• 382,486 Topics
• 21,388 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Lot of Great Games Coming Out - A Year from Now :(  (Read 372 times)

whosiskid

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Try to become the person your dog thinks you are
A Lot of Great Games Coming Out - A Year from Now :(
« on: December 31, 2016, 03:33:40 pm »

I've been excited about a number of games that are coming out in 2017, but now when I checked their dates I discovered they are all at the end of 2017, except for the #1 game I'm excited about, THE LAST OF US, PT 2, which could be late 2018 or even 2019. That game could be absolutely incredible. Neil Druckmann is writing and directing and I think Druckmann might be the best person working in games in the world, that is, if you like games with great stories. He worked on all of the UNCHARTED games, but he had complete control of only two so far, THE LAST OF US and UNCHARTED 4, and those both had stories that were simply incredible, as good as we've ever seen in computer games. He is the perfect person to head Naughty Dogs AAA games and the company's attempt to make gaming a story telling medium.

So, anyway, THE LAST OF US, Pt. 2 (the suggestion in the title being that it completes the story begun in TLOU - best ending ever IMO, as one character chooses a relationship over the human race, but destroys the relationship by lying about having been forced to make that decision - I know a lot of people think the ending made one of the characters a villain but I don't agree - what makes us people, in the opinion of the best of our moral philosophers and theologians, is treating people as ends in themselves and not means to an end, and that you can never murder an innocent to achieve another end) won't be out until well after these other games.

First, there are a couple of games coming out in early 2017 that interest me. RESIDENT EVIL 7 should be fun. And HORIZON ZERO DAWN looks like it could be great. Though I'm at the point now where I almost never preorder a game. I will preorder anything Naughty Dog makes, but they have never made a game that wasn't a classic on its platform (Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Dakster, Uncharted, TLOU). I'll preorder any Fallout game. But most games I need to hear about first.

The games that all seem to be coming out at the end of the year that have me so excited are:

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2- Definite preorder. Right now it is scheduled for late December 2017. If it is 75% as good as the original it will be awesome.

SPIDER-MAN- About the same time period. Except for the Arkham games, I have not liked any superhero games, though Nolan North made Deadpool almost fun (he is the guy who voiced Nathan Drake, as well as countless other voices - they had actually finished the Deadpool game and they decided the voice overs were ruining the game, well, in addition to the boring game play, so they hired North to come in and re-record the voiceovers, and he did a pretty killer job - he also did the ultra creepy David in THE LAST OF US, the head of the cannibals that Joel and Ellie encounter). Still, I'm anxious to see how they do a very un-Batman kind of superhero on next gen. This may end up bombing though.

DETROIT BECOME HUMAN - I'm very interested in android issues and this one looks incredibly interesting. IF they pull off the concept it will be a classic, or it could be a bomb. I'm going to wait and read reviews, but I could get this one.

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA - 'Nuff said. I wish they would bring the Mass Effect trilogy out on PS4, like they did with the Uncharted trilogy prior to the release of UNCHARTED 4, but I'll be delighted with this one.

DAYS GONE - There are so many zombie games (a dominant metaphor for our age, I think a way of expressing how so many people seem to have become pure appetite, pursuing rapacious profit with no thought about what kind of life makes a person human), and I skip most of them, but this one looks really interesting. The gameplay clip that was released at E3 looks extraordinary and it seems to have been influenced by the story telling aspect of TLOU. Seems very atmospheric. But, again, late December 2017.

CRASH BANDICOOT N' SANE TRILOGY - Naughty Dog is not doing the port to PS4, but they are outsourcing it to another company. Still, Crash Bandicoot on PS4 will be a ton of fun.

FINAL FANTASY 7 Remake - I'm not a big Final Fantasy fan, but I keep hearing about what a classic game FF7 was. I'd like to play at least one of them and the fact that they are remaking this one has me interested.

So this is seven major games coming out in December 2017. Hopefully everyone will be giving me Amazon giftcards. That is over $400 worth of video games.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:53:18 pm by whosiskid »

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
Re: A Lot of Great Games Coming Out - A Year from Now :(
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 01:19:27 am »

FF7 is my favorite game ever. 

Apparently it's not going to be the same battle system in the remake, though, so that has me bummed.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Chief_Osceola

• Senior
  • Embracing the Dark Side
Re: A Lot of Great Games Coming Out - A Year from Now :(
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:27 pm »

The new Mass Effect releases March 21.  I pre-ordered through Amazon Prime last week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas