Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taylor Powell to Mizzou

Started by Potosihog, January 23, 2017, 07:53:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theshiva

Fayetteville High is going rogue to other SEC schools. At least we got Dre.

ImHogginIt

Awesome for him. Hope he does well against everyone but the Hogs  :razorback:

factchecker

Quote from: theshiva on January 23, 2017, 08:02:10 pm

Maybe we aren't offering Fayetteville kids anymore because the coaches saw how bad fans treat them.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cubbie08

Quote from: factchecker on January 23, 2017, 08:15:20 pm
Maybe we aren't offering Fayetteville kids anymore because the coaches saw how bad fans treat them.

SMH

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Cubbie08

Quote from: factchecker on January 23, 2017, 08:35:48 pm
I left off the sarcasm tag.  ;)

Some will think that's the reason though.

factchecker

Quote from: Cubbie08 on January 23, 2017, 08:39:20 pm
Some will think that's the reason though.

It's Hogville.  There will be 100 conspiracy theories about this by tomorrow.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

theshiva

Quote from: factchecker on January 23, 2017, 08:42:11 pm
It's Hogville.  There will be 100 conspiracy theories about this by tomorrow.

I'm thinking Russians.

JayHog

PorkRinds

Quote from: theshiva on January 23, 2017, 08:02:10 pm

He didn't have an offer from us.

HardingHog

https://twitter.com/taylorwpowell/status/823347264089366528

Haha wow! Offered at 7:50pm on the 22nd

Announces decommitment and commitment to Mizzou on 6:50pm on the 23rd

It must really suck to be Wake Forest. Loses Powell to a team who offered 23 hours previously and they got shunned by Robb Smith

ImHogginIt

Quote from: HardingHog on January 23, 2017, 09:14:15 pm
https://twitter.com/taylorwpowell/status/823347264089366528

Haha wow! Offered at 7:50pm on the 22nd

Announces decommitment and commitment to Mizzou on 6:50pm on the 23rd

It must really suck to be Wake Forest. Loses Powell to a team who offered 23 hours previously and they got shunned by Robb Smith

I actually like Mizzou. They are the red headed step child of the East like we are of the West. I root for them against everyone but us.

I'm also a huge Cardinal Fan !

buldozer

Well when you get down to it, this kid went to HS just a few miles from the MO state line, so if the razorbacks will not offer, he may as well go somewhere close so his folks can at least attend his home games. This sounds like a very good decision for him and he will also have some other Arkansas teammates that CBB didn't want to offer. Like MO's leading rusher.....

gchamblee

Quote from: buldozer on January 24, 2017, 12:21:41 am
Well when you get down to it, this kid went to HS just a few miles from the MO state line, so if the razorbacks will not offer, he may as well go somewhere close so his folks can at least attend his home games. This sounds like a very good decision for him and he will also have some other Arkansas teammates that CBB didn't want to offer. Like MO's leading rusher.....

which one of our top running backs would you dismiss to recruit their leading rusher genius?

Potosihog

Quote from: buldozer on January 24, 2017, 12:21:41 am

This was my thought too.  BTW I don't think we should have offered Crocket instead of the ones we have.  I do think he could turn into a beast as MO's primary rusher this year.  Timing is everything in recruiting and sometimes the numbers just don't line up.  As far as Powell, I wish him and MO well except when they play us.

Arthur pigby sellers.

Good for him.
unfortunately unless the situation at QB is dire, you can only take one QB per year. Ours is already on campus and his highlights were pretty darn impressive.

Richard Davenport

Taylor will flourish in the Mizzou offense. He has the it factor. Good arm, very good football IQ and good mobility.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 24, 2017, 02:48:05 pm
Taylor will flourish in the Mizzou offense. He has the it factor. Good arm, very good football IQ and good mobility.
Great kid who will thrive in a hurry up system offense. Extremely accurate passer who can pressure the defense horizontally. Will do well at Mizzou. All the best!

Beardog

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 24, 2017, 05:22:40 pm
Great kid who will thrive in a hurry up system offense. Extremely accurate passer who can pressure the defense horizontally. Will do well at Mizzou. All the best!

I think he'll do great at Mizzou, just like I think he would've been great here.  I get it, they pick one QB a year.  I believe in what Bret is building, but if he ever get's fired, that'll be the first thing I'll come back to.  Players from Arkansas playing somewhere else in the SEC.  Mostly because he talked about building a wall to keep the best athletes here.  Hyatt will be good for us and this is no disrespect to him, I just hope Powell doesn't throw a game winning fade route in the final seconds.

Is it me or is there a ton of late offers coming to lighter recruited Arkansas players?

lefty08

Quote from: Beardog on January 24, 2017, 08:22:16 pm

I think he'll do great at Mizzou, just like I think he would've been great here.  I get it, they pick one QB a year.  I believe in what Bret is building, but if he ever get's fired, that'll be the first thing I'll come back to.  Players from Arkansas playing somewhere else in the SEC.  Mostly because he talked about building a wall to keep the best athletes here.  Hyatt will be good for us and this is no disrespect to him, I just hope Powell doesn't throw a game winning fade route in the final seconds.

Is it me or is there a ton of late offers coming to lighter recruited Arkansas players?

Yep, others are scrambling, Arkansas hasn't had to this year
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Beardog on January 24, 2017, 08:22:16 pm

I think that any team is going to take the best player that they can get that best fits not only the scheme of their program, but the culture of their program. Sometimes, the best player in the eyes of the staff that fits that criteria may not be from the state in which the school is located. And, I think that you will probably see that occur more often when the state in which the school is located, doesn't produce as many P-5 level players as the other schools in their conference produce within their own states.
Go Hogs Go!

mizzouman

Mizzou offered a 2* QB, Estes, out of East STL who committed.  This was to try to lure his best friend to Mizzou, 4* WR Jeff Thomas.  Thomas eliminated Mizzou early because good friend Greg Taylor and former East St. Louis player, did not get much playing time and eventually left the team this year and basically ripped the coaching staff to threads on Twitter.

Estes decommitted once he knew Thomas wasn't going to Mizzou.  They were going to play together.  However, Estes is now a Minnesota commit and Thomas isn't going there.  So, this was never going to work.

Anyway, Powell was always on the radar and was offered to replace Estes. 

I think the coaching staff at Mizzou has learned it's lesson about offering a kid just to get a stud player.