• 382,600 Topics
• 21,396 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best airline  (Read 355 times)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Best airline
« on: June 20, 2017, 11:40:21 am »

So skytrax came out with their best airline survey and no surprise that a US based airline didn't make the top 0 but didn't even make the top 20 and didn't even make one of the top 30! The highest rated US airline is Delta at #32. THAT is sad and is telling as to what is wrong in corporate America.The top airline in the world ranking this year is Qatar airlines. When traveling overseas it is sad but not surprising that it is better to fly via a foreign airline than one based in the US. I know my son travels to asian countries a lot (he has an office in Taiwan) and he never flies a US airline over there or back and forth from the US to that area. Most of the time he flies EVA which is ranked #6.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:33:42 am by Inhogswetrust »

theFlyingHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The hottie comes back when CMN is head Hog!
Re: Best airline
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 06:55:38 pm »

Qatar has the highest GDP per capita by a fair margin. They probably do not have passengers in yoga pants and flip flops. Also, many of these higher rated airlines hire flight attendants(and other service providers) from countries with a much better service attitude. Now, a US airline could up their game and be extravagant and pay their people top dollar and have great employees but the airline would fold before it landed the first plane. People here are cost-conscious enough that those very expensive tickets would never sell

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:27:27 am »

Qatar has the highest GDP per capita by a fair margin. They probably do not have passengers in yoga pants and flip flops. Also, many of these higher rated airlines hire flight attendants(and other service providers) from countries with a much better service attitude. Now, a US airline could up their game and be extravagant and pay their people top dollar and have great employees but the airline would fold before it landed the first plane. People here are cost-conscious enough that those very expensive tickets would never sell

One reason my son flies EVA is due to great service. He flies it so much pilots and flight attendants know him. He left something on their plane one time and when he went to get on a flight again weeks later they had saved it for him! No way that happens on a US based carrier. Another is they are no more expensive to fly on where he flies too most often than US and other countries carriers. Just because others have a more "service oriented" attitude doesn't make them always that much more expensive. Yes it does sometimes have to do with where one is flying too though. Don't assume that all the people flying on Qatar are rich Qatar citizens either. Besides the airline industry unions for US based carriers DO pay good money. Some of the foreign based ones do not pay any better than US based one's and even less and still have much better service.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 09:36:22 am by Inhogswetrust »

sevenof400

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 10:57:47 am »

I was surprised to see Southwest Airlines ranked so low. 

By the way, click here for Skytrax Airline Reviews.

husker71

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 11:14:37 am »

I am going to Asia in the next 3 weeks and am thinking about using Eva this time (this will be my last trip to Asia because I am staying this time)

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 12:20:11 pm »

Off the top of my head, air New Zealand, air Australia, Alaska airlines, and Iceland air. Alaska airlines is really good. Are they not based in the US? Are they too small a company to register since they aren't international?

oldhawg

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 02:01:54 pm »

Off the top of my head, air New Zealand, air Australia, Alaska airlines, and Iceland air. Alaska airlines is really good. Are they not based in the US? Are they too small a company to register since they aren't international?

Alaska Airlines does fly to Mexico, Costa Rica, and Cuba.

majestic

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »

This now makes 4 consecutive trips that we've had luggage broken. The first three were via American Airlines and they paid for the suitcase. This time was with United. We'll see what they do. Otherwise, I can't really complain. It was a (thankfully) uneventful series of flights. We actually took off on time and landed early each time. Which was great since we had a 30 minute window to connect on the way out.

The TSA has to be repealed/replaced, though. Just a complete bunch of barely literate thugs.

sevenof400

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 08:52:41 am »

This now makes 4 consecutive trips that we've had luggage broken. The first three were via American Airlines and they paid for the suitcase. This time was with United. We'll see what they do. Otherwise, I can't really complain. It was a (thankfully) uneventful series of flights. We actually took off on time and landed early each time. Which was great since we had a 30 minute window to connect on the way out.

The TSA has to be repealed/replaced, though. Just a complete bunch of barely literate thugs.

What did the TSA do to earn your anger? 

pigture perfect

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 09:29:22 am »

I prefer Emerates over Qatar. The crew had obviously been going awhile. I walked past the first attendant and my eyes started watering. I thought, wow! She needs to freshen up a little. Walked by the next and thought the same thing. I didn't even bother to eat. The smell was terrible. Emerates on the way back was much nicer.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 02:20:30 pm »

He must have wanted a pat down and didn't get it....................
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:52:47 pm by Inhogswetrust »

majestic

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 06:13:45 pm »

Just complete a-holes to everyone. I didn't have anything done to me or my family, but they treated everyone with complete disdain.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 10:15:56 am »

Just complete a-holes to everyone. I didn't have anything done to me or my family, but they treated everyone with complete disdain.

I've never had a problem with them. Also IF you travel a lot you can apply and get a "precheck" pass to bypass TSA to some degree and not have to wait in line either. Our son has it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas