• 382,533 Topics
• 21,391 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Devwah Whaley...  (Read 97 times)

LCAPTP

• Bench Warmer
  • USA!USA!USA!
Devwah Whaley...
« on: November 19, 2016, 09:38:21 pm »

Whaley for heisman 2017

hawgdavis

• Senior
Re: Devwah Whaley...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »

RWIII is still the best back in the SEC IMHO and according to the stats. He will be a beast next year before he heads to the NFL

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawgdavis

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:26:07 pm »

DW will also be a beast but don't forget chained blue lightning Hammonds he is special

uncle bubs

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 12:55:31 am »

RWIII is still the best back in the SEC IMHO and according to the stats. He will be a beast next year before he heads to the NFL
True Freshman. Got him locked in for 2 more seasons. 💪

Hogfan46

• Varsity
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 01:17:06 am »

True Freshman. Got him locked in for 2 more seasons. 💪

RW3 is a true sophomore and can declare for the draft after next season if he chooses.

Jonteviosk

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 01:24:26 am »

Questions:

We have AA next season 4 of 5 ol starters back. 2 great rbs

2. Is Jeremy Sprinkles coming back
3. Do we have any replacements for all the WRs we lose?

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 01:35:42 am »

I like him, but he's not the best, statistics or not.

- Leonard Fournette/Derrius Guice
 - Damien Harris/Bo Scarbrough
 - Nick Chubb/Sony Michel
 - Trayveon Williams

Arthur pigby sellers.

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 12:36:16 pm »

Questions:

We have AA next season 4 of 5 ol starters back. 2 great rbs

2. Is Jeremy Sprinkles coming back
3. Do we have any replacements for all the WRs we lose?
Sprinkle is and a senior and even if he wasn't he's too good to come back.
JC will be our number 1 receiver next year and could have an All SEC type year.  Behind him we have a lot of young talent that has only been kept off the field by the amazing group of upperclassmen. Deon Stewart as a redshirt freshman has caught several passes and looked good doing it. He's small and will likely be a slot receiver. Petteway has also caught several. Lots of talented true freshman were redshirted this year, and we will be signing some studs this winter that may see the field next year [Koilan Jackson]. Also don't be surprised to see TJ Hammond line up in the slot next year.
     It will be exciting to see and while I think we will take a step back. It will be a smaller one than most predict.

razorbackkid

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 11th Commandment "Love Thy Hogs"
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »

Backfield should be amazing next season.  :razorback:

hawgdavis

• Senior
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 03:32:59 pm »

- Nick Chubb/Sony Michel
 - Trayveon Williams

Chub can't get mentally over the injury like Knile Michelle is very good

Fournett has a very good OL

OL again for the Bama guys

Williams OL

I would compare RWIII with any of them straight up. What would he do behind any one of those lines. I think he would be head and shoulders better than any of them jmo. He is a big back with really good speed,always seems to fall forward and has real toughness mentality and physically.

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2016, 07:57:25 pm »

After Whaley gets a full year in the weight room and in the program in general he is going to be a beast.  Kid has a chance to be really special. 

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 08:02:14 pm »

- Nick Chubb/Sony Michel
 - Trayveon Williams
meh, those guys aren't all that. Bunch of Hype, not much substance. I'll give you Derrius Guice. They rest, meh/

1   Rawleigh Williams III, RB   ARK   208   1209   5.8   72   11
2   Kamryn Pettway, RB   AUB   173   1106   6.4   64   7
3   Stanley Williams, RB   UK   146   1072   7.3   63   6
4   Damarea Crockett, RB   MIZ   153   1062   6.9   39   10
5   Ralph Webb, RB   VAN   208   1058   5.1   49   10
6   Benny Snell Jr., RB   UK   168   1006   6.0   48   12
7   Nick Fitzgerald, QB   MSST   163   985   6.0   74   12
8   Derrius Guice, RB   LSU   120   964   8.0   96   10
9   Trayveon Williams, RB   TA&M   137   956   7.0   89   7
10   Nick Chubb, RB   UGA   185   900   4.9   55   6

buldozer

• Senior
  • Lets Call Those Hogs!
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2016, 01:24:43 pm »

Those are all good backs. If you look at the carries, RW has more carries than all but one of those guys and not a lot more yards than some. RW is as good as any one of them though IMO

younghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Keep em coming
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2016, 01:26:03 pm »

STUD OF A BACK FOR SURE..

go HOGS

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 01:27:13 pm »

JC will be our number 1 receiver next year and could have an All SEC type year.  Behind him we have a lot of young talent that has only been kept off the field by the amazing group of upperclassmen. Deon Stewart as a redshirt freshman has caught several passes and looked good doing it. He's small and will likely be a slot receiver. Petteway has also caught several. Lots of talented true freshman were redshirted this year, and we will be signing some studs this winter that may see the field next year [Koilan Jackson]. Also don't be surprised to see TJ Hammond line up in the slot next year.
     It will be exciting to see and while I think we will take a step back. It will be a smaller one than most predict.
commentators during the game Saturday said Sprinkle currently was the #5 NFL TE prospect for next draft, if he came back could he get up to top 3?...........

GolfnHog

• #neveryield #wps
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 01:53:32 pm »

commentators during the game Saturday said Sprinkle currently was the #5 NFL TE prospect for next draft, if he came back could he get up to top 3?...........

I suspect if he came back and played we'd get dinged for using a player that had no more eligibility left. He's a SR and had a RS shirt his first year if memory serves me correctly

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 01:56:44 pm »

I suspect if he came back and played we'd get dinged for using a player that had no more eligibility left. He's a SR and had a RS shirt his first year if memory serves me correctly
well, then he can't come back so its a moot point........

311Hog

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2016, 02:01:11 pm »

Saw O'Grady getting some PT for the first time (or first time i heard his named called).  I think we will be fine in the TE department next season.

Will be hard to replace Morgan's and Hatcher's leadership and consistency at the WR position but i think JC will definitely be the go to guy next year.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2016, 02:30:16 pm »

Keep an eye on Jordan Jones at WR. We may not be as experienced, but we may be way faster at WR.

And yes, I can see TJ getting those end arounds and some quick outs in the slot. Percy Harvin type.

AugustaHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2016, 02:32:06 pm »

Saw O'Grady getting some PT for the first time (or first time i heard his named called).  I think we will be fine in the TE department next season.

Will be hard to replace Morgan's and Hatcher's leadership and consistency at the WR position but i think JC will definitely be the go to guy next year.
O'Grady, Gunter, and Cantrell all got catches last game.  Those guys plus Gragg and the JUCO transfer Patton should adequately fill the TE void.  Nobody's replacing Sprinkle, but we will be fine.  At WR, we will have a tough time replacing Hatcher and Morgan for sure.  Reed and Hollister (great production on coverage units by the way) haven't really given us a ton.  I expect Cornelius to take a big leadership role and be our go to guy.  He will be a stud for us again.  Stewart, Pettway, Jones, and hopefully Nance will be able to make an impact and take up some of the important plays.  Hammonds may be a big factor in the slot as well.  That will truly be our biggest question mark going into next year on the offensive side of the ball.  If we get solid production from the WRs, I think we are going to put up a ton of points again.  If the OL is improved, we could do some damage.  That likely hinges on Ragnow returning. 

Paul

• Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »

we need to find ways of getting on the field, not only because he's a blazer but also to keep him happy. 

longpig

• contrarian extraordinaire
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2016, 03:01:05 pm »

Doubtful he'll be the 5th drafted,1st to 3rd probably.  He's around 5th in receiving yards with several ahead of him (Engram) being tweeners but is a much more well rounded TE than most. 

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2016, 03:05:32 pm »

I think it's unfortunate that we've been forced to use Sprinkle as a blocker so much this year. He could have had a monster season if the OL was better.

LRHawg

• Surfin' Hogville
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 03:20:28 pm »

I think it's unfortunate that we've been forced to use Sprinkle as a blocker so much this year. He could have had a monster season if the OL was better.

Exactly. A smart team in the NFL will pick him up late and he'll do very well in the NFL, I believe.

Cure

• Hogfan at Ohio State Univ
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 03:26:43 pm »

Keep an eye on Jordan Jones at WR. We may not be as experienced, but we may be way faster at WR.

And yes, I can see TJ getting those end arounds and some quick outs in the slot. Percy Harvin type.
Jordan Jones is going to be a monster for Arkansas.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 04:44:07 pm »

Jordan Jones is going to be a monster for Arkansas.

Glad he got to redshirt. Went back and watched some high school film, and he has a long stride. Super fast. Coaches raved about him this week in practice.

elksnort

• Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »

After Whaley gets a full year in the weight room and in the program in general he is going to be a beast.  Kid has a chance to be really special. 
I am going to go all IronHog on you now. Let's not bulk Whaley up too much, thus losing speed.

elksnort

• Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 05:14:56 pm »

we need to find ways of getting on the field, not only because he's a blazer but also to keep him happy. 
If TJ Hammonds can catch, then give him time at slot.

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 05:24:02 pm »

Exactly. A smart team in the NFL will pick him up late and he'll do very well in the NFL, I believe.

He blows up the combine and he can do much better than late rounds....

He's not the pure receiver of a player like Henry (great hips and hands) but he is a better overall athlete and football player.

1highhog

• 1964, the year of the hog.
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »

Williams OL

I would compare RWIII with any of them straight up. What would he do behind any one of those lines. I think he would be head and shoulders better than any of them jmo. He is a big back with really good speed,always seems to fall forward and has real toughness mentality and physically.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Our RB tandem just this year was better than any in the SEC.  Think about what they did, (our rb's ) compared to those on other teams like the above poster did.  we had a terrible OL for our guys to run behind and R111 still leads the league and Whaley is just now hitting his stride.  Look at the OL's the other tandems have to run behind, they have great lines, but still can't compare.  And don't bring up the fact that the other teams were passing that much more because we done plenty of that because our OL was so bad we were forced to pass to try and stay within reach on the scoreboard.

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2016, 05:30:11 pm »

I am going to go all IronHog on you now. Let's not bulk Whaley up too much, thus losing speed.

Now you get it....

You can be Howard/Cobbs or McFadden/Jones.....

Speed kills.  Hit the home run

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 05:36:28 pm »

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Our RB tandem just this year was better than any in the SEC.  Think about what they did, (our rb's ) compared to those on other teams like the above poster did.  we had a terrible OL for our guys to run behind and R111 still leads the league and Whaley is just now hitting his stride.  Look at the OL's the other tandems have to run behind, they have great lines, but still can't compare.  And don't bring up the fact that the other teams were passing that much more because we done plenty of that because our OL was so bad we were forced to pass to try and stay within reach on the scoreboard.

Fournette is as over hyped a player as we've seen since Reggie Bush......  he's a great back but just all-SEC quality overall.

Now Chubb was a freak of nature once a decade type back.  Hate he got injured.

Hogs have two fine upper tier SEC backs.  Gonna be fun seeing them run behind Gibson and Froholt next year......

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 05:37:27 pm »

If TJ Hammonds can catch, then give him time at slot.

He needs to learn to stop slinging the ball around.

Jonteviosk

• Senior
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 09:10:59 pm »

Keep one important thing in mind heading into next year besides what should hopefully be a strong o line and great skill players...Arkansas has the best qb in sec this year and he returns next year.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 10:00:38 pm »

Keep one important thing in mind heading into next year besides what should hopefully be a strong o line and great skill players...Arkansas has the best qb in sec this year and he returns next year.
wish our schedule wasn't so brutal.

daprospecta

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 10:20:08 pm »

Williams OL

Fournette is A.P. part deux.  He will be fun to watch in the NFL.

IronHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • AIMED AT YOU!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 10:26:43 pm »

Not so much

311Hog

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2016, 09:45:58 am »

he "could" be this, but something seems off about the guy.  I mean starting fights pre game, seems oft injured, in the "big games" hasn't really shown up.  Sure you can lay a good bit of this on the vanilla offense etc. but the guy is physically so gifted he reminds me of a RB Clowney.

Terryproy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2016, 12:53:37 pm »

The best is yet to come WooPig   :razorback: :razorback:

DiamondHogFan

• Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2016, 01:13:46 pm »

wish our schedule wasn't so brutal.
The East doesn't have any openings next year do they?  We would be on our way to Atlanta.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas