Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How good teams to lose

Started by Bacon_Bitz, September 27, 2016, 08:52:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

OH MAN I AM SO MAD THE HOGS GOT BEAT WE WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN SIX GAMES THIS YEAR.  Good teams never lose games like this.  To illustrate this, look at these losses from the teams in the group of six bowls and playoff last year:

Oklahoma State ONLY lost to Oklahoma 58-23
TCU ONLY lost to Oklahoma State by 20 - that means Oklahoma would've beaten them by 45!!!
Oklahoma ONLY lost to a sub-.500 Texas team 24-17
Ole Miss ONLY lost to Florida 38-10 and Memphis 37-24 (and some team called Arkansas 53-52 AFTER A 4TH AND 25 CONVERSION!!!)

Once you get to the actual bowls, look how these GREAT teams ACTUALLY KEPT IT CLOSE, UNLIKE ARKANSAS WHO IS TERRIBLE AND WILL NOT WIN ANYMORE GAMES THIS YEAR SO WE NEED A NEW COACH NOW HIRE SOMEONE FROM HOGVILLE:

Michigan State got shutout but kept it close, 38-0, with Alabama
Iowa only lost to Stanford 45-16
Okie St only lost to Ole Miss 48-20
Oklahoma only lost to Clemson 37-17
Notre Dame only lost to Ohio St by 16 or so

MY POINT IS THIS: If these teams, the best from last season, can keep it close and LOSE RESPECTABLY and have successful programs and not have to worry about next year all the time b/c LAST YEAR THEY PROVED IT ON THE FIELD, why can't the Hogs do the same?!?!?  Why are the Hogs so far behind these other teams, IN YEAR FOUR, still losing to TOP 10 (NOT EVEN TOP 3!) teams by 21 points?!?!? 

Sheesh, already this year even Florida St kept it respectable with Louisville, as did Michigan St with Wisconsin. 

And LSU, with it's #1 recruiting class and Heisman trophy winning RB, is trucking along.  Miss St has only lost to LSU and South Alabama.  Texas A$M is having a great year with a D that will be gone after this year, already after winning ONE MORE GAME than us over the past two seasons, they are way way way way ahead of us.  Ole Miss is going to win the national championship if they don't get the death penalty.  Auburn's coach JUST SAVED HIS JOB by getting the team to 2-2!!!!  WHY IS ARKANSAS SO FAR BEHIND IN THE SEC-W?!?!?!  EVERY OTHER TEAM IS BEATING BAMA EVERY YEAR AND WE ARE SO FAR BEHIND.

THIS IS YEAR FOUR FOLKS!  YEAR FOUR!  YEAR FOUR IS WHEN EVERY OTHER TEAM WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! And we have LOST ONE GAME!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH

Pulled(PP)pork

PORKULATOR

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on September 27, 2016, 08:52:25 am
OH MAN I AM SO MAD THE HOGS GOT BEAT WE WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN SIX GAMES THIS YEAR.  Good teams never lose games like this.  To illustrate this, look at these losses from the teams in the group of six bowls and playoff last year:

TCU ONLY lost to Oklahoma State by 20 - that means Oklahoma would've beaten them by 45!!!
Ole Miss ONLY lost to Florida 38-10 and Memphis 37-24 (and some team called Arkansas 53-52 AFTER A 4TH AND 25 CONVERSION!!!)

Once you get to the actual bowls, look how these GREAT teams ACTUALLY KEPT IT CLOSE, UNLIKE ARKANSAS WHO IS TERRIBLE AND WILL NOT WIN ANYMORE GAMES THIS YEAR SO WE NEED A NEW COACH NOW HIRE SOMEONE FROM HOGVILLE:

MY POINT IS THIS: If these teams, the best from last season, can keep it close and LOSE RESPECTABLY and have successful programs and not have to worry about next year all the time b/c LAST YEAR THEY PROVED IT ON THE FIELD, why can't the Hogs do the same?!?!?  Why are the Hogs so far behind these other teams, IN YEAR FOUR, still losing to TOP 10 (NOT EVEN TOP 3!) teams by 21 points?!?!? 

Sheesh, already this year even Florida St kept it respectable with Louisville, as did Michigan St with Wisconsin. 

And LSU, with it's #1 recruiting class and Heisman trophy winning RB, is trucking along.  Miss St has only lost to LSU and South Alabama.  Texas A$M is having a great year with a D that will be gone after this year, already after winning ONE MORE GAME than us over the past two seasons, they are way way way way ahead of us.  Ole Miss is going to win the national championship if they don't get the death penalty.  Auburn's coach JUST SAVED HIS JOB by getting the team to 2-2!!!!  WHY IS ARKANSAS SO FAR BEHIND IN THE SEC-W?!?!?!  EVERY OTHER TEAM IS BEATING BAMA EVERY YEAR AND WE ARE SO FAR BEHIND.

THIS IS YEAR FOUR FOLKS!  YEAR FOUR!  YEAR FOUR IS WHEN EVERY OTHER TEAM WINS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! And we have LOST ONE GAME!!!!  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHH

quit yelling. 
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

devildoghawg

As incoherent and terrible this post is, I actually see what you did there and +1 you sir. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

RME

September 27, 2016, 09:13:08 am #4 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:51:14 am by RyanMallettsEgo

Florida State lost by 43 and scored garbage-time points. Michigan State lost by 24 and had absolutely no offense.

I'm not sure if there's some super-intelligent hidden meaning in your post that I'm not picking up on, or if it's Billy Madison-esque ranting.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 27, 2016, 09:13:08 am
Though you had lost me long before here, this just put the icing on the cake. Florida State lost by 43 and scored garbage-time points. Michigan State lost by 24 and had absolutely no offense.

I'm not sure if there's some super-intelligent hidden meaning in your post that I'm not picking up on, or if it's Billy Madison-esque ranting.
I would certainly HOPE the entire post was done with a great deal of sarcasm in mind. Otherwise I'm going to assume Bacon_Bitz has officially lost it.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Atlhogfan1

Good post regarding perspective.  Every team has a game or games each season where they make mistakes and don't play close to their best.  When it happens against a good team, you will likely lose unless they play even worse.  We had a bad day against a good team.  Hopefully Bama and OM have bad days against us and we have a chance for a couple of upset wins. 

As far as good team, I don't know how good the Hogs are.  Competitive yes (for now while healthy). 

But I also support fans need to vent and to discuss the good and bad of our teams. 

What goes beyond it is some find humor in annoying fans instead of leaving it in the DST.  And of course, we have to use a coach-at-another-program's success to attack our own - Nutt, Malzahn, Petrino, Anderson,...  It is what a small portion of fans will do. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jjdlc

Though you had lost me long before here, this just put the icing on the cake. Florida State lost by 43 and scored garbage-time points. Michigan State lost by 24 and had absolutely no offense.

He forgot to use the sarcasm tag.

Bacon_Bitz, quoting your own post for emphasis.... nice.  +1  :P

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RME

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on September 27, 2016, 09:37:24 am
Shouldn't have been necessary.

Yeah, my detectors aren't firing this morning.

I don't know though...after a lot of the threads started here after the A&M game, it's not TOO crazy to assume it isn't tongue-in-cheek.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 27, 2016, 09:40:45 am

I don't know though...after a lot of the threads started here after the A&M game, it's not TOO crazy to assume it isn't tongue-in-cheek.

This

jjdlc

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on September 27, 2016, 09:40:45 am
Yeah, my detectors aren't firing this morning.

No joke.  I have to admit, I was several sentences in before I realized it was humor.

Inhogswetrust

Florida State lost by 43 and scored garbage-time points. Michigan State lost by 24 and had absolutely no offense.

It's called super intelligent sarcasm.......
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Deep Shoat

They won't get it...
All Gas, No Brakes!

RME

hogpc

Bacon_Bitz

BUMP because the GRIND is for real!  >:( >:( >:(

code red

I think the most disappointing aspect of the loss Saturday was....that we had several opportunities to win....and players were put in the right spot to win....but, they made critical errors.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ATLHog

GolfnHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2016, 10:08:57 am
It's called super intelligent sarcasm.......

Then that shat is gonna get lost on a ton of folks around here!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: code red on September 27, 2016, 11:57:36 am
I think the most disappointing aspect of the loss Saturday was....that we had several opportunities to win....and players were put in the right spot to win....but, they made critical errors.
And while that aspect is obviously disappointing, in years past we weren't always in that position. BTW while it remains to be seen, at this point I suspect that may be the best overall team that TAM has had since they joined the league. And yes, that includes the team(s) led by Manzel.

DoctorSusscrofa

The thread title hooks ya, and ya can't help but read most of the OP.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Bacon_Bitz

I AGREE WHAT EVERYTHING THIS TWEET-MAN SAYS!

THANK YOU bo mattingly FOR RETWEETING!

https://twitter.com/MBrasch83/with_replies?lang=en

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorkSoda

Perspective, Hogville needs some

good post BTW
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Medic821

Well sounds like the plane pulling the banner could be fired up soon. ( SARCASM)

Bacon_Bitz

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

DeltaBoy

Coach said we gave up 7 big plays and you can  afford to only give up one or 2 in a game and expect to win.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bacon_Bitz

I can't tell if OP is being serious or not . . .  :puke: