards in the conference in Barford and Macon. The new guys bring much-needed length and athleticism that should make for improved defense and rebounding. We may struggle a little early on with guys finding roles, but I bet we'll be just fine. Honestly, get to 20 wins with our schedule and we should be in the tourney.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas