• 388,855 Topics
• 22,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extra skin left over after weight loss  (Read 326 times)

GolfNut57

• All-American Hogvillian
Extra skin left over after weight loss
« on: April 24, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »

So.......since I have lost all this weight I now have a LOT of skin left over on my stomach area that just hangs like loose folds on a sheet. (I look like one of those dogs that have all that loose skin  :( ) While I am loving the fact that I have lost all the weight I am now faced with the issue with the excess skin. So my question is.......will it eventually disappear as I keep losing weight, or will it just start being drawn back into normal shape with the skins elasticity by doing stomach exercises, or will I have to resort to surgery to have the excess skin taken off?

The Chief

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Re: Extra skin left over after weight loss
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 04:01:58 pm »

I'm no doc, but there are a lot of factors at play:  age, amount of stretch in your skin previous to weight loss, skin type, nutrition, genetics, collagen, etc.

If you have lost, say 150ish pounds or so (maybe even as low as 80 pounds, just a guess) skin surgery may be your only recourse.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GolfNut57

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Extra skin left over after weight loss
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:48:59 pm »

I'm no doc, but there are a lot of factors at play:  age, amount of stretch in your skin previous to weight loss, skin type, nutrition, genetics, collagen, etc.

If you have lost, say 150ish pounds or so (maybe even as low as 80 pounds, just a guess) skin surgery may be your only recourse.

As of last night I was up to 97 lbs lost for the goal I set of 100 lbs last June.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas