Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Czar Perry-El Dorado

Started by pigsooie1000, December 16, 2016, 10:13:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigsooie1000

Is he not going to be academically eligible? Saw he scored 40 tonight while Gafford had 12 and was wondering why he doesn't have a bunch of offers, he's had a bunch of huge scoring nights

Razorod

Strong rumor is he will have to go the juco route. Maybe one of the recruiting experts can verify or clarify.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

poloprince

Already signed with a juco school in Mississippi, Itawamba Community College.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

pigsooie1000

so the assumption is he doesn't have the grades? can't you sign with a D1 after a juco?

hogwood

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on December 17, 2016, 03:50:59 pm
so the assumption is he doesn't have the grades? can't you sign with a D1 after a juco?

That is the point of going JUCO... Get your grades up and then sign with a D1 school.

tee1up2par

Quote from: pigsooie1000 on December 17, 2016, 03:50:59 pm

Yes but if he's not a full academic qualifier, he will have to basically get his associates degree (60 hrs) to sign a D1 scholarship.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

The_Bionic_Pig

Wouldn't he join Justice in the 2019 class if he were to return???

Then Moses Moody & Gerald Doakes in the 2020 Guard class.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JIHawg

Swinesong1

If it's academics, why this quote from his coach: "My guard Perry, Division I schools are missing out on Perry. They really are. They're missing out on him"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Swinesong1 on December 18, 2016, 12:53:57 pm
If it's academics, why this quote from his coach: "My guard Perry, Division I schools are missing out on Perry. They really are. They're missing out on him"
It may just be our standards. We require a higher ACT score/GPA than Cal Berkley lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MountieDawg

Why would anyone question a 17 or 18 year olds academic eligibility without the facts????  WRONG!!!
SEC!

Youngsta71701

Kid is a bonafide scoring machine. Can jump out the gym also.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ricepig

Quote from: Swinesong1 on December 18, 2016, 12:53:57 pm

If it's not, why sign with a JUCO this early?

Grades, and his dream is to play for Kentucky.

http://m.eldoradonews.com/news/2016/nov/02/el-dorados-perry-signs-itawamba/

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 07:30:34 am

Abilene Christian and Northwestern are his best D1 offers? Unbelieveable. Don't know why UALR and ASU aren't down there knocking on his door. Hoping the best for the kid but if he makes the steep climb and goes to KY Jelly someday, all bets are off.  ;)

Swinesong1

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 07:30:34 am

I just think that's an odd statement for his coach to make.  I don't know one way or the other.  Was just asking a question.

ricepig

Quote from: Swinesong1 on December 19, 2016, 07:46:06 am
I just think that's an odd statement for his coach to make.  I don't know one way or the other.  Was just asking a question.

I guess to draw interest for later, or maybe put a feather in his cap, I don't know either. I had read on another board that he was JUCO bound, so I provided the link.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 07:52:57 am
I guess to draw interest for later, or maybe put a feather in his cap, I don't know either. I had read on another board that he was JUCO bound, so I provided the link.

He's signed w/Itawamba juco as already stated ITT. He and Darious Hall were just on my radio segments on The Hog Call just a couple of hours ago. Czar is a no-doubt high-major talent.

NWAHog479

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on December 19, 2016, 03:25:36 pm
He's signed w/Itawamba juco as already stated ITT. He and Darious Hall were just on my radio segments on The Hog Call just a couple of hours ago. Czar is a no-doubt high-major talent.

Good job today on the air I missed the interview portion though, did you ask him why he felt he wasn't getting the big D1 offers or why he was having to go the JUCO route? Seems like a good kid in every other interview I heard with him.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 19, 2016, 03:43:07 pm
Good job today on the air I missed the interview portion though, did you ask him why he felt he wasn't getting the big D1 offers or why he was having to go the JUCO route? Seems like a good kid in every other interview I heard with him.

I'm hesitant to ask questions like that of a kid who is going to juco ... because that can open a can of worms that's usually related to academics so I don't go there. He did say he wanted to use his time in juco to get bigger (stronger), improve his game, and he hopes to play in the SEC (he told me off the air that he would love to land at KY some day), but that's already been made public so I don't mind repeating it here. Asked on the air, he declined to name KY and said playing in the "SEC" is his goal.

I've seen a lot of HS basketball already, and Czar right now is among the Top 6 players in the state, IMO.

Hawg Red

Not going to lie, reading that he openly wants to go to Kentucky turns me off. I don't like that coming from an Arkansas boy. His choice, obviously, but good luck, kid.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by these recent recruits, but hearing that makes me lose any interest. I'm done hoping against Kentucky. If a kid wants to go there, go on.

Mountain Oyster

heck of a defensive player. If you dribble the ball in front of him and don't protect he will take it away. Actually funny to watch in high school. he is quick as a cat

ricepig

Quote from: NWAHog479 on December 19, 2016, 03:43:07 pm

You go to JUCO for one of two reasons 99% of the time, lack of better offers, or grades/ACT score.