• 382,587 Topics
• 21,395 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dallas Cowboys 1996-2016 21 seasons of playoff futility.  (Read 581 times)

rzrbkman

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Dallas Cowboys 1996-2016 21 seasons of playoff futility.
« on: January 16, 2017, 12:43:36 pm »

21 straight seasons of no Super Bowl appearances.

19 different NFL teams have made at least 1 appearance during that time.

Only made playoffs 9 times in those 21 seasons

3-9 playoff record

Hogman2

• Hogvillian
Re: Dallas Cowboys 1996-2016 21 seasons of playoff futility.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 01:02:31 pm »

Some idiot owner FIRED Jimmy JOhnson or we may have had 3-4 more Super Bowl wins! WE will NOT WIN with this LOSER Garrett who Jimmy Johnson said should NOT HAVE BEEN THE HEAD COACH! WE can have Dak and Elliott for 10 years but without a legitimate head coach we will NEVER WIN A Super Bowl!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

AloRaptor

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 01:09:44 pm »

They had a pretty strong team this year and still couldn't get over the hump. :razorback:

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 03:22:55 pm »

Good.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:32:13 pm »

Not as long as it has been for the Chiefs to win a playoff game at home. ;D

grayhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41:16 pm »

Jerry will always take a playoff when it happens but the money is the most important thing to him. Sound familiar?

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 08:20:47 am »

Money all that Jerry really cares about.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 09:11:33 am »

Cowboys have an outstanding young offense that will just get better. They strengthen some on defense and they will be hard to stop.

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfin' Hogville
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 02:39:54 pm »

Always next year.  ;D

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 07:28:40 pm »

That's Hall of Famer Jerry Jones to all you haters.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 10:00:27 pm »

Cowboys have an outstanding young offense that will just get better. They strengthen some on defense and they will be hard to stop.

While I personally think Dak's style lends itself to future success, I wouldn't bank on it happening. Rookie phenom's are notorious for not being able to sustain their success. Give NFL defensive coordinators an offseason and players frequently struggle. For every Russell Wilson, there's a Kaepernick. For every Big Ben, there's a Sanchez. Every Luck, an RG3.

You should definitely be optimistic about the cowboy's offensive future. It looks to be a good one. However, do not be certain about it. Not until they have 3 years.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »

While I personally think Dak's style lends itself to future success, I wouldn't bank on it happening. Rookie phenom's are notorious for not being able to sustain their success. Give NFL defensive coordinators an offseason and players frequently struggle. For every Russell Wilson, there's a Kaepernick. For every Big Ben, there's a Sanchez. Every Luck, an RG3.

You should definitely be optimistic about the cowboy's offensive future. It looks to be a good one. However, do not be certain about it. Not until they have 3 years.

The Cowboys as potential contenders will last exactly as long as they keep that offensive line intact.    Dak isn't supremely skilled;  Elliot is a good, but not remarkably different sort of back--   its the offensive line that begins and ends their chances at long term success.      They bit the bullet and spent several years of not going for the gold, rebuilding that line, and it has paid off handsomely recently--   but the moment they start forgetting that their success is built around that offensive line, they'll recede faster than Jimmy Johnson's hairline.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 02:44:14 pm »

The Cowboys as potential contenders will last exactly as long as they keep that offensive line intact.    Dak isn't supremely skilled;  Elliot is a good, but not remarkably different sort of back--   its the offensive line that begins and ends their chances at long term success.      They bit the bullet and spent several years of not going for the gold, rebuilding that line, and it has paid off handsomely recently--   but the moment they start forgetting that their success is built around that offensive line, they'll recede faster than Jimmy Johnson's hairline.

Agree somewhat. Dak isn't supremely gifted, but I'd take him over Cousins any day. He'll still young, but from a skill set pov, i'd put him outside the top 10, but in the upper half.

As for Zeke, couldn't disagree more. Show me another back in the past decade with a better resume than him. Size, speed, vision, strength, durability, production, pass blocking, pass catching, ball security... The one knock is that he's always done this with good talent around him. However, this guy went for 230 yards and 2 td's vs Bama on only 20 carries.

rzrbkman

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 10:30:21 am »

I never thought there would be a real possibility that Jason Witten would never play in a Super Bowl. He will be 35 when next season starts and time is running out.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 11:41:07 am »

Well sure, much depends on keeping a good Oline for any successful NFL team. But Dak had mad stats at Mississippi State too, in the SEC. Against the best in the country too. He's got talent and heart too. Could he flame out? Anything's possible. But he seems to have a level head. Not too uppity or obstinate either. So his chances of maintaining his upward trajectory are excellent.

And Zeke... I was not a fan of his when he was drafted by the Cowboys, but he made a believer out of me. I saw some of the moves he made that showed a lot of talent. Cowboys need to address defense in the off season, and some depth on their Oline and I think they will be in great shape for nextseason and for a long time to come.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 10:01:28 am »

And the Pain and misery continues.

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 02:03:30 am »

And the Pain and misery continues.

Likely to continue......

Apparently Jason Garrett is here to stay, a guy who was a better player than coach and he sucked as a player.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 08:36:57 pm »

Likely to continue......

Apparently Jason Garrett is here to stay, a guy who was a better player than coach and he sucked as a player.

I'd put Garrett right there in the worst spot possible, coach purgatory. He can get good play out of good players, which a surprising number of coaches are incapable of doing. However, he isn't good enough to elicit good play out of average players.

It's like having Richt as a college HC or Dalton as a NFL qb. You become scared to get rid of them because you know you can do a lot lot worse, but deep down, you know they aren't going to get you to the top either.

EastexHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 09:58:54 am »

Likely to continue......

Has anyone ever seen Jason Garrett and Clint Longley in the same room at the same time?  Both of their "careers" were built on one Thanksgiving Day game.

Garrett is the worst clock manager in the history of football.  For all the talk about the magnificent 2016 season, with "who is the MVP, Dak or Zeke" and a team that stayed incredibly healthy all year, his team still didn't win a playoff game.  But...he is Jerry's puppet and doesn't go to the bathroom without permission, so his job is secure.

rzrbkman

• Varsity
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »

2017 is not starting off well either.

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 05:30:36 am »

2017 is not starting off well either.

The Giants think it is. Opening day will be 3 straight wins against the Cowturds.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas