Previous topic - Next topic

HOGness4life

Sacks:

Deatrich - 1, Myles - 0

QB hurries:

Deatrich - 6, Myles - 2

TFL:

Deatrich - 4, Myles - 1

It would be WISE to move Deatrich up your draft board.

As my pappy used to say: "Onwards and Upwards Hogs!!!"  :razorback:

Biggus Piggus

I was surprised at the shots of Garrett huffing and puffing on the sideline, even after he played brief sequences. Then he got hurt.

Daeshon Hall looked more effective than Garrett in this game. He looked fast too. They had a bigger impact than is visible in stats. They redirected the action and absorbed attention that allowed the Aggies to use delayed blitzes.
[CENSORED]!

HOGness4life

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 27, 2016, 09:48:30 pm
I was surprised at the shots of Garrett huffing and puffing on the sideline, even after he played brief sequences. Then he got hurt.

Daeshon Hall looked more effective than Garrett in this game. He looked fast too. They had a bigger impact than is visible in stats. They redirected the action and absorbed attention that allowed the Aggies to use delayed blitzes.

These are good points all around.

Lets rank them:

1. Deatrich Wise
2. Daeshon Hall
3. Myles Garrett

3kgthog

Let's be real, I don't remember seeing DW being chipped or double teamed on nearly every down. That makes a big difference.

LZH

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 27, 2016, 10:21:04 pm
Let's be real, I don't remember seeing DW being chipped or double teamed on nearly every down. That makes a big difference.
No one has ever claimed Deatrich was Superman either....I'll always remember Skipper going low on Garrett, it was a beautiful thing to watch...for you guys who don't like the idea of putting the other team's best player out of the game even if you have to injure him, grow a pair...just remember how many times they hit Austin Allen held his body square and drive AA's back into the turf...I have no pity or Garrett...kudo's to Skipper for going low on Myles Garrett
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Squinky The Curse

Deatrich Wise was responsible for Trevor Knight's first rushing TD, so kudos to him for that.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: HOGness4life on September 27, 2016, 09:43:42 pm
Sacks:

Deatrich - 1, Myles - 0

QB hurries:

Deatrich - 6, Myles - 2

TFL:

Deatrich - 4, Myles - 1

Making stats up now?

Deatrich Wise: 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks, 0 QBH

Myles Garrett: 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 fumble recovery, 1 QBH

MountieDawg

Quote from: HOGness4life on September 27, 2016, 09:43:42 pm
Sacks:

Deatrich - 1, Myles - 0

QB hurries:

Deatrich - 6, Myles - 2

TFL:

Deatrich - 4, Myles - 1

Sometimes stats lie. Hogs had the ball twice as long as A&M, Hogs are twice as good???  Wise is really food, but Garrett will go in the 1st 3 picks in the draft.
SEC!

RazorPiggie

Garrett>Wise

I like Deatrich but he isn't near as talented as Garrett. He might have more heart and drive.

Russ22

From Pro Football Focus:

"In this week's Myles Garrett watch, the Aggies star defensive end had two QB hits and seven total pressures on his way to a game-high 86.4 grade, helping his team slow down the Razorbacks for an impressive victory. On the other side of the ball, Texas A&M found joy on the ground, as freshman running back Trayveon Williams forced six missed tackles and averaged 7.7 yards after contact on his way to an 83.2 grade."

The game high included both teams graded by PFF. They are considering more than just the stat line. They account for occupying multiple blockers and disruptions.

For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Theolesnort

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 27, 2016, 10:21:04 pm
Simply put Garrett is a super stud or we would never have schemed to neutralize him like we did. Cantrell gave him some real shots. Some things we did well in the game, some other things we did from a coaching stand point was beyond stupid. I even bet the coaches would say that now if they were candid about it.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

jlhogfan

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 28, 2016, 02:44:55 am
Sometimes stats lie. Hogs had the ball twice as long as A&M, Hogs are twice as good???  Wise is really food, but Garrett will go in the 1st 3 picks in the draft.

lol...I don't think Wise has ever been called that before

WooPig90

Who cares, did it matter on the outcome of the game? No.

hei5manhog

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 28, 2016, 02:44:55 am

If we had the ball twice as long that means there would be more opportunity for MG to pad/get stats. He is probably a better player, but this logic is flawed too. The stats are not really apples to apples but it's safe to say Wise is really good as is Garrett.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

Cinco de Hogo

Wise wasn't going up against Dan Skipper, plus whoever got a shoot at him while he was doing it, the whole game.  It was a great battle and one I enjoyed watching.  Garrett is what you thought you would see when you watched Clowney a few years ago, but hardly never did.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Russ22 on September 28, 2016, 08:14:00 am
From Pro Football Focus:

"In this week's Myles Garrett watch, the Aggies star defensive end had two QB hits and seven total pressures on his way to a game-high 86.4 grade, helping his team slow down the Razorbacks for an impressive victory. On the other side of the ball, Texas A&M found joy on the ground, as freshman running back Trayveon Williams forced six missed tackles and averaged 7.7 yards after contact on his way to an 83.2 grade."

The game high included both teams graded by PFF. They are considering more than just the stat line. They account for occupying multiple blockers and disruptions.

Their method is flawed. They only consider downs that Garrett played. He had to come off the field quite a bit. Hall made more of an impact because he played more downs.
[CENSORED]!

Russ22

How do you count downs someone doesn't play?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hei5manhog on September 28, 2016, 09:38:33 am
If we had the ball twice as long that means there would be more opportunity for MG to pad/get stats. He is probably a better player, but this logic is flawed too. The stats are not really apples to apples but it's safe to say Wise is really good as is Garrett.
will be a wasted pick that high...he is small and a pure speed rusher and those kind of guys are a dime a dozen ....the only guy that did the right thing was Skipper when Dan had enough of Garrett standing over AA flexing his muscles...Dan took the little SOB out by cutting him and believe me, there are guys in the NFL who have that down to an art....why do you think Jadaveon Clowney is never well ?

MJ2

Individual accolades are great but the Hogs lost and that Trumps everything else.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 28, 2016, 10:03:46 am
will be a wasted pick that high...he is small and a pure speed rusher and those kind of guys are a dime a dozen ....the only guy that did the right thing was Skipper when Dan had enough of Garrett standing over AA flexing his muscles...Dan took the little SOB out by cutting him and believe me, there are guys in the NFL who have that down to an art....why do you think Jadaveon Clowney is never well ?

Garrett is 6-5, 270. Not small. He will be a top five draft pick.
[CENSORED]!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 28, 2016, 07:34:50 pm

Sure. He's 270 like Corliss was 6'7".

HawgnCorona

Ok but it was the battle within the war...I would have enjoyed winning the war much more.  Bring on the next challenger (Alcorn St). Then Bama, to beat them would be sweet redemption...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 27, 2016, 09:48:30 pm

If you were at the game, you could see we were beating the hell out of Garrett, and he was very ineffectual most of the game, Hatcher caught him so flush in the 1st qtr I really wondered if he was getting up.

mm42

Good gracious this is a biased borderline stupid thread.  Arkansas ran an offensive scheme that allowed itself to be blitzed over and over.  If a player is doubled every play, it is not a sign of disrepect.  It is basically saying if we don't scheme for this guy he will kill us. Why the heck do you think linebackers were getting free shots at AA.

Wise is a good player, but this is embarrassing.

Sizzlean

LOL! A correct response about the offensive scheme to deal with Garrett. Similar scheme NFL teams use for JJ Watt.

Sulla

Small?  What are you smoking dude?  Even if you don't trust his listed weight, the kid is bigger than Von Miller.

Pure speed rusher?  He bull rushes linemen back into the QB on the regular.

He's gonna be drafted with one of the first few picks, and he's gonna be All Pro.

I think ya got a little homer in ya, friend.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 28, 2016, 07:34:50 pm
never said he wouldn't be a top pick...for a guy who claims to be a journalist you either don't fully read the post on which you comment or you just don't care....LT's in the NFL are 6'6" on average and weigh around 320 lbs...anyway, my point was not that he wasn't going to be drafted high but I think I said something to the effect it will be a wasted pick if he's in the top 10...and I gave an example of the type of player he (Garrett) is in Jadeveon Clowney......Garrett is no Vonn Miller, not even close

NEA_HogFan

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 28, 2016, 02:22:52 am
Deatrich Wise was responsible for Trevor Knight's first rushing TD, so kudos to him for that.

Um no... no he wasn't.

Boles Hog

Uh.... Von Miller says hello.......

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 28, 2016, 02:42:41 am
Making stats up now?

Deatrich Wise: 6 tackles, 1 TFL, 0 sacks, 0 QBH

Myles Garrett: 3 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 fumble recovery, 1 QBH

Is that Donald?

mm42

For the guy that said speed pass rushers are a dime a dozen, WTH are you talking about?  NFL priorities: QB, then guys who either protect the edge (OT), or guys who rush the passer.

HogsonHicks

Wise and Garrett are different types of players. Wise is more of a traditional DE in a 4-3, will likely play at around 275, and will likely be picked in the top 2-3 rounds. Garrett is a prototypical outside linebacker/rush end in a 3-4, like a Damarcus Ware, will likely play at around 260, and will be a top 10 pick.

Both are studs, but the NFL is a speed game, and Garrett's pass rushing skills will be highly coveted.  Both have plenty of NFL money coming their way.

Squinky The Curse

Quote from: HogsonHicks on September 30, 2016, 07:54:35 am
Wise and Garrett are different types of players. Wise is more of a traditional DE in a 4-3, will likely play at around 275, and will likely be picked in the top 2-3 rounds. Garrett is a prototypical outside linebacker/rush end in a 3-4, like a Damarcus Ware, will likely play at around 260, and will be a top 10 pick.

::)

Myles has spent his three seasons at A&M playing in a 4-3, and plays at 270. The type of player you're talking about, a 3-4 OLB, typically is somewhere between 235-255. Totally different type of player. Myles is your proto-typical weakside DE in a 4-3 defense.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Squinky The Curse on September 30, 2016, 04:40:13 pm
::)

Myles has spent his three seasons at A&M playing in a 4-3, and plays at 270. The type of player you're talking about, a 3-4 OLB, typically is somewhere between 235-255. Totally different type of player. Myles is your proto-typical weakside DE in a 4-3 defense.

No way he's 270. Media guide hype. He may be 260 after a big breakfast.

That's ok, as speed rushers off the edge are coveted. He'd be much less valuable in an NFL 4-3.