Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watchespn issues

Started by jfred59, April 24, 2018, 07:58:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jfred59

Anyone else having problems recently on Desktop versions?

TeufelHog

A couple of "freeze-ups," but overall working fine on iPhone app.

bulldog04

Quote from: jfred59 on April 24, 2018, 07:58:16 pm
Anyone else having problems recently on Desktop versions?
I have. The mobile versions are a lot better and that's all I use

hoglady

I had some problems with the Desktop version using Microsoft Edge.
I signed out and then signed in using Google Chrome - no problems since then.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

JONAS

Mine freezes up every time.

Cracker Jack

Yes!  Lots of freeze ups every time I watch.

Sooiepride

Go with the app. I have watched on both and the app seldom messes up. On good WiFi or LTE it is really good.  I bought a cheap adapter and hook up to the TV - works great.
God, Family, Country, Razorbacks.

porkchopsdontfloat

I have issues every game on multiple laptops. I can have 3 TV's streaming different shows on Netflix in HD at the same time with no issues, but even when I kick everyone else off the Wifi, WatchEspn freezes and buffers sometimes multiple times during the same at bat. I usually run an HDMI cable from a laptop to my TV, but I've had the same problems just watching from a laptop in the same room as the router.
The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

EconHawg

Go to Wal-Mart and buy a $35 Google Chromecast.  Setting it up is idiot proof, you use your phone as a remote, and when you Chromecast watchespn it never freezes.

arthurhawgerelli

Last night was the worst it ever was at freezing up for me.  Since I saw several complaints about it, I would think it was on the broadcast side not the receiving side.  Hopefully somebody on the Hill or with ESPN will fix it before this weekend. 

The Kid

Audio played fine on the desktop without video streaming, but trying to watch video was a buffering nightmare last night.
Let's get the train back on the tracks.

PintailKiller

I had no issues with it last night
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

bjl

Quote from: PintailKiller on April 25, 2018, 10:14:31 am
I had no issues with it last night

same here.  I use the mobile app on a FireTV though.  On a pc, the web browsers always buffer for me... never have a problem on my phone or the FireTV.

TPM

No problem watching on iPad, but no longer available on Roku apparently without subscribing.

Hawgey-Davidson

Quote from: TPM on April 25, 2018, 10:59:46 am
No problem watching on iPad, but no longer available on Roku apparently without subscribing.
I watched on Roku with no problems to speak of and with no script.

Kevin

no problem on my phone or ipad, but it freezes up on my computer
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cram224

Quote from: EconHawg on April 24, 2018, 11:19:27 pm
Go to Wal-Mart and buy a $35 Google Chromecast.  Setting it up is idiot proof, you use your phone as a remote, and when you Chromecast watchespn it never freezes.
How does that compare with Apple TV?

elksnort

I have to reauthenticate almost every time I use apple tv to watch espn 3.

kodiakisland

Mobile app on my tablet is flawless.  Desktop is almost always a problem.  I run them both side by side on the same wifi to see if it's a data issue, and the tablet always does great when the desktop is freezing up.  IE is terrible.  Chrome is better, but still has problems.

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Razorback de Nosferatu

I use the WatchESPN app on my iPhone and it works very well every time. I bought a lightning-HDMI adaptor and watch the games on the TV.

Of course, if we were LSU, we'd be televised literally at least once every weekend. But I digress.  :puke:

EconHawg

Quote from: cram224 on April 25, 2018, 07:40:43 pm
How does that compare with Apple TV?

There's no user interface on your tv, so no remote. You just use your smartphone or tablet (or a laptop with google chrome browser) and download the app that has what you want to watch (netflix, watchespn, youtube, pretty much any thing you could watch on your phone). Once you find what you want to stream, click the cast to tv button on your phone screen and it streams it through the chromecast dongle. Doesn't tie up your phone at all, doesn't drain battery or use data. Plus its very cheap and I've never had issues with buffering or anything like that.

I bought it to use on my back patio for when I have cook-outs for football and baseball games and want to bring the TV outside. Now I use it daily and when my cable contract is up I'll get rid of the cable boxes in all of my bedrooms and buy a couple more chromecasts.

fishes2000

Apple tv has the espn app to download. Once you've done that and log in with you service provider its really easy to use. That is all I use when I'm home. Espn, amazon prime, netflix. Beside the movies I have those are pretty much the three apps in use.

USChog

The desktop version is in a perpetual state of buffering. The app through device or smart tv is flawless. I have no idea why it is, but it is a fact of life.   

JONAS

I used Google Chrome and had no problems tonight.

porkchopsdontfloat

I followed EconHawg's advice and got a Chromecast. It worked perfectly.
The world will little note, nor long remember, the debates that distract us from what really matters, but it will remember that we wasted our lives calling strangers on the Internet retarded for liking the wrong things.

LRHawg

Quote from: EconHawg on April 24, 2018, 11:19:27 pm

Mine does, unfortunately. It's not too bad, though. Just have to reopen the game in watchESPN. I have the espn3 app on my RaspberryPi running Kodi with and its freezes on it too (it's cat5 to my router).

kodiakisland

Went to WalMart today after church and got the chromecast.  Absolute best watchespn game I've ever had on my TV.  Wish I'd have got it a long time ago.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/