• 388,912 Topics
• 22,012 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best flourocarbon line  (Read 540 times)

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
Best flourocarbon line
« on: June 06, 2017, 06:57:56 pm »

Hey guys.  What is the best type/brand of fluorocarbon fishing line?  Just wanting something for really clear water that is easy to cast. 

BroyledNutts

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Best flourocarbon line
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 09:40:36 pm »

P-Line CX Premium is what I turn to … all the benefits of a co-polymer - low stretch, superior knot strength, superior abrasion resistance - with the added benefits of a Fluorocarbon coating for limiting water absorption, lowering line friction, and very low memory. Comes in 3 different colors for added flexibility. Only noted drawback is that P-Line, whether Fluoro, co-poly, or the CX, doesn't show up well under black light night fishing conditions.

For a 100% Fluorocarbon line, you might give P-Line's Tactical Fluorocarbon a try…my 2 cents...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 04:53:39 pm »

P-Line CX Premium is what I turn to … all the benefits of a co-polymer - low stretch, superior knot strength, superior abrasion resistance - with the added benefits of a Fluorocarbon coating for limiting water absorption, lowering line friction, and very low memory. Comes in 3 different colors for added flexibility. Only noted drawback is that P-Line, whether Fluoro, co-poly, or the CX, doesn't show up well under black light night fishing conditions.

For a 100% Fluorocarbon line, you might give P-Line's Tactical Fluorocarbon a try…my 2 cents...
You talked me into it.  Had some Bass Pro rewards money so I ordered some.  We'll see what's up. 

BroyledNutts

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 08:45:11 pm »

You talked me into it.  Had some Bass Pro rewards money so I ordered some.  We'll see what's up. 

Hope it works well for you and you're happy with it.

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:13 am »

Hope it works well for you and you're happy with it.
Well, you are right so far.  I really like how thin this stuff is and how limp it is.  Casts very smoothly.  We'll see how it holds up but so far it looks like my new line.  Even cheaper than Trilene.

BTW, you don't work for P-Line, do you?

BroyledNutts

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 03:22:18 am »

Well, you are right so far.  I really like how thin this stuff is and how limp it is.  Casts very smoothly.  We'll see how it holds up but so far it looks like my new line.  Even cheaper than Trilene.

BTW, you don't work for P-Line, do you?

I wish I did ... They just get a lot of my $$$ during fishing season … and I'm a creature of habit. Fishing's tough enough without having to worry about equipment on top of everything else. I've fished for so long I've tried everything out there twice, and once I find something that really works I don't waiver from it unless I have to … Falcon rods, Shimano bait casters, Pfleuger spinning reels, P-line. These things perform for me without issue, so there's no need for me to constantly experiment with gear.

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 07:58:56 pm »

I wish I did ... They just get a lot of my $$$ during fishing season … and I'm a creature of habit. Fishing's tough enough without having to worry about equipment on top of everything else. I've fished for so long I've tried everything out there twice, and once I find something that really works I don't waiver from it unless I have to … Falcon rods, Shimano bait casters, Pfleuger spinning reels, P-line. These things perform for me without issue, so there's no need for me to constantly experiment with gear.
I'm with you on the Pfeuger spinning reels but I use Fenwick rods.

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 06:47:18 am »

I'm with you on the Pfeuger spinning reels but I use Fenwick rods.
I refuse to spend high dollar on rods.  Been using Berkley Lightning Rod for years.  $40 bucks and work great.  Baitcast reel of choice is Daiwa.

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 12:11:35 pm »

I refuse to spend high dollar on rods.  Been using Berkley Lightning Rod for years.  $40 bucks and work great.  Baitcast reel of choice is Daiwa.
I use Lightening Rodz for trolling. They are good rods.  You can get a Fenwick Eagle rod for about $60 and the feel is night and day different.  I can feel everything going on with the bait. They are great rods for the price.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Married way....way...way....up.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 12:43:27 pm »

Berkley Big Game 50 for kitties and striper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas