Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FINAL @Mississippi State 88 LSU 76

Started by jbcarol, March 04, 2017, 07:18:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

March 04, 2017, 07:18:53 am Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 08:00:56 am by jbcarol
 Sheldon Mickles‏Verified account @MicklesAdvocate Mar 2

This sleepless night was a good one for #LSU coach Johnny Jones after ending streak http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_8b96a890-ff94-11e6-ace3-3b6af8fbef23.html ...

QuoteEven though it had been a while, Johnny Jones was able to smile Wednesday night.

He was even able to laugh more than once.

Nearing the end of a longer-than-usual post-game news conference after LSU's skid-busting win against Tennessee, basketball sports information director Kent Lowe asked if there was anything else for Jones.

The coach interrupted with a laugh before suggesting that he wasn't ready to leave just yet.

Not after beating Tennessee 92-82, which was LSU's first victory in 56 days and first win on its home floor since before Christmas.

To be sure, the smiles prevalent in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center after the game and on Thursday at the practice facility couldn't mask all the painful losses.

Still, Jones said it was better than the alternative: which would have meant piling another loss onto a school-record 15 consecutive setbacks.

"It was good, but I'm telling you waking up to a victory was good," Jones said Thursday. "Going to sleep, finally, was exciting because it's been a long time. So, you know the difference.

"I've had a lot of sleepless nights, and last night was one of them. But it was more on the good side than having setbacks."

With the streak finally stopped, they realized that it was one game — nothing more, nothing less.

"We understood that it was just one," said guard Jalyn Patterson, who had a career-high 22 points. "We still have another game (Saturday at Mississippi State) and the SEC tournament coming up."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net