Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fire him now!!!!

Started by snoop hawgy hawg, October 22, 2016, 07:46:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoop hawgy hawg

Rob smith must go now!!! He doesn't blitz, he doesn't mix up coverage and he doesn't recruit well! If CBB doesn't fire him a.s.a.p than it makes it hard for me to believe he is taking his job very seriously!!!

HamSammich

Quote from: snoop hawgy hawg on October 22, 2016, 07:46:33 pm
Rob smith must go now!!! He doesn't blitz, he doesn't mix up coverage and he doesn't recruit well! If CBB doesn't fire him than it make it hard for me to believe he is taking his job very seriously!!!

Honest to god... I think if we had blitzed they would have rushed for 800 yards

jcul28

I agree. If changes aren't made, CBN should be held responsible. Promote PR and cut your losses.

Sir Oinksalot

Well we did move our lbs a step closer to the line in the second half on first down and we just put8 in the box and an off tackle play went for a td......
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

arktravlr

time to start over...again.  I was a big CBB fan, but this year the worm has turned as far as I'm concerned.  The poor recruiting, the obsession with the Allen brothers, the regression at every  other spot (maybe kicker...yay kicker!)...sighh...this is putrid.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

BB getting his ass embarrassed now. He has to let someone go.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Sir Oinksalot

...we are just beyond tired, it happens with schedules like ours ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

arktravlr

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 22, 2016, 07:52:37 pm
Um...Austin Allen has been quite good.
I know I am in the minority, but my opinion of little brother is fairly well known.  Not a fan of either of them as quarterbacks.

rzrbackramsfan

I wouldn't care if they fired him but I'm not sure financially for the university it's not worth it right now.

HamSammich

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 22, 2016, 08:02:43 pm
I wouldn't care if they fired him but I'm not sure financially for the university it's not worth it right now.

I wonder who in the hell wpuldngive a coach with a crappy record an extension with a huge buyout??? No one I can think of.

Marshfieldhog

WorfHog

Yep this staff is a joke, they haven't earned their money.

arktravlr

Just pull the whole coaching staff to the side for a discussion while the plane leaves them on the ground

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HamSammich on October 22, 2016, 08:03:38 pm
I wonder who in the hell wpuldngive a coach with a crappy record an extension with a huge buyout??? No one I can think of.

I'm specifically talking about Robb smith.  I'm not such a knee jerk reaction guy that tonight's game has changed my mind about Bret Bielema.

Torqued pork

An honorable Rob Smith would resign on the flight home.

Hawghiggs

Jeff Long should be added to the list of people that need to be fired.

HamSammich

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 22, 2016, 08:15:30 pm
I'm specifically talking about Robb smith.  I'm not such a knee jerk reaction guy that tonight's game has changed my mind about Bret Bielema.
well bud if you think CBB is the real deal after this game in the fourth year you have a whole other set of issues.

snoop hawgy hawg

Rob smith gotta find his own way back to arkansas, and the name plate on his front office should say paul roads by the time he gets there..

RedBird5

Quote from: HamSammich on October 22, 2016, 08:18:58 pm
well bud if you think CBB is the real deal after this game in the fourth year you have a whole other set of issues.
Well bud.  If you truly expected much more this year so do you

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: HamSammich on October 22, 2016, 08:18:58 pm

Alright bud...

berryhog

Quote from: arktravlr on October 22, 2016, 08:01:25 pm
I know I am in the minority, but my opinion of little brother is fairly well known.  Not a fan of either of them as quarterbacks.

You are definitely in the minority.

BigHog396

Just proves your lack of knowledge about football if you don't realize that AA is one of the best QBs in the SEC, and probably one of the best in the Nation.

heatmiser

Quote from: BigHog396 on October 22, 2016, 08:56:51 pm
Just proves your lack of knowledge about football if you don't realize that AA is one of the best QBs in the SEC, and probably one of the best in the Nation.
true
Arkansas Razorbacks

Hogs958

I've never seen a defensive front get pushed off the line this badly. I don't get it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Firing now won't help anything just put us down a coach.

But there are a couple of defensive coaches I would mind finding another job

Youngsta71701

The first step to stopping the run is setting the edges, loading the box, or both if you have to. And we did neither. Something has to change or someone has to go. I'm tired of seeing players and coaches making the same mistakes over and over again! Sorry Robb the players are always going to be there. So you gotta go!
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

RazorPiggie

Wow. Just wow.

Youngsta71701

This game loss had nothing to do with the QB. It had everything to do with the play calling on first down at the beginning of every drive and the total lack or run defense starting with the DC's refusal to set the edges with alignment and load the box.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: WorfHog on October 22, 2016, 08:12:43 pm
Yep this staff is a joke, they haven't earned their money.

Other than Enos and maybe Mitchell and Michael Smith.

Youngsta71701

LZH

And my opinion is you don't know darn about quarterbacks.

I agree with everything else you said, but come on man give me a break.

DeltaBoy

Trash ! Have you seen how good of classes GUS had the past 4 years.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

buldozer

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on October 22, 2016, 08:15:30 pm
If CBB doesn't take action to correct this in this off-week, then my mind is going to change about him... so the jury is out pending what he does to stop the bleeding. And if he comes out and says some version of "all my coaches did a good job, its my fault", then he needs to go IMO because something has to change now. If he isn't going to change anything, then he needs to go. This is unacceptable, period!

BOAR_N2BWILD

The coaches that really needs to go is  Kurt Anderson- The O-Line is pathetic. Rob Smith needs to go too.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

DOGALUM

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on October 22, 2016, 09:07:06 pm
The coaches that really needs to go is  Kurt Anderson- The O-Line is pathetic. Rob Smith needs to go too.
While I agree that our O-line has been a weak spot this year.....they played better last week and played fairly well tonight except for at RT.   Wallace got beat on......I don't know how many plays.   It was atrocious.   The rest of the line seems to have improved markedly. 
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Qui Gon Jinn

My perception is that he doesn't make any changes.  Or the depth just isn't there to make changes?  We have the same issues week in and week out.  No improvement.  No mixing up the scheme to blitz, or quit giving receivers cushions.  I'm just dumbfounded that we look this bad at this point in the season.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

hawginbigd1

I thought the entire team looked uninspired and slower than usual, I think they emptied the tanks last Saturday physically and emotionally. They will be improved coming off the bye, however the defense has real issues still. IMO Ellis, Johnson, Winston, and Beanum should be thanked for their service, and told to be ready when somebody needs a breather. We have better athletes behind them and they need to be playing. DJ Dean needs to go back to safety and put Coley in there with him. The other 2 should focus on special teams, if they want to contribute.

I would also say CRS has outlived his usefulness at Arkansas

BigHog396

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 22, 2016, 09:10:52 pm
While I agree that our O-line has been a weak spot this year.....they played better last week and played fairly well tonight except for at RT.   Wallace got beat on......I don't know how many plays.   It was atrocious.   The rest of the line seems to have improved markedly. 
Did you even watch the game???  O-line played fairly well?  They were pushed around like they were a bunch of junior high kids ALL night long!  That was one of the worst O-line performances I have EVER seen from any Razorbacks squad.

hogsfan31

Quote from: DOGALUM on October 22, 2016, 09:10:52 pm

I can't say what should be said because it would be considered player bashing here. Need to get the Oline figured out, specifically RG.

arktravlr

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 22, 2016, 09:03:55 pm
This game loss had nothing to do with the QB. It had everything to do with the play calling on first down at the beginning of every drive and the total lack or run defense starting with the DC's refusal to set the edges with alignment and load the box.
Okay.

East TN HAWG

Fire Smith when he plane lands.  Promote Rhodes to DC.  Move Allen to coaching the DBs for the rest of the season.

arktravlr

Quote from: BigHog396 on October 22, 2016, 08:56:51 pm
Oh? Yes, I see it now. Thanks for showing me the light.

pfrg999

Robb just needs 4 to 5 years to make sure he has "His" type of players, you cant ask any human person to do that when you dont have your players
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

arktravlr

Quote from: berryhog on October 22, 2016, 08:34:35 pm
You are definitely in the minority.
It happens.  Doesn't change my mind. I see the same stuff every week.

dmaxfan

How many times has Brett lost after getting beat at half? He can't scheme worth a damn.
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: arktravlr on October 22, 2016, 09:38:24 pm
As I said, I am in the minority, but I was not a fan of big brother and I am not a fan of his noodle armed little brother.
Big brother's career was a disappointment, not 8 games last year or a dozen others maybe in his career, but overall it was less than stellar, but AA has been one of the best 1st year starters in my 40 years of being a fan of this team, I think his arm strength is adequate at worst. Noodle arm makes you seem foolish, honestly.

johnny cash

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on October 22, 2016, 07:57:26 pm

...we are just beyond tired, it happens with schedules like ours ...
called conditioning, did Bama look tired today?

arktravlr

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 22, 2016, 09:45:35 pm
Big brother's career was a disappointment, not 8 games last year or a dozen others maybe in his career, but overall it was less than stellar, but AA has been one of the best 1st year starters in my 40 years of being a fan of this team, I think his arm strength is adequate at worst. Noodle arm makes you seem foolish, honestly.
Okay.

arktravlr

Quote from: tusksincolorado on October 22, 2016, 09:48:48 pm
For AA sake I hope he does not own a truck....
I said I'm not a fan of a quarterback...not a psychopath who takes out frustration on 18-22 year old kids over a game.

donbro

AA is tougher than the offensive line.