• 382,436 Topics
• 21,386 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodell says we have to understand  (Read 343 times)

grayhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
Goodell says we have to understand
« on: August 17, 2017, 09:45:24 am »

The other side kneeling for the national anthem.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roger-goodell-understand-other-side-144021713.html
 It won't make an impact but he needs to understand as well, I also don't have to buy from companies that sponsor NFL games, will cancel the NFL channel on my cable and just watch College football. I don't need that bunch of cry babies from the NFL on my TV screen.

Grag T

• Hogvillian
  • My neighbor's dog just ate my pizza...
Re: Goodell says we have to understand
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 12:04:36 pm »

Goodell needs to understand that sometimes I take a dump twice in the morning before work.  Not just once.  It may be dietary, or just strange variations in metabolism, I'm not sure.  But Goodell really needs to understand that.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

pigture perfect

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 09:01:11 pm »

I didn't watch much of the NFL last year as my way to thumb my nose at the league. I will probably do the same this year.

vandybuff

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 08:56:51 am »

I am happy to understand and appreciate Mr. Goodell caring enough to inform me.  And since I have not watched nfl in thirty years, the impact upon me is minimal.

Torqued pork

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 05:46:29 am »

I hope the NFL self-destructs. Let's see the spoiled dumbasses do without their six-figure rides and seven-figure homes and join us in the real world.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:56:37 am by Torqued pork »

holeinthewall

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:40 am »

I hope the NFL self-destructs. Let's see the spoiled dumbasses do without their six-figure rides and seven-figure homes and join us in the real world.

I don't want it to self destruct I want to see these players take a huge drop in pay. I will not be renewing my NFL ticket for this year.  About the only way I can do anything.

vandybuff

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 07:25:04 am »

i do not wish ill upon them ... nfl is identical to every other television and radio offering:  entertainment.  And the market always decides.

HiggiePiggy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hope...
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 08:09:23 pm »

I don't want it to self destruct I want to see these players take a huge drop in pay. I will not be renewing my NFL ticket for this year.  About the only way I can do anything.

When the owners are making billions the players will be well paid as long as money continues to come in.  I can't hate on their pay because that is the market. 

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:12:44 am »

When the owners are making billions the players will be well paid as long as money continues to come in.  I can't hate on their pay because that is the market.

It is two fold season tickets are going to mostly brokers. When they continue to lose money the tickets will become less valuable. When advertisers back away from stadiums and fans quit buying memorabilia and other things associated with revenue stream and the networks drop their bids for TV rights the owners have to cut their budgets somewhere.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 03:07:24 pm »

It is two fold season tickets are going to mostly brokers. When they continue to lose money the tickets will become less valuable. When advertisers back away from stadiums and fans quit buying memorabilia and other things associated with revenue stream and the networks drop their bids for TV rights the owners have to cut their budgets somewhere.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193420/regular-season-attendance-in-the-nfl-since-2006/

I think you mean "if" not 'when". More people are going to NFL games than ever before. If you check out the revenue, not only does it continue to increase, but the growth is accelerating. TV viewership took a very, very small drop in 2016 while tv revenue continued to climb. Whatever the NFL is doing, the other major sports would be wise to try and follow suite.

kodiakisland

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 01:34:36 am »

The players are employees of the company that Goodell is the CEO of.  If he allows his employees to run off customers, well, it's his company.  It will either survive or it won't.  My money will go to companies I want to spend money with.  My interest level in the NFL has gone down significantly the last few years, and so has my spending.  Got rid of the NFL channel 2 years ago and haven't missed it once.  It's been two yrs since I've gone to a NFL game and doubt I'll go to another any time soon.

It's a business that can be run any way they want it to be.  Even into the ground.

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 09:11:53 am »

More people are going to NFL games than ever before

Based on ticket sales or people in the stands? Because a lot of stadiums after week 1 or 2 look half empty. At some point ticket brokers will quit buying 100's of seats to resell when they aren't making a profit. 

Grag T

• Hogvillian
  • My neighbor's dog just ate my pizza...
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 02:43:59 pm »

grayhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2017, 03:16:29 pm »

When they can no longer get sponsors, they can't pay the bills. BOYCOTT ALL NFL SPONSORS is the way to get their attention.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2017, 06:00:58 pm »

Based on ticket sales or people in the stands? Because a lot of stadiums after week 1 or 2 look half empty. At some point ticket brokers will quit buying 100's of seats to resell when they aren't making a profit.

Based on total attendance at regular season games.

As for the playoffs and superbowl, no other sport in the US can come close to per game viewership.

Further, check out the profitability of NFL teams and again, they dwarf other sports teams in the country.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas