Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arlington - upset alert

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 28, 2016, 12:52:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

The Hogs need to be careful on Nov 18 when Arlington comes to town. They have five starters returning from a 24-win team, plus pre-season Sun Belt POY Kevin Hervey, who was injured mid-way  through the season last year. Don't let their lack of size fool you, because they had a +8 rebounding margin last season, which included wins over Ohio State and Memphis. Hogs will be favored, but this is a team that does not need to be taken lightly.

The_Iceman

Great find. Need the fans to show up and help that game.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Taking my family to that game. Can't wait!

yraciv

Our entire nonconference Texas slate should be interesting games. Houston has a strong squad returning, and Kelvin Sampson should have them as a conference champ contender in year 3. SFA has a new coach and replace top 3 players, but have been one of the most competitive and exciting midmajors in recent years, and Sam Houston is actually the favorite in the Southland this year.  I think we win those two by 10 to 15, but no pushovers with these games.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 27, 2016, 02:00:13 pm
I thought something that stood out is UTA.  Could be the sneaky interesting game from a mid major.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Rawker

Hell, the upset alert is the first game.  IPFW is a 24-9 NIT team with a nucleus coming back.  Hog will have to play well to win.

nwahogfan1

Mike really thinks he will have a very good squad this year by the way he hand picked these very good and experienced non conference opponents.  I hope we win them all but if not they will get us ready for SEC play.  Good for Coach to not run away from competition.   It will be a lot of fun for the fans as well. 

Go Hogs.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on November 02, 2016, 10:09:49 pm
Mike really thinks he will have a very good squad this year by the way he hand picked these very good and experienced non conference opponents.  I hope we win them all but if not they will get us ready for SEC play.  Good for Coach to not run away from competition.   It will be a lot of fun for the fans as well. 

Go Hogs.

I'm pretty sure he had the teams scheduled before he knew the exact makeup of the roster, although I could be wrong.

I think it's more of needing better RPI games and SEC putting more emphasis on everyone's non con schedule, despite the quality of roster.

Big Nasty 34

Bought 2 good seats for 12 bucks a piece last night. Excited to see a good game!

Rawker

Quote from: Big Nasty 34 on November 03, 2016, 08:20:21 am
Bought 2 good seats for 12 bucks a piece last night. Excited to see a good game!

Dang!