Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Frank Broyles and his loved ones...

Started by MrKlem10, July 19, 2017, 03:11:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrKlem10

Someone on Twitter just broke that he is in hospice care...

Sivad

Very sad. Coach Broyles built that big red Razorback up on the hill and all over the state.

SoCal Hog

So very sorry to hear that. Prayers for him and family.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

gchamblee

I am not finding anything on this anywhere. Is there some confirmation?

rljjr

Quote from: MrKlem10 on July 19, 2017, 03:11:02 pm
Someone on Twitter just broke that he is in hospice care...

Can you post the tweet, please?

EastexHawg

If true this is terribly sad news no matter how advanced in age he is.  Coach Broyles is the embodiment of Razorback athletics.  He built the programs, he built the facilities, he built the fan base, and he brought about massive changes to the college football landscape nationwide when he moved Arkansas to the SEC.  I met him at my football banquet when I was 16 years old and thought he was larger than life.  He still is. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 19, 2017, 04:15:49 pm
If true this is terribly sad news no matter how advanced in age he is.  Coach Broyles is the embodiment of Razorback athletics.  He built the programs, he built the facilities, he built the fan base, and he brought about massive changes to the college football landscape nationwide when he moved Arkansas to the SEC.  I met him at my football banquet when I was 16 years old and thought he was larger than life.  He still is.

Spot on. Prayers for Coach.

Porked Tongue

It's been pretty bad for awhile.  Has had a stream of visitors in recent weeks.

East TN HAWG

There were things that Broyles did especially towards the end of his tenure that I did not agree with him, but he deserves more credit for all his accomplishments.  AR would not be a top 25 all-time football and basketball programs and without Broyles.  He built Razorback sports.   

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Tusks

He was SEC all conference in football, basketball and baseball.

Prayers to him and his family.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ZERO

Most living Arkansas fans don't know of a life without Frank Broyles attached the the Hogs in some way. It'll be a truly dividing moment in Hog history when he does pass. Given his age and declining health in recent years, I've been expecting it for awhile. Hopefully he can make a recovery here and get another few years.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

sowmonella

July 19, 2017, 05:34:29 pm #16 Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:06:15 pm by sowmonella
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Contrary to internet rumors, legendary former Arkansas Razorbacks athletic director and football coach Frank Broyles is at home in Fayetteville and not in a hospice care facility, his granddaughter told SEC Country on Wednesday afternoon.

Broyles' granddaughter, Molly Arnold, said that the family had been inundated with phone calls and messages since a Reddit thread and a Twitter post indicated the 92-year old had been placed in a hospice facility.

The truth, Arnold said, is that Broyles recently had a stroke and is on hospice, not in hospice — a seemingly minor but very important distinction.

"That little word makes a big difference," Arnold said. "When you go into hospice, you're talking very little life expectancy left. You're in a facility. That is end of life.

"But you can sign up for hospice and they can come to your house for six months. Sometimes people will graduate off of hospice. This is more quality of life management."

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

goodguytex

Prayers for him. He may still have some years left in him. If he does or doesn't, he still needs prayer.

Hawgphish

Pig Trail Nation just reported that he is NOT in hospice.  He is in good spirits and resting comfortably. 

WilsonHog

I remember watching the last game he coached, against Texas, on TV when I was 13. Hard to believe that was 41 years ago.

Poker_hog

Quote from: sowmonella on July 19, 2017, 05:34:29 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — Contrary to internet rumors, legendary former Arkansas Razorbacks athletic director and football coach Frank Broyles is at home in Fayetteville and not in a hospice care facility, his granddaughter told SEC Country on Wednesday afternoon.

Broyles' granddaughter, Molly Arnold, said that the family had been inundated with phone calls and messages since a Reddit thread and a Twitter post indicated the 92-year old had been placed in a hospice facility.

The truth, Arnold said, is that Broyles recently had a stroke and is on hospice, not in hospice — a seemingly minor but very important distinction.

"That little word makes a big difference," Arnold said. "When you go into hospice, you're talking very little life expectancy left. You're in a facility. That is end of life.

"But you can sign up for hospice and they can come to your house for six months. Sometimes people will graduate off of hospice. This is more quality of life management."

I don't think you can get "on hospice" unless a Dr says you likely have 6 months or less to live.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

GuvHog

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 19, 2017, 07:38:43 pm
I don't think you can get "on hospice" unless a Dr says you likely have 6 months or less to live.

My mother had been on Hospice for 2 years when she passed away in April here at home.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Bacons Rebellion

I remember people saying Broyles would go back and coach Georgia Tech pretty soon.

Tejano Jawg

Prayers for Coach Broyles...and his recovery. THE legend of the University of Arkansas.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Porkette

GO HOGS GO!

Athog

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 19, 2017, 07:38:43 pm

Not so!

Cinco de Hogo

Prayers for Coach Broyles.
Both my in-laws died at home while on hospice.  If that's what you want and you have a family member willing to take care of you it's so much better than being in hospice.

rtr

This is sad news.  Thoughts and prayers with Coach Broyles and his family.  He will always be the Head Hog.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

younghog

Prayers for him, his family and Razorback Nation
GO HOGS

Poker_hog

Quote from: Athog on July 20, 2017, 06:02:21 am
Not so!

http://www.allcare.org/hospice/frequently-asked-hospice-questions/

"How does someone qualify for Hospice?
Patients must meet two qualifications for Hospice:
Two physicians, the attending physician and the hospice medical director, must certify the patient is terminally ill, with a six-month or less life expectancy if the disease takes its normal course.
The patient and/or family must be aware of the prognosis and elect palliative or comfort care, rather than active curative measures."
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

searkhogfan

He's at home & hospice comes in to assist him & his family.  He hasn't been well in a while.  The family could use your prayers. 

jgphillips3

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 20, 2017, 09:58:51 am

Two physicians, the attending physician and the hospice medical director, must certify the patient is terminally ill, with a six-month or less life expectancy if the disease takes its normal course.
The patient and/or family must be aware of the prognosis and elect palliative or comfort care, rather than active curative measures."

That is to be "in" hospice.  Hospice home care is not the same.  That is the missing distinction.

ricepig

Quote from: jgphillips3 on July 20, 2017, 11:31:16 am
That is to be "in" hospice.  Hospice home care is not the same.  That is the missing distinction.

Hospice care, is hospice care.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Poker_hog on July 20, 2017, 09:58:51 am

This is only if Medicare or other insurance is covering the cost.  Anyone can have hospice care if they pay for it.

Porked Tongue

prattville pig

Life's too short to last long.