Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greater: Nathan Ward

Started by Andrew Hogfan, August 29, 2016, 10:36:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Hogfan

Who is #33 Dlineman Nathan Ward? I can't find him on the 98 roster. Driving me nuts. Anybody?
WPS!!!

SDZ_Hog

Is it a case where the name of a real player was changed

wholehog92

D linemen aren't eligible to wear 33 by rule.  name and number changed to protect actual people.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

onebadrubi

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 29, 2016, 11:34:09 am
D linemen aren't eligible to wear 33 by rule.  name and number changed to protect actual people.

care to elaborate a little more?  meaning the actual person did not give the approval for the movie?

Peter Porker

Ryan Hale fits the description. White guy, defensive lineman.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hogs7199

Quote from: wholehog92 on August 29, 2016, 11:34:09 am

Not true.  The only set in stone numbering requirement is there has to be 5 players numbered 50-79 on the line of scrimmage on offense (except when the numbering exception applies.  There are recommendations, but there are plenty of exceptions.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

So basically that person didn't want to be portrayed in the movie? Am I the only one that finds that strange?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 29, 2016, 12:15:19 pm
So basically that person didn't want to be portrayed in the movie? Am I the only one that finds that strange?

Did you see the character that guy played? Not how I would have wanted to be portrayed

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 29, 2016, 12:18:25 pm
Did you see the character that guy played? Not how I would have wanted to be portrayed
Havent seen the movie yet, so no.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on August 29, 2016, 12:18:25 pm
This
WPS!!!

KlubhouseKonnected

Yeah if you have a character that is a real jerk it's nice to not give him the name of an actual person even if that person was a real jerk.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Biggus Piggus

They probably created a character for storytelling purposes.
[CENSORED]!

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 29, 2016, 01:05:01 pm
This was my initial thought but they said it took so long to make because they didn't want it straying from the original story. They didn't want Hollywood to take any "liberties." So marty and someone else, i cant remember, wrote the script themselves. So that wouldn't make any since to create a character just for the movie.
WPS!!!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on August 29, 2016, 01:11:43 pm
This was my initial thought but they said it took so long to make because they didn't want it straying from the original story. They didn't want Hollywood to take any "liberties." So marty and someone else, i cant remember, wrote the script themselves. So that wouldn't make any since to create a character just for the movie.

They already admitted they changed some events and dates and things to allow them to simplify the storyline.
[CENSORED]!

sowmonella

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on August 29, 2016, 01:05:01 pm

This^^^
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorhog52

Could also be Nathan Cole. Played LB and DL until being moved to TE as a senior.

supersaint

Quote from: razorhog52 on August 29, 2016, 03:03:59 pm
Could also be Nathan Cole. Played LB and DL until being moved to TE as a senior.

Was going to say this until it was mentioned that the character was a jerk. Nathan was / is a great guy.  Same for Ryan Hale.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

gtrpikr

I messaged the Greater facebook page and asked this question. They said he is a composite character of all of the players that Brandon had to win over.