• 388,987 Topics
• 22,018 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silencers  (Read 431 times)

FORTVEGAS

• Varsity
  • JMLFS???
Silencers
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »

Anyone have any experience with silencers? I have been looking into getting one but have been holding back waiting to see if they will drop the tax on them. Anyone have any insight?

kodiakisland

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Silencers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:15:38 pm »

I've got two in tax limbo. Bought in august.  I'm hoping to have them by may.  I wouldn't hold my breath about them being removed from NFA.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 08:42:57 am »

They are becoming more accepted and they are great for outdoor ranges that are trying to reduce noise complaints.

supersaint

• Senior
  • Son, you gotta DIP AND RIP!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 10:55:15 pm »

I have ten total with one more pending.  It's an addictive habit.

GolfNut57

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 11:08:05 pm »

Isn't it true that silencers loses their muffling ability after a certain number of shots? And if so how many shots does it take until it happens? 2. I have always read that using a silencer reduces its accuracy after a certain distance. If so how far can you shoot with one and still be accurate enough to hit the bulls eye?

theFlyingHog

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 12:28:21 pm »

Isn't it true that silencers loses their muffling ability after a certain number of shots? And if so how many shots does it take until it happens? 2. I have always read that using a silencer reduces its accuracy after a certain distance. If so how far can you shoot with one and still be accurate enough to hit the bulls eye?
I do not know but I'll go out on a limb and say that it probably depends somewhat on the quality of the suppressor.

kodiakisland

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 04:18:56 pm »

Well, I suppose if you get one hot enough or use it on a cartridge it wasn't designed for, then yeah, you could wear it out.  Not likely though unless you were trying to damage it.  As far as accuracy, silencers usually have no affect or increase accuracy.  I've never seen one actually decrease accuracy of a gun, although I'm sure it can happen.  They are commonly used on precision rifles.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas