• 385,658 Topics
• 21,602 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Benintendi  (Read 20210 times)

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
Re: Benintendi
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2017, 10:55:15 pm »

Me too, and as a fan on the outside, I had no idea of some of the problems you mentioned.  I guess it truly is universal that every fanbase starts moving the goalposts (or foul pole) once their team starts winning! 

I remember when people were pissed here at Arkansas when Petrino was winning 10-11 games a year, but were questioning things because we could not ever beat Bama.  Oh how things have changed...

Expectations are a funny thing.

Yes - they are.

southarkhog06

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2017, 01:57:42 am »

I get what you're saying and I don't disagree.
But there's also some problems in Beantown between the fans and the team / which is probably concerning to management.
I was reading an article the other day that "the fans" do not like this team. And if changes aren't made next year you could see a Fenway with 18,000 fans in the seats.
Most of the dissention apparently surrounds David Price and it's believed he's a negative influence on the rest of the team.

Here's another article on the subject.
http://www.masslive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/10/red_sox_fans_struggle_to_like.html
I can't truly argue with you there, They have Sale and Price on the same team both guys aren't known for being great team guys. I will say that Sox fans from Boston aren't known for being great fans either, and Drama is not a new thing for the Organization, that is kind of what I am getting at, the roster changes every year but the drama doesn't.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TexArkHogFan

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2017, 10:39:07 am »

They fired the manager but he was only part of the problem.  The starting pitchers started failing and the hitters quit hitting.  My question is just what does a hitting coach do to justify his existence?  When the whole team can't hit something is wrong.  Benny did have what most consider an excellent rookie season but even he said he could do better.  The other young hitters had worse year than the one before, Betts,
Bradley, Bogaerts.  Pedroria had an off year due to injuries, Ramirez had a terrible year.  I am surprised they won their divison.  Hope the new manager brings in new hitting and pitching coach.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2017, 11:37:01 am »

They fired the manager but he was only part of the problem.  The starting pitchers started failing and the hitters quit hitting.  My question is just what does a hitting coach do to justify his existence?  When the whole team can't hit something is wrong.  Benny did have what most consider an excellent rookie season but even he said he could do better.  The other young hitters had worse year than the one before, Betts,
Bradley, Bogaerts.  Pedroria had an off year due to injuries, Ramirez had a terrible year.  I am surprised they won their divison.  Hope the new manager brings in new hitting and pitching coach.

I think the firing of the manager had as much to do with the handling of the Price / Eckersley spat as the early play off exit. They did win the AL East. But the fans for the most part have sided with Eckersley - think Price is an overpaid spoiled brat. And neither Price nor Farrell did anything to smooth it over or apologize.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas