• 382,950 Topics
• 21,414 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humes from Harding to Kentucky in softball. Still failing at recruiting.  (Read 931 times)

bigpigpimpin

• All-American Hogvillian

I don't know what it's going to take. If you look at all the talent that has gone elsewhere the past several years out of our state, we could at least be competitive in the SEC instead of morbidly bad. We have had kids go to Alabama,  kentucky, oregon, etc....and the kicker is that Arkansas didn't go after them hard. It's mind numbing.

razorjack

• Band Nerd

You may want to go to another board as this one is for women's sports.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HOG FANATIC

• Bench Warmer

You might want to research who Autumn Humes is before you chastise someone.  She had a great career at Bald Knob and a great freshman year at Harding University.

psycHOGlogist

• Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.

Lol. Personally, I will wait until she throws a single meaningful DI pitch before I wring my I hands over our recruiting. So in demand that she signed with Harding out of high school.  Hope she has a nice career at KY except for when she plays Arkansas.

Also, it's hard to take your complaints seriously when the recruits you're griping about would have been recruited by the former staff.

bigpigpimpin

It's no secret the former staff failed miserably at recruiting. Hence the 1-23 sec record his last year, and the 1-23 sec record the next year.This kid was offered by several large schools, including oklahoma, the national champions
but chose to stay close to home. If you had seen her pitch then you would know that she was the real deal. Shes better than anyone they have on roster on the hill.

The point is not just this player. It's year after year that Arkansas can't land it's top in state talent. 9-64 in the SEC the past 3 seasons there is obviously either a recruiting problem or a talent evaluation problem.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:42:02 am by bigpigpimpin »

MrKlem10

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

No disrespect but the  D2 GAC is not the D1 SEC.  Let her throw a pitch before you start calling this a miss by Arkansas.

MoHog74

• Bench Warmer

Time will tell on whether AR missed out here or not.  No disrespect to our team, but maybe she wanted to play for the 7th place conference finisher in 2017, instead of the 12th place  finisher.

wps1

• Band Nerd

Arkansas did recruit Humes, along with several other power 5 schools. Of course, the Razorbacks did not offer her as much financial support, per usual with many of the in-state recruits. In the end, she visited Mississippi State, Arkansas, Oklahoma State, and Kentucky. She also considered using her 5th visit to attend LSU at one point, as well. It is my understanding that the other schools offered Humes a full-ride, but that did not come directly from her.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:16:36 pm by wps1 »

greenwood1

• Varsity

I believe she has played her last game at Harding and will be pitching for either Ole Miss or Okie State next year.

wps1

• Band Nerd

Humes has already announced that she is going to Kentucky.

http://www.gobigbluecountry.com/harding-university-transfer-autumn-humes-commits-kentucky-softball/

I have no doubts that she will be successful. Autumn is a high-character individual and has an exceptional work-ethic. She will do very well at Kentucky.

nwahogfan1

I don't know what it's going to take. If you look at all the talent that has gone elsewhere the past several years out of our state, we could at least be competitive in the SEC instead of morbidly bad. We have had kids go to Alabama,  kentucky, oregon, etc....and the kicker is that Arkansas didn't go after them hard. It's mind numbing.

Did we offer?  How much scholarship money could we offer?  Did Kentucky offer more money and a better chance to play sooner.  Lots of questions to ask ourselves.

NWASBFan

• Walk-On

I think it's irrelevant at this point to talk about shoulda/woulda/coulda recruiting from the Larabee years and start fresh with what Deifel has been doing. She's only been there two seasons and don't forget has had to honor Larabee offers. I think she's going in the right direction now however and, as AR improves, the recruiting will be much easier for her. It's difficult to sell the school to players when we're in last place. This year was extremely heartening and I think it'll only get better.

psycHOGlogist

• Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.

I think it's irrelevant at this point to talk about shoulda/woulda/coulda recruiting from the Larabee years and start fresh with what Deifel has been doing. She's only been there two seasons and don't forget has had to honor Larabee offers. I think she's going in the right direction now however and, as AR improves, the recruiting will be much easier for her. It's difficult to sell the school to players when we're in last place. This year was extremely heartening and I think it'll only get better.

A+ -- great first post!

jackflash

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian

she from Arkansas I wish her  well where she goes
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas