Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Peavey Transfer?

Started by Hogs33, August 23, 2016, 03:56:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs33

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Virgil

If I where him and in his position I would go to where I could play. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

sickboy

I'd hope for whatever is best for Peavey. I'm sure our coaches can help him make that decision. If he's got a better chance of seeing the field somewhere else than he does here -- then let the boy make the best decision for himself.

I know I'll root for the kid no matter where he's at. Be it Arkansas or elsewhere. He's done nothing but been an exemplary representative of the Hogs. He committed early to the Hogs and never wavered and never griped or complained once about playing time. Even though he was a highly rated prospect.

Hogs run wild

hate to hear it, but riding the pine is no one's wish, especially if you are a competitor. best of luck Rafe.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

The_MardDog

Quote from: Virgil on August 23, 2016, 04:01:15 pm

I have to agree.  I would really hate seeing him go, but can understand not wanting to stand on the sidelines calling plays my entire collegiate career. 

a0ashle

If true, CBB is the type to help him land somewhere fitting.

AirWarren

When Cole Kelley signed the dotted line, automatically Rafe Pevey and Ty Storey became after thoughts. You can bank on it, Cole Kelley will be the future of Arkansas razorback QB.

AirWarren

Quote from: a0ashle on August 23, 2016, 04:04:45 pm
If true, CBB is the type to help him land somewhere fitting.

Arkansas state would be a good fit. He could run an offense like the former PA kid ran it.

a0ashle

If he transferred right now, would this season count as his 1 season to sit out? Is there a limit into how far into the season before that is no longer the case?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Virgil on August 23, 2016, 04:01:15 pm

Since you are not him perhaps he should do what he thinks is best for him no matter what that might be. It always bugs me when fans want to say what they think is best for a player in any position. That's what you are insinuating.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Posted elsewhere:

In before the rest:
If he leaves, I wish him all the best.

I hope he finds a starting job and a good rest of his college career.
From what I've read, he's been Whole Hog all the way, so I'm rooting for him.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2016, 04:05:45 pm
When Cole Kelley signed the dotted line, automatically Rafe Pevey and Ty Storey became after thoughts. You can bank on it, Cole Kelley will be the future of Arkansas razorback QB.

If there is one thing that can be said about banking on sports is not to bank on anything regarding sports.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

a0ashle

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 23, 2016, 04:07:48 pm
Since you are not him perhaps he should do what he thinks is best for him no matter what that might be. It always bugs me when fans want to say what they think is best for a player in any position. That's what you are insinuating.

I think someone can simultaneously state what they would do in the situation, and also be supportive of a player making their own decision.

Hogwild

Quote from: a0ashle on August 23, 2016, 04:06:23 pm
If he transferred right now, would this season count as his 1 season to sit out? Is there a limit into how far into the season before that is no longer the case?

He could play immediately if he transferred to a FCS school. If not he would sit out '16, and play in '17& '18 

kodiakisland

Unfortunately, someone has to go eventually.  You can't keep adding scholarships at QB without cutting something else.  Besides, players want to play.  They should go somewhere they have a chance to play if that's what they want.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

a0ashle

Quote from: Hogwild on August 23, 2016, 04:11:49 pm
He could play immediately if he transferred to a FCS school. If not he would sit out '16, and play in '17& '18

I didn't know if there was a point in the season where he could no longer transfer to FBS and count '16 as his sit out year (assuming he didn't take any snaps for us).

Pork Ranger

Kinda scary if AA ever goes down

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: AP85 on August 23, 2016, 04:06:14 pm
Arkansas state would be a good fit. He could run an offense like the former PA kid ran it.

Sources indicate that SMU is among the schools in which Peavey is interested. Peavey, a redshirt sophomore, would have to sit out this season if he transfers to another Football Bowl Subdivision program, and would have two years of eligibility remaining in 2017.

Hogs33

I was hoping Peavey would be are starting QB in the future. I love dual-threat QB's because it gives our offense another weapon and another thing the defense has to scheme for, but all in all, if he is not the best option, then he is not the best option. I hope all the best for Peavey if he does leave. He seems like a great young adult.

sickboy

Quote from: Hogs33 on August 23, 2016, 04:16:11 pm
I was hoping Peavey would be are starting QB in the future. I love dual-threat QB's because it gives our offense another weapon and another thing the defense has to scheme for, but all in all, if he is not the best option, then he is not the best option. I hope all the best for Peavey if he does leave. He seems like a great young adult.

Cole Kelley was surprisingly effective at scrambling with the ball in high school. He's a bit of a freak. Built like Mallett at 6'7", cannon for an arm, but can stretch plays with his feet. You're gonna like the way he plays the game of football.

Hogs33

Quote from: sickboy on August 23, 2016, 04:24:44 pm
Cole Kelley was surprisingly effective at scrambling with the ball in high school. He's a bit of a freak. Built like Mallett at 6'7", cannon for an arm, but can stretch plays with his feet. You're gonna like the way he plays the game of football.

Good to hear!!

trashcan maN

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 23, 2016, 04:07:48 pm
Relax. The dude is clearly saying that he would do the same thing Rafe is doing.[He is supporting Rafe.]

AirWarren

Quote from: trashcan maN on August 23, 2016, 04:28:26 pm
Relax. The dude is clearly saying that he would do the same thing Rafe is doing.[He is supporting Rafe.]

Dude is always uptight. You would think that taking the same picture of the same rock over and over for his avatar would help keep him calm.

GuvHog

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on August 23, 2016, 04:15:22 pm
Sources indicate that SMU is among the schools in which Peavey is interested. Peavey, a redshirt sophomore, would have to sit out this season if he transfers to another Football Bowl Subdivision program, and would have two years of eligibility remaining in 2017.

Unless of course CBB signs papers asking the NCAA to allow him to be immediately eligible at the school he chooses to transfer to like the former HC at Southern Cal did for a back that Transferred to Arkansas some years back.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Rzbakfromwaybak

This is not the first time a statement & predictions like this have been made, that has later been proven wrong....about multiple positions.  We don't know for sure who will even be on campus next year, or the year after.  Let the situation just play out as it should.  The coaches will put whoever is the best....at each position.  You can bank on it.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Lake City Hog

As I heard the guys on Drive Time explain it, Peavey plans to graduate this year. He could then transfer the same way as Raulerson, play immediately and have 2 years.

King Kong

Rafe is a great kid and I will root hard for him where ever he goes.

Razorback for life

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on August 23, 2016, 04:36:46 pm
This is not the first time a statement & predictions like this have been made, that has later been proven wrong....about multiple positions.  We don't know for sure who will even be on campus next year, or the year after.  Let the situation just play out as it should.  The coaches will put whoever is the best....at each position.  You can bank on it.

This is exactly what a lot of people were saying about Ty Storey when he got here, now he has already been passed.  There's never a more popular player than the next quarterback to get to campus.

Hankweb

Brother is a GA at UAB.
I wonder if he went there and sat out this year that they're not playing if he would maintain all of his eligible years?

bennyl08

Considering the source of this, Ebola, I'm skeptical of the accuracy. However, it was a lot more surprising that he came out and said this summer that he will not transfer than news that he might transfer is.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

King Kong

Quote from: GuvHog on August 23, 2016, 04:35:13 pm
Unless of course CBB signs papers asking the NCAA to allow him to be immediately eligible at the school he chooses to transfer to like the former HC at Southern Cal did for a back that Transferred to Arkansas some years back.

Broderick Green? He got a NCAA hardship due to a sick family member

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=4366945

Erockster20

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on August 23, 2016, 04:15:03 pm

From the sounds of it...if AA does go down it will be Kelley anyway.

RME

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 23, 2016, 04:44:44 pm
Considering the source of this, Ebola, I'm skeptical of the accuracy. However, it was a lot more surprising that he came out and said this summer that he will not transfer than news that he might transfer is.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/aug/23/sources-rafe-peavey-considering-transfer/

I doubt Ebola is the only source, and surely WholeHog wouldn't claim him as one of their sources. But yeah, I first saw it break from him so I do understand your apprehension.

AirWarren

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on August 23, 2016, 04:36:46 pm

Thanks coach.

cosmodrum

Don't disagree, but isn't Rafe the most game ready?
Go away, batin'

longpig

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on August 23, 2016, 04:15:03 pm

No scarier than it already was/is.
Don't be scared, be smart.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: a0ashle on August 23, 2016, 04:11:12 pm
I think someone can simultaneously state what they would do in the situation, and also be supportive of a player making their own decision.
Agreed, that was a candidate for dumbest post of the year. It's a message board.....it's what you do.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Hogs33 on August 23, 2016, 03:56:09 pm
https://www.seccountry.com/team/report-arkansas-qb-rafe-peavey-considering-transfer

Saying Peavey might transfer, any thoughts?

They are quoting ebola, so let's wait to see. He is known for tabloid style reports.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hogs33 on August 23, 2016, 04:16:11 pm
From everything I've heard and read the young man has been nothing less but classy all the way. He was an early commit that stayed with us throughout the recruiting process and has always struck me as totally all Hog. Would hate to loss such a young man; however, under the circumstances I could understand IF he decides he needs to make a change. I know too that CBB and the staff would do everything in their power to assist Rafe find the best new home possible.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 23, 2016, 04:38:17 pm
As I heard the guys on Drive Time explain it, Peavey plans to graduate this year. He could then transfer the same way as Raulerson, play immediately and have 2 years.
Then I hope he stays and graduates. He could then have his choice of schools.

ChitownHawg

That seems like a smart plan for him.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Hogs run wild

Quote from: Hawghiggs on August 23, 2016, 05:44:33 pm
Then I hope he stays and graduates. He could then have his choice of schools.
what would stop him from going to miss St. Or Auburn then? I hope that's not his plan, but who knows.

theFlyingHog

Would not be surprised if Ebola got his info from a couple substance-lacking posts here and ran with what he considered to be a likely scenario. It's a shame when that's what opinions of the media have come to. Glad we still have Mike Irwin around to class things up.

younghog

Do this.. Learn from ENOS.. Be #2.. Graduate then Transfer then EXCEL..

OR BE ALL HOG

go hogs
GO HOGS

tophawg19

this didn't come from Rafe . He is not a player to talk to the press without the coach putting it out first. it's just internet speculation and rumor
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hogs run wild on August 23, 2016, 05:54:44 pm
what would stop him from going to miss St. Or Auburn then? I hope that's not his plan, but who knows.
I may be wrong but I don't think grad transfers can stay in conference without approval from CBB. Nice as he is, don't think he would want a QB to play against us or give info to the likes of Gus. I may be wrong on the rule though

theFlyingHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 23, 2016, 05:58:57 pm
this didn't come from Rafe . He is not a player to talk to the press without the coach putting it out first. it's just internet speculation and rumor
Ebola. It spreads around and screws up everything

Hogs run wild

Quote from: theFlyingHog on August 23, 2016, 05:59:24 pm
I may be wrong but I don't think grad transfers can stay in conference without approval from CBB. Nice as he is, don't think he would want a QB to play against us or give info to the likes of Gus. I may be wrong on the rule though
Georgia just got a grad transfer from bama. Wonder if a certain degree being offered @ Georgia was required.

presidenthog

I've been saying this for a long time. i knew he would be the one to go. I never expected him to start here.

presidenthog

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 23, 2016, 05:58:57 pm
Dudley Dawson today said he spoke with his parents. this is real. I'm sorry your qb crush is considering transfering. he is thinking over it tonight. Dudley said he would be calling them tomorrow for updates.