• 382,479 Topics
• 21,388 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ark: Survival Evolved  (Read 477 times)

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
Ark: Survival Evolved
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:57:50 pm »

anyone check this out yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQM8yWoiy5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlBR8623bE

the pre-release for ps4 just came out, the official release is in the spring I think. 

it has split screen local and online multiplayer on dedicated servers.

Its almost minecraftish starting out because you start with nothing and have to craft a pick axe, then other tools, on up to shelters and beyond.

its very  challenging though.  first few times I spawned in I was immediately eaten by a dinosaur.  playing split screen or with a tribe definitely helps.  eventually you can tame and ride dinos which is cool.  so far seems like there is a lot of potential in this game even though there is essentially no storyline besides waking up on a planet populated with dinosaurs and seeing how long you can survive.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
Re: Ark: Survival Evolved
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:06:18 pm »

if anyone plays this, I'd definitely be interested in starting up a tribe/clan.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

thebignasty

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:32:58 pm »

Don't eat darn.

I played some on pc. It's fairly fun but it was super glitchy.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 01:52:39 pm »

I've run into a few problems, but I've been surprised how stable it is for a pre-release version on PS4.

for a game with no real story, its been fun making your own story.  I've been playing split screen with my son.  we built a small base, then last night built a raft, traveled up the shore line for a while to a new area, where we tamed a couple of new dinos we hadn't seen.

loaded them on the raft to take them back to our main base, about half way back we got attacked by a Giant Crocodile which knocked me and both our dinos, off the raft.  luckily I was able to escape to shore but the dinos werent so lucky.  I almost saved one while it was busy eating the other, but it found us before I could get it back to the raft. 

tonights mission will be to find and kill the crocosaurus or whatever it is.   REVENGE!

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 02:27:05 pm »

Is this going to be on Xbox or just PS?

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 05:14:29 pm »

Is this going to be on Xbox or just PS?
both I believe.  its not out on disk form yet, but you can download it from the appropriate console store.

the nice thing is that it comes with all current/future DLC / Content releases for free. 

there are currently 3 playable areas

The Ark
The Center
Scorched Earth

Its definitely more fun playing with others.  Soloing is possible, but harder.  its best to spawn in easy areas to start, but don't get frustrated if you die in the first 10 seconds because you spawned next to a T-rex.  just find a different spawn area, preferably one inhabited by herbivores

there are LFG (looking for group) sites as well if you don't know anyone that plays.

you can host local games or play online with dedicated servers.  just remember what server you are using in order to keep your progress.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 05:24:37 pm by PorkSoda »

sage_dragoon

• Senior
  • WPS!!
    • MotorSportsAuthority
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 02:32:21 pm »

I've had this on PC for maybe a year now via Steam. Got like 1500 hours on it...very fun and addicting. Haven't bought the expansion though. Heck, haven't played it in months either.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 03:39:23 pm »

ugh, had a couple raptors and a few Dilos (spitters) tamed and headed off on and adventure to explore the surrounding area.  entered a swamp biome and figured it wouldn't be too hard to cross...that is until night fell.  spent the night stuck in the same place fighting off titanoboas and giant crocodiles but survived with no casualties.   I was feeling pretty good, but figured I should head back to base and regroup when dawn struck.  I looked behind me to see a few giant leeches coming out of the water.  started killing them, but they kept coming,  pretty soon I was being swarmed by 30+ leeches.  they were latching on to me and my dinos sucking our health and one by one we all died. 

after fighting for my life against giant dinos all night it was fricken leeches that finally took me down. 

Lesson of the day, stay out of swamps, especially at night.  and if you see leeches, run.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 03:47:59 pm »

https://playbackgaming.net/2016/12/06/ark-survival-evolved-releases-on-ps4-cross-play-future-more/

just wanted to update this thread to show that it looks like they are working on cross platforming with PS4 to PC based servers through steam.  and Xbox through Windows10

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 06:53:31 pm »

Is anyone playing Ark on PS4?

there is a new DLC coming out soon, so I'll be looking for a new server, and wouldn't mind hooking up with some other hogfans to form a tribe.

PorkSoda

• Gold Hogvillian
  • O_o
    • It's a Jeep thing...
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 03:19:37 pm »

Can't believe how addicted I am to this game. 

if anyone is interested in building a Hog fan tribe, I could get things started.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas