Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas primed to build on 2018 recruiting class

Started by jbcarol, February 09, 2017, 06:27:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/829390651590660096

QuoteFurther helping the Hogs' chances at landing a stellar class in 2018 are their two current commits. Greenwood (Ark.) High School quarterback Connor Noland and Lovejoy High School (Lucas, Texas) linebacker Bumper Pool — both 4-star prospects — have turned into recruiters since committing.

"There's a potential there," Noland recently told SEC Country. "The stars are lining up, hopefully. There's definitely an opportunity for us to get up in the top 10 (nationally) for recruiting."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

FraggleHog

Just gotta keep adding pieces... Seems like YOY, the pieces become higher quality. Don't remember when we've gotten so many blue chip LB's and DB's
Calling the Hogs from DFW

COCHISE

UT's recent struggles getting top in-state recruits and New Orleans area coaches not being pleased with LSU at the moment may help.

Bubba's Bruisers

I expect there will be an incremental improvement from 2017 to 2018.  Maybe we finish closer to #20.  Step by step, brick by brick.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

theshiva

What's the scoop on Noland now?

When he first committed, it was thought that there would be a really good chance he would go pro in baseball instead. Since then he's probably been one of our best recruiters (including the coaches) has that changed?

Also, last class it filled up really early. With the blue-shirts, we have less slots available this year, so are we going to be more selective?

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

SamBuckhart

Quote from: COCHISE on February 09, 2017, 10:14:41 am
UT's recent struggles getting top in-state recruits and New Orleans area coaches not being pleased with LSU at the moment may help.
Agree with indian brother Haha. Love to watch these problems.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: COCHISE on February 09, 2017, 10:14:41 am
While one can always hope on the LSU front, IMO the current squabble down there will turn out to be much to do about nothing. In the end the tiggers will pretty much sign and instate four and five star recruits they want. In the meantime I hope Michael Smith and company can make even more progress than in years past.

HardingHog

Another interesting point about 2018 class is that we only have 13 scholarship seniors, so our ranking (barring us getting a record # of studs) may be hurt by us having a smaller signing class

ricepig

Quote from: HardingHog on February 09, 2017, 07:19:12 pm
Another interesting point about 2018 class is that we only have 13 scholarship seniors, so our ranking (barring us getting a record # of studs) may be hurt by us having a smaller signing class

We'll sign 19-21, there's already room for another 1 or 2 in this incoming class, look for a DL grad transfer, maybe a LB transfer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on February 09, 2017, 07:38:19 pm
We'll sign 19-21, there's already room for another 1 or 2 in this incoming class, look for a DL grad transfer, maybe a LB transfer.

So are you implying you have some inside information, or is this speculation?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

redleg

There have already been a couple of players leave, which opens up scholies for 2018. You can be sure that there will be others who transfer/quit/are kicked off the team and will open up more scholies...we just gotta hope that it's backups or scout teamers, and not guys from the two-deep.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: redleg on February 14, 2017, 08:27:17 am
There have already been a couple of players leave, which opens up scholies for 2018. You can be sure that there will be others who transfer/quit/are kicked off the team and will open up more scholies...we just gotta hope that it's backups or scout teamers, and not guys from the two-deep.
:razorback:

Off subject of recruiting sorry but..  Redleg - I have a poster similiar to your icon pic in my catch all closet upstairs.  This is the first time I've seen something similiar to it anywhere else.  They may be common and I've just never seen it before.  I don't even remember when I picked it up.  It's signed Larrieu - '74 with thanks to a couple folks hidden in the grass.  Google searches came up with nothing when I looked.  I'm just curious over where you found that.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/832246717546369025

QuoteBishop McGuinness High School (Oklahoma City) 2018 offensive line Owen Condon hasn't narrowed down his list of college choices yet.

"It's three hours away from where I live, so it's far enough away but not too far," Condon recently told SEC Country regarding Arkansas' appeal.

"It's in the SEC and a great program that is known for great offensive linemen. They've got one going to the combine this year (Dan Skipper) and that's always awesome. Coach (Kurt) Anderson, coach (Bret) Bielema are both awesome. I really like the whole staff. I enjoyed my visited when I was out there. I'm really high on them right now."

Slimac4

Quote from: HardingHog on February 09, 2017, 07:19:12 pm

Pretty sure your ranking goes off your top 20 commits so we'll be alright

jbcarol

jbcarol

island hog

The Conroe area is loaded with top D-1 level players. If we're making in roads into that neck of the woods, that's a very good sign

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Big_Saucy_/status/832625861798924288

Biscuit shy of 350 out of Hutchinson CC

http://247sports.com/Player/Tayland-Humphrey-82809

JuCo Football Forer
‏@JuCoFootballACE

Tayland Humphrey @Big_Saucy_  @ Hutch JuCo @bluedragonsport picks up @RazorbackFB Offer

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/832994958294544385

Quote"He's just got that personality," [Army's current head coach Jeff] Monken said. "People want to be around that guy. They want to play hard for that guy. They want to be part of the organization that guy belongs to.

"His personality, his professionalism, his passion for coaching and teaching ... all of that comes across very genuinely and almost immediately. It's an attractive quality.

"People are gonna want to go to Arkansas because John Scott is coaching there."

jbcarol

jbcarol

Razorbackers

Quote from: jbcarol on February 17, 2017, 12:58:59 pm
https://twitter.com/Big_Saucy_/status/832625861798924288

Biscuit shy of 350 out of Hutchinson CC

http://247sports.com/Player/Tayland-Humphrey-82809

JuCo Football Forer
‏@JuCoFootballACE

Tayland Humphrey @Big_Saucy_  @ Hutch JuCo @bluedragonsport picks up @RazorbackFB Offer

Can we talk about his amazing twitter handle? Big Saucy haha

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/836230681302818817

Lists "top targets on the offensive front that have recently expressed a high mutual interest in Arkansas"

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Suggestion for the mods:
Could we make this a new thread and call it SEC COUNTRY RECRUITING THREAD?

Polecat

Best part of the pic with Pool and Noland is that all four appear to be the same height
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Trey1981

I really enjoy the SEC Country content. It's great to have an additional source of info.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

gmarv

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol