• 382,422 Topics
• 21,385 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer  (Read 3766 times)

Rock City Razorback

• Senior
  • Gotta love that helmet!
Re: Transfer
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2017, 03:24:23 pm »

It is exactly what I said it is. The only time people care about a player leaving is if they think that player means more wins for the team if he stays. No one cared when Wagner, Jenkins, Babb or even Whitt left because they did not see those guys translating into more wins for the team if they stayed. But people were willing to offer up their 1st born to try to get Portis, Qualls, and now Barford and Macon to stay because the team is undoubtedly better with those players than without.

I'll say it, I hope both Barford and Macon come back because it means more wins, period. I have no idea if coming back will translate into a better pro career, if they will get their degrees, etc.

Fair point, but even so, you have to admit there's a vast difference between a walk-on situation and the former. You're hammering people and pushing for an argument for wanting players to stay on the team that they root in a forum for on a message board for that team...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is there a problem here?
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2017, 03:50:26 pm »

. You're hammering people and pushing for an argument for wanting players to stay on the team

For wanting only certain players to stay.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Rock City Razorback

• Senior
  • Gotta love that helmet!
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2017, 04:03:26 pm »

For wanting only certain players to stay.

Exactly. You're getting angry because fans want their team to have the best players it can! It's a competition, they're trying to win. Of course I'm going to root for a Hog players regardless, but if he's not getting it done, then bottom line, maybe it's time for a change of scenery. If you had a chance to upgrade from Lavar Ball to Lebron, you're going to take that opportunity.

Hogginintheville

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »

I wonder how much he is getting in scholarship. Don't get me wrong even a half scholarship can help greatly but no D2 athletes get a full athletic   

SONofHAM

• Senior
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2017, 08:06:14 pm »

It is exactly what I said it is. The only time people care about a player leaving is if they think that player means more wins for the team if he stays. No one cared when Wagner, Jenkins, Babb or even Whitt left because they did not see those guys translating into more wins for the team if they stayed. But people were willing to offer up their 1st born to try to get Portis, Qualls, and now Barford and Macon to stay because the team is undoubtedly better with those players than without.

I'll say it, I hope both Barford and Macon come back because it means more wins, period. I have no idea if coming back will translate into a better pro career, if they will get their degrees, etc.
what a stupid post

reddawg213

• Band Nerd
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2017, 08:14:40 pm »

I wonder how much he is getting in scholarship. Don't get me wrong even a half scholarship can help greatly but no D2 athletes get a full athletic

According to a family source, yes, he is getting a full scholarship. At DII level, they are allowed 10 full basketball scholarships but they are allowed to give them out as partials up to the 10 full scholarships level.  They are called equivalency scholarships. While most schools give out only partials, they can give out full scholarships if they feel the recruit is worth it.

Big Nasty 34

• Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2017, 07:44:44 am »

According to a family source, yes, he is getting a full scholarship. At DII level, they are allowed 10 full basketball scholarships but they are allowed to give them out as partials up to the 10 full scholarships level.  They are called equivalency scholarships. While most schools give out only partials, they can give out full scholarships if they feel the recruit is worth it.
And, if RJ is as good in the classroom as it appears, he probably got plenty of academic money to fill any non basketball scholarship he might get.

nwahogfan1

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2017, 11:52:31 am »

This was probable expected.  I just wish he would have gone to UAFS.  We are losing a couple of great guards and need a scorer.

Good luck to him and I do not blame him for not playing for free.  College is too darn expensive.

nwahogfan1

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2017, 12:01:31 pm »

I do not think this is true.  I would guess most D2 basketball teams have their top 10 players are on full rides.     Now if you were talking Baseball scholarships then I think your right but not basketball.    Again I am guessing but I think D2's have 12 or 13 scholarships to give out and that is plenty so maybe your bottom 2 or 3 kids are sharing scholarships but that is all.

azhog10

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2017, 12:19:14 pm »

I do not think this is true.  I would guess most D2 basketball teams have their top 10 players are on full rides.     Now if you were talking Baseball scholarships then I think your right but not basketball.    Again I am guessing but I think D2's have 12 or 13 scholarships to give out and that is plenty so maybe your bottom 2 or 3 kids are sharing scholarships but that is all.
I can guarantee you very few, if any, have their top 10 on full rides. I was apart of a D2 team and we had one or two guys on full rides. The rest were full tuition not room and board, then some got room and board but had to cover half or all tuition. IT was a mix bag and very few got a full ride.

reddawg213

• Band Nerd
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2017, 12:34:43 pm »

This was probable expected.  I just wish he would have gone to UAFS.  We are losing a couple of great guards and need a scorer.

Good luck to him and I do not blame him for not playing for free.  College is too darn expensive.

Yeah, last time I talk to his dad ( a couple weeks ago maybe) UAFS offered him a full ride as well, but Tech, he felt was a better fit culturally. ATU had a lot of D1 transfers on the team last year so I think the team understood his situation better and, according to dad, RJ really took to the coach there so that's what I think moved him to ATU. But, he was looking hard at UAFS as well. Both are close to home and his family is very close knit.

TheRazorback500

• Hogvillian
  • It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2017, 07:29:56 pm »

Congrats to him. ATU's a good school.

:razorback:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas